Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 6:01 pm

» New to Me Swing
Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from Michigan

Go down 
+3
model28a
wis-rider
Treeman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Treeman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-12-29

Hello from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Michigan   Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 12:17 pm

I am age 71, a widower, Gold Wing Rider, and consider myself a motorcycle/scooter enthusiest.  I tour an average of 15000 miles yearly.  My intention is to switch from my Gold Wing to a maxi scooter very soon, possibly this coming Spring.

My dog, Pugsley, always rides pillion with me, harnessed and double strapped to the Wing's armrests.  We have logged over 60,000 miles on three different motorcycles.  I believe that Pugsley enjoys the ride at least as much as me, probably more.  Needless to say, Pugsley is excited about the maxi scooter plans. However, he is always excited about everything.  The snow is a foot deep here in Michigan, but whenever I get near the bike, he is sitting by it, tail wagging, yipping, etc.

Anyway, my first choice in a maxi scooter would be the Honda Integra, which of course is not here in the U.S. yet.  Hopefully, it will be here this Spring, but if not may have to go with the BMW scooter, or possibly the Burgman.

I developed my love of two wheels on a 1952 Allstate in 1956, then moved on up to a new 1958 Allstate Crusaire.  Since those teen age years, I've been riding sport and touring bikes.  I am enthused about this switch to a scooter, since it will be like my second childhood. Shocked
Back to top Go down
wis-rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wis-rider

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2010-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Michigan   Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 2:27 pm

Welcome to the Forum.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Michigan   Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 4:10 pm

Treeman, welcome to the best Silverwing forum on the web. Why not consider the Silverwing ? You already know the quality of Honda and the Silverwing no exception. I have road most all scooters except the BMW and after over 48,000 miles on my Silverwing I will never be without a Silverwing. Whatever you end up with I wish you many miles of safe scooter riding.
Back to top Go down
Treeman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Michigan   Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 4:43 pm

model28a wrote:
Treeman, welcome to the best Silverwing forum on the web. Why not consider the Silverwing ? You already know the quality of Honda and the Silverwing no exception. I have road most all scooters except the BMW and after over 48,000 miles on my Silverwing I will never be without a Silverwing. Whatever you end up with I wish you many miles of safe scooter riding.      

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, you cannot beat Honda quality, no doubt. However, I want a new maxi scooter and the Silver Wing is not available here in the U.S for 2014. Also, I've never been a fan of CVT transmissions on scooters, so really want to try that new DCT. Another forum member just informed of the Silver Wing SW-T, which is available in Europe. I'm in the process of researching that, since maybe that will be the replacement for the U.S.

In my opinion, Honda reliability beats all others, plus they have a vast dealer network, which is great for long distance touring. Another thinh I'd like to see is the electronic windscreen. Had that on my ST1300, and once you have it, you will love it!
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hello from Michigan 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Michigan   Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 5:02 pm

welcome  As you have seen, you will find a lot of information on the Silver Wing as well as other bikes on this forum. Something to do when the snow is a foot deep. Maybe you can get Pugsley to log on. He probably has some great riding stories.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Michigan   Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 8:44 am

Welcome! As one who has both a Silver Wing and a Gold Wing, I can see why people downsize to the SW. The GW is awesome but a handful especially in slow speed maneuvers!

If you get serious about a Silver Wing call around, it is easy to score a 2011-13 model NEW at a discount! MSRP is $9270. but you can beat that by picking up one still on a dealer showroom!!! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Michigan   Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Treeman wrote:
>> Another forum member just informed of the Silver Wing SW-T, which is available in Europe.  I'm in the process of researching that, since maybe that will be the replacement for the <<>>Another thinh I'd like to see is the electronic windscreen.  Had that on my ST1300, and once you have it, you will love it!<<

The only difference between the SW-T and 'our' SW, from what I understand, is a redesign of the front end body work and instrument cluster. Same CVT, no electric windscreen.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Magoo Triker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Magoo Triker

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Michigan   Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 8:20 pm

welcome 

Magoo Triker
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Michigan   Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Michigan
Page 1 of 1