Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Greetings from Michigan I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 7:49 am

» New to Me Swing
Greetings from Michigan I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Today at 3:47 am

» I said Farewell...
Greetings from Michigan I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 8:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Greetings from Michigan I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 10:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Greetings from Michigan I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:28 pm

» Drive belt prices
Greetings from Michigan I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:28 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Greetings from Michigan I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Greetings from Michigan I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Greetings from Michigan I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Greetings from Michigan I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Greetings from Michigan

Go down 
+9
Opalsboy
Dale
wayneliz
JeffR
CathyN
jdeereanton
MikeO
DennisB
Henry David
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Henry David
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-01-29

Greetings from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Michigan   Greetings from Michigan I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 9:59 pm

Greetings from Michigan!

It is a bit chilly for riding here. Snow and ice on the road.
The good news is that spring is just around the corner.

I do not own a Silverwing, but I am actively searching for one.

Meanwhile, I am hoping to learn about the SWing so that I will
be ready to ride when I find my "new best friend".

Thanks!

Henry David
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Michigan   Greetings from Michigan I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 10:14 pm

Hi Henry,

Welcome to the forum. Happy you decided to join in. A bunch of great information and good people here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Michigan   Greetings from Michigan I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 10:26 pm

Henry, you may discover, as I have, that unless you are "in the club" you won't get your greeting posted on this site. Best wishes after you get your Swing.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Michigan   Greetings from Michigan I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 11:40 pm

Hello, Henry, and welcome from me, too.
I joined before I got my Silverwing and was welcomed heartily and also had time to read up on some very useful stuff so I was well-prepared for the day it arrived.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Michigan   Greetings from Michigan I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 11:50 pm

Henry David,

Welcome to the forum - enjoy the ride.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Michigan   Greetings from Michigan I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 11:55 pm

Welcome Henry,

I did not know about this site before I bought my Swing. I am happy I know about it now. I get alot of useful information and alot of laughs from here. Glad I found it. Great bunch of folks here. Enjoy the forum and your ride.

Cathy Smile
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Michigan   Greetings from Michigan I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 1:25 am

Henry,

Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy it. Good luck with finding your SWing this spring and hope you will be an active member here. Welcome.

u.p. tom,

This was your first post: https://www.silverwing600.com/t147-what-kinds-of-bikes-have-you-had-before-and-compare-them-to-the-swing#902

Your greeting post was posted and responded too. It's just that you didn't start your own topic for a greeting but put your greeting post in a post of mine about bikes members have owned. There is no "club" on this site.

Last edited by JeffR on Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
wayneliz
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wayneliz

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2010-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Michigan   Greetings from Michigan I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 1:39 am

Welcome Henry and you too, UP Tom. I hope you both enjoy this forum and get the information and friendship you are looking for. Great to have you aboard!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Michigan   Greetings from Michigan I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 2:21 am

jeffR my greeting post mentioning "club" followed a previous post made minutes earlier that was not posted. I have had other posts that were never posted.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Michigan   Greetings from Michigan I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 2:26 am

tom,

Please get in touch with me if posts aren't being posted. We don't moderate posts here so there has to be another problem. If it happens again please get in touch with me because I don't want anyone to think that the moderators decide what gets posted. Everything should be getting posted and I haven't had anyone mention this before.

Someone did think we were deleting posts once but it had to be a system error. I think I have only deleted a couple of posts in the 2 years this site has been running. But please get in touch with me if any of your posts are not being posted. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Dale
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2010-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Michigan   Greetings from Michigan I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 4:13 am

Welcome to the forum. There is much to be enjoyed here, and much to share. You'll be well prepared when the right scooter comes along.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Michigan   Greetings from Michigan I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 4:43 am

Welcome Henry David ... You are invited to join the club. You obviously are already in, your post is here. Just kidding Tom...

You can learn a lot of the basics by clicking on the "Forum" button near the top of any page. There find tips on using the forum. Pictorials of how to maintain you Swing. Items for sale. Lots of things to read there. You can ask questions about anything. There will be someone on here to help you find answers. Don't be embarrassed. Most of this group will jump at the chance to help new members. Your posts will be posted

BTW Tom It seems like I have seen lots of posts from you. Maybe not, maybe just seems so.

Footnote... I just did a search by member for u p tom.. there are 54 posts listed by you... you must be more in the club than you realized. Welcome to you too...
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Michigan   Greetings from Michigan I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 4:54 am

Another thought about missing posts.... sometimes I type a really cleaver. inspiring, first class post... then forget to click on the "send" button.... have to start over and more times than not... the new post is so much less clever, less inspiring. Or, I forget what I wanted to say and just go to bed.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Greetings from Michigan 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Michigan   Greetings from Michigan I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 8:11 am

WELCOME TO " THE CLUB" HENRY DAVID. Gary, Opalsboy, is in charge of the decoder rings, but don't let Him try to show you that secret handshake thing. This goes double for any women that join. JeffR and his moderators seem to run a very inclusive club here. It's only for those who love their Swings and those who don't. All others are excluded. We are happy to include you. Enjoy the ride.
small moped
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Michigan   Greetings from Michigan I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 2:26 pm

Welcome to the forum Henry - from the dudes across the Pond!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Henry David
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Registration date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Michigan   Greetings from Michigan I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 1:49 am

A big "Thanks" to all who welcomed me so warmly!

I have good news. After a diligent and not so patient search I located a "vintage"
02 Silverwing. It is a low mileage unit and I am just tickled.

Now, if the weather would just cooperate. Smile

I have been spending lots of time "lurking" here and I have already learned a great
deal about the Silverwing.

The instructions and PDFs in the maintenance area have been must instructive.

This is a wonderful forum full of friendly and helpful people.

Henry David

Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Michigan   Greetings from Michigan I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 2:00 am

Hello Henry,

Happy you decided to join in. Don't forget to check at your Honda dealer for any recall updates on that 2002.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Michigan   Greetings from Michigan I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 3:32 am

Welcome David... you are gonna love this forum. As you have learned from your lurking... we are a close bunch. Lots of neighborly assistance is available here. Glad you can join the excitement.
Back to top Go down
Buickguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2011-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Michigan   Greetings from Michigan I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 4:22 am

Hello!

Another SE Michigan 2002 SilverWing owner here!
Do check on hose recalls. Mine didn't have any of them done and its scheduled for the full treatment now.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Michigan   Greetings from Michigan I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 8:58 am

Lots of neighborly assistance is available here.

....and some very nice add-on, useful accessories made by DennisB (as you will have seen already but it should be said again!) Smile
Back to top Go down
hoss55
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
hoss55

Registration date : 2011-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Michigan   Greetings from Michigan I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:51 pm

Welcome to the forum. When u get your scoot u will enjoy it. U will learn alot here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Michigan   Greetings from Michigan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Michigan
Page 1 of 1