Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:39 am

» Drive belt prices
Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from Michigan

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
greywolve
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-02-13

Hello from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Michigan   Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 11:58 am

Hello . . . Although I do not own a Silver Wing yet, I really like what I see. I presently own 2 motorcycles, and can't ride either due to hip issues. I cannot spread my legs far enough apart to put my feet on the ground without pain. The bikes I own are the 2000 Honda Valkyrie and a 1978 Goldwing. Both have the "pancake" engine which is really wide. Could someone tell me the width at the floorboard of the Silver Wing where your feet would have to pass to contact the street? If it is too wide, I won't be able to ride a SW either. Thanks for whatever help you can give. Roger
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Michigan   Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 1:22 pm

The floorboards has a cut out where you feet goes when you make contact with the ground. Go to a dealer and sit on one . You could always Trike your Valkyrie with a used trike kit ,but a 2 wheel Swing will give more of a sporty feeling. Smile
Back to top Go down
greywolve
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Michigan   Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 3:05 pm

tinman wrote:
The floorboards has a cut out where you feet goes when you make contact with the ground. Go to a dealer and sit on one . You could always Trike your Valkyrie with a used trike kit ,but a 2 wheel Swing will give more of a sporty feeling. Smile
Thanks for your response. I thought about triking the Valk, but it doesn't solve my hip rotation problem. I would still have to slide over that wide engine.

So can I assume the SWings haven't changed much dimensionally over the years in case I go with a used one (if I fit on a new one that is . . . . Smile)? Thanks, Rog
Back to top Go down
RichG
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Michigan   Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 3:36 pm

greywolve wrote:
Hello . . . Although I do not own a Silver Wing yet, I really like what I see. I presently own 2 motorcycles, and can't ride either due to hip issues. I cannot spread my legs far enough apart to put my feet on the ground without pain. The bikes I own are the 2000 Honda Valkyrie and a 1978 Goldwing. Both have the "pancake" engine which is really wide. Could someone tell me the width at the floorboard of the Silver Wing where your feet would have to pass to contact the street? If it is too wide, I won't be able to ride a SW either. Thanks for whatever help you can give. Roger
hi Roger, Welcome.
I measured my floorboards on my 2012 SW and they are approx 20 inches, outer edge to outer edge. I don't think that has changed over the years.
Back to top Go down
greywolve
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Michigan   Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 4:31 pm

RichG wrote:
greywolve wrote:
hi Roger, Welcome.
I measured my floorboards on my 2012 SW and they are approx 20 inches, outer edge to outer edge. I don't think that has changed over the years.
Thanks a bunch
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Michigan   Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 5:10 pm

Roger, welcome to the forum. welcome I also have bad hips.(must be a Roger thing) Razz I have a Yamaha Morphous I don't ride much as it is to wide. My Silver wing is perfect for my hips, like tinman said the floorboards have a cut out where you feet go making it seem like it,s a lot narrower than it is. I agree that you should go to a dealer and sit on one like tinman suggested, that,s what I did and I have put over 41,000 mi. on my Wing with no hip probulmes.
Back to top Go down
greywolve
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Michigan   Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 5:18 pm

model28a wrote:
Roger, welcome to the forum. welcome I also have bad hips.(must be a Roger thing) Razz I have a Yamaha Morphous I don't ride much as it is to wide. My Silver wing is perfect for my hips, like tinman said the floorboards have a cut out where you feet go making it seem like it,s a lot narrower than it is. I agree that you should go to a dealer and sit on one like tinman suggested, that,s what I did and I have put over 41,000 mi. on my Wing with no hip probulmes.

Thanks for the great advice. Ihave been itching to ride in the open air. Haven't rode my Valk since 2010. Hope it ain't the end of my trail . . . . Rog
Back to top Go down
surlybiker58
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
surlybiker58

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2011-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Michigan   Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 8:03 pm

Welcome !

Dealers in my area don't have Silver Wings on display so I hope it's different in your neck of the woods and you get to try one out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Michigan   Hello from Michigan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Michigan
Page 1 of 1