Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs

Go down 
+3
MikeO
JeffR
tankyuong
7 posters
AuthorMessage
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs Empty
PostSubject: i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs   i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 3:30 pm

Anybody have a better way?cupholders?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs   i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 6:07 pm

I had one I bought for a boat and never put on. It swings which might work on a bike. I'm going to look for it when I get home. Lately I've just kept water in the glove box in a bottle. One of the guys in our group has one on the hump by the gas lid, it is just screwed into the plastic and seems to work pretty well.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs   i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 1:08 am

I need to get something too. Since I installed Dennis's gps mount I still have the old one that mounts on the handlebar, so I'm thinking of getting a cup holder that mounts on that. Does anyone know a web site to buy cup holders on a gps mount that has a ball on the end? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3794
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs   i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 6:25 am

I think RAM Mounts do one or two.

Worth a Google. Wink
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs   i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 6:29 am

We use the rehydration backpacks over here. In summer you can fill them with ice and water and just suck on the pipe whenever. The one I use is good for 2 liters, tho I usually only use half of that. Saves fumbling around for a bottle while on the move.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs   i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:55 am

Search the web for "bar buoy" It has a small plastic disc about the size of a half dollar that you screw on to the bike.
http://silverwing.org/cgi-bin/image_show.pl?img=%2fmwf%2fattach%2f73%2f1873%2fCollage3.jpg

Then the cup holder attaches to that when you need it.
Store it away wen you don't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs   i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:05 am

KurtPerthWA wrote:
We use the rehydration backpacks over here. In summer you can fill them with ice and water and just suck on the pipe whenever. The one I use is good for 2 liters, tho I usually only use half of that. Saves fumbling around for a bottle while on the move.

We're thinking of getting the backpack. Which one are you using?
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs   i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 4:38 pm

Way too complicated. Doesn't anyone simply pull over and have a drink somewhere nice and scenic anymore.

Time for like minded people to stop and have a chat. Works for me. 🍺
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs   i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 11:11 pm

Emeskay wrote:
KurtPerthWA wrote:

We're thinking of getting the backpack. Which one are you using?

I use the Camelbak Mule ( http://www.camelbak.com/sports-recreation/hydration-packs/mule.aspx) 100 oz or 3 L

The Mule has 600 cu inches of storage space which is convenient for off SWing usage.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs   i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 7:10 am

Geeze Waspie, its hard enough to get the group to stop for a whizz... Besides there is always a problem of dehydration while riding in our hot climate. Also there's not that much to look at as far as scenery goes, so stopping for more than five minutes is a great treat for the flies.
And Honda_Silver, I use a local branded (probably Chinese tho) Malvern Star backpack with a generic bladder. The backpack has a couple of small compartments for wallet etc and a slightly larger one which would suit a digital camera. Its big enough to carry an apple or two in the bladder compartment too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs   i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:26 am

honda_silver wrote:
I use the Camelbak Mule ( http://www.camelbak.com/sports-recreation/hydration-packs/mule.aspx) 100 oz or 3 L

The Mule has 600 cu inches of storage space which is convenient for off SWing usage.

That's the one we've been looking at. ⭐ I found it at campmor.com for a really good deal, if anyone is interested.Exclamation We haven't ordered it yet, though.

Thanks, Bill.

Mandy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs   i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

i'm tired of putting my drink between my legs
Page 1 of 1