Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Left brake micro-switch
Top Box considering that  Hi-vis and LED's are my friends I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Yesterday at 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Top Box considering that  Hi-vis and LED's are my friends I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Top Box considering that  Hi-vis and LED's are my friends I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 8:11 am

» Silverwing Brakes
Top Box considering that  Hi-vis and LED's are my friends I_icon_minitimeby Silverwingdays Yesterday at 6:20 am

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Top Box considering that  Hi-vis and LED's are my friends I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Wed May 08, 2024 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
Top Box considering that  Hi-vis and LED's are my friends I_icon_minitimeby COMick Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Top Box considering that  Hi-vis and LED's are my friends I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Top Box considering that  Hi-vis and LED's are my friends I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Top Box considering that  Hi-vis and LED's are my friends I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Top Box considering that  Hi-vis and LED's are my friends I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tbear
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tbear

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2023-10-18

Top Box considering that  Hi-vis and LED's are my friends Empty
PostSubject: Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends   Top Box considering that  Hi-vis and LED's are my friends I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2024 6:01 pm

The choices are overwhelming. I have a beat up Shad SH45 that I will be forced to use temporarily so SWMBO doesn't fall off the back. It does not hold our two helmets, maybe someone else's.
I would like something that gives at least an extra brake light and compliments the black 2005 Swing. And is large enough for two helmets. Or would extra running lights be better than brake lights? Both, right?
My searches revealed that most of you prefer Givi.
OH! Comfort for the wife is very important. I thought about a HD King tour pack for the nice back and arm rests. It is 24" or maybe 60 cm long so it would over hang the rear a good bit. Would definitely need serious lighting in that case.
Experience, thoughts, flights of fancy, all are welcome comments.
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends   Top Box considering that  Hi-vis and LED's are my friends I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2024 6:46 pm

Easy…I have an older, used Givi E52 Maxia case that I use and placed Admore.com lights in the case (so bought it used and added the lights)- I also installed a $5 flasher unit from SuperBrightLEDs.com. I bought the rack to install it from Revzilla (and it was an easy installation since the underside of the rack has the drill points)- when I hit the brakes, the lights on the top case blink 4x quickly, 4x more slowly, then steady on (and is legal). I put a quick disconnect as well (electrically) so I can transfer the top box from my SWing to the ST1100 and have the same flasher function on that bike. You may want to consider a different case that will accommodate 2 helmets (not sure if mine does).

Here’s a pic of it on the bike and you can see the quick disconnect:

Top Box considering that  Hi-vis and LED's are my friends Img_4910

Also, if you look closely at the handlebar, you can see the helmet hook I have- I don’t recall where I got it (likely eBay) but it was maybe $20. So unless you’re in a sketchy area, you could put one helmet on the hook (and there are others available that do lock) and the other in the top case, leaving room for other items.
Back to top Go down
Tbear
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tbear

PostSubject: Re: Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends   Top Box considering that  Hi-vis and LED's are my friends I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2024 7:16 pm

Easy you say! I thought you lived next door and would help me install the lot all at a reasonable price! That's a joke. Top Box considering that  Hi-vis and LED's are my friends 1f600
I studied the on line offerings for the LED lights from Admore and was trying to figure out which current Givi and Shad cases the Admores work with.

Thank you for the complete description so I can try to imitate what you did. Your set up sounds great.

Any other ideas? #JohnnyC this thread title is a borrowed quote from you.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends   Top Box considering that  Hi-vis and LED's are my friends I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2024 4:12 am

I bought an Admore Light Bar and mounted it under the Givi rack.
I am told it was very successful, comments having been made about the height of the specific lights for topboxes being a bit to high and dazzling following motorists.
I bolted the bar on the two back bolts of the rack.
It meant also that I had the extra lights when I rode (rarely) without the box.

In my gallery there are pictures of it:

https://www.silverwing600.com/gallery/Personal-album-of-MikeO/Personal-album-of-MikeO-cat_u308.htm

Back to top Go down
JohnyC
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
JohnyC

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2022-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends   Top Box considering that  Hi-vis and LED's are my friends I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2024 6:39 am

Having read your post MikeO I think you can label your lights "Working as intended!"
Another trick I use is fitting flashing brake lights, like the supercars have, they flash 4 times before staying on until released, works very well as the Swing uses 2 of them, also fitted to my VFR 1200FD.
Example:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/156155874126
PLEASE NOTE: make sure they are 21w/5w version not just a stop light
Hope this helps.

Be safe, be seen!  Hi-Vis and LED's are your friends.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends   Top Box considering that  Hi-vis and LED's are my friends I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2024 8:34 am

At the time I fitted the bar I was living in Belgium where the rules on flashing brake-lights were more relaxed than in the UK.
On a trip over for a rideout, I was pulled over by a motorcycle policeman while riding along the Embankmentt.
He approached me in a friendly way, his first words being,
'Do you speak English?' and was relieved when I said I was English but living in Belgium.
The bike had a Belgian number-plate and a big 'B' sticker.
I was relieved when he didn't mention flashing lights and informed me the police were checking on foreign vehicles in case they'd been in the country for more than six months.
We had a pleasant chat and went on our journeys.
I am in no doubt that flashing brake-lights and sequential indicator lights are a great benefit.
I noticed relatively recently that sequential indicators are standard on many cars.

Incidentally, wiring-in the bar was made very simple as I bought a DennisB connector so it was virtually plug 'n' play.
Somewhere, I have the colour-code to match Silverwing rear harness to Admore Light-Bar.
In fact, I've posted it here more than once in the past.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends   Top Box considering that  Hi-vis and LED's are my friends I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2024 9:09 am

Wiring:

Silver Wing Harness -> AdMore Wiring
Green (Ground) -> Black
Light Blue (Rt Signal) -> Green
Orange (Lt Signal) -> Yellow
Black/Brown (running lights) -> Tie Blue & Red wire together
Green/Yellow (brake lights) -> Purple
Back to top Go down
Tbear
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tbear

PostSubject: Re: Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends   Top Box considering that  Hi-vis and LED's are my friends I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2024 12:41 pm

Top Box considering that  Hi-vis and LED's are my friends Img_0714[/url]
Back to top Go down
Tbear
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tbear

PostSubject: Re: Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends   Top Box considering that  Hi-vis and LED's are my friends I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Great stuff here, many thanks.
My wonderful wife’s Helix is on the left. The lights are so low on this bike I am thinking I will put the Admore lights in the top case.
For our Swing the light bar is probably preferred so as not to be offensive to anyone following.
So I get to use both suggestions!
I am re-thinking the top case size after doing some measurements.
I placed an order with Shad March 13 and have yet to see it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends   Top Box considering that  Hi-vis and LED's are my friends I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Page 1 of 1