Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
My legs are too long I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
My legs are too long I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
My legs are too long I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
My legs are too long I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
My legs are too long I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
My legs are too long I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
My legs are too long I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
My legs are too long I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
My legs are too long I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
My legs are too long I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

My legs are too long

Go down 
+6
C-Wing
AAAA
tonylumps
Waspie
"Hi Yo"
Jennifer F
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Jennifer F
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Jennifer F

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-03-27

My legs are too long Empty
PostSubject: My legs are too long   My legs are too long I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 2:42 am

Just wondering what folks are doing when you cant extend your legs all the way on long trips. I feel cramped sometimes and feel like Im on a clown bike.
I thought about removing the butt bumper since it doesnt do anything but annoy me.

Any ideas would be great!
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
My legs are too long 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: My legs are too long   My legs are too long I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 2:55 am

The butt pad is adjustible. Is yours all the way back? I'm trying to imagine a woman with legs too long. Nope, can't do it.
Back to top Go down
Jennifer F
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Jennifer F

PostSubject: Re: My legs are too long   My legs are too long I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 3:04 am

Yep, all the way back. Its an ok ride for about 20 miles, but past that, i want to stretch out. My knees are too bent when I place my feet high on the fairing. Im 5'7 and I need to move back about an inch more to feel comfortable while riding long haul. I have seen some folks just remove the butt rest, but I dont want to do damage to the seat as it wasnt designed to be used that way.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: My legs are too long   My legs are too long I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 4:24 am

Jennifer I find it strange you cannot extend your legs whilst riding the Silver Wing. I am the same height as yourself, my seat back is positioned in the rear position and have plenty room to spare.

I have to sit forward, to place my feet planted flat on the foremost floor boards. I tend to sit with my knees slightly bent so I can benefit from the Givi screen I have fitted. My heels are then sitting on the horizontal and the soul on the angled portion.

I wonder if you have a stretched 'Wing' Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-04-26

PostSubject: Re: My legs are too long   My legs are too long I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 5:26 am

Jennefer The back rest was made to be removed Only 2 allen screws The same ones that are for adjustment. Raise the seat you can't miss them.Now you will have 2 plastic inserts there Take a ride with the backrest off If it fits Just cover up the plastic with something. I used a piece of vinyl.
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: My legs are too long   My legs are too long I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 8:05 am

I have the same problem. 36 inch inseam. In the full back position it is still to tight, but removing it is to much. I thought about taking the material off and shaving the foam back an inch of so and recovering it, but i havent done so yet.
Back to top Go down
C-Wing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-04-07

PostSubject: Re: My legs are too long   My legs are too long I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 1:33 pm

I have a 36" inseam as well. I used 2 pieces of aluminum strap and changed the butt rest into a back rest. It is great! My low back would hurt but not any more.

C-Wing.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: My legs are too long   My legs are too long I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 3:23 pm

Jennifer,

Here is a link on how to make a backrest:

http://www.leroybeal.net/motorcycles/silverwing/articles/backrest/backrest.html

It will give you some more room for your legs.
Back to top Go down
Jennifer F
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Jennifer F

PostSubject: Re: My legs are too long   My legs are too long I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 10:55 pm

Already working on the backrest mod. Since I dont have a way to drill or bend the bars, I am having them made at a local metal shop. I need to spray paint them when I get them, but it should help.

Also, I bought a AirHawk seat cushion today as well. It helps a lot with leg room. I think that in combination with the buttrest, I should be good.

And for those keeping score, I changed my oil today, all by my lonesome! Thanks for the picture tutorial. I helped bunches!

1000 miles in 2 months and that wasnt even trying. Just to work and back each day (40 miles round trip).
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: My legs are too long   My legs are too long I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 8:05 pm

I took the bolster off today while doing some tire pressure checks and i like it much, much better! The "sitting on the toilet" position is gone, and i can actually move around much better through corners! i want something there however, so i think im gonna go ahead and trim the bolster back some, flatter across the pelvis, and re-cover it! yea!
Back to top Go down
Acquit
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Acquit

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-06-13

PostSubject: Re: My legs are too long   My legs are too long I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:46 am

Jennifer F wrote:
Just wondering what folks are doing when you cant extend your legs all the way on long trips. I feel cramped sometimes and feel like Im on a clown bike.
I thought about removing the butt bumper since it doesnt do anything but annoy me.

I have just about 120 miles on a Silverwing and my experience was about the same. I found the butt bumper put considerable pressure on my lower back and I wanted to move backwards 3-4 inches.

Does anyone make a straight replacement that is about 4 inches slimmer (particularly at the low end of the bumper) ?
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: My legs are too long   My legs are too long I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:53 am

Acquit wrote:
Does anyone make a straight replacement that is about 4 inches slimmer (particularly at the low end of the bumper) ?

I removed the buttrest and replace with a Utopia backrest ( http://www.utpr.com/silverwingnew.html ) ... which I found to be well worth it price. I would not want to ride without it Exclamation
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: My legs are too long   My legs are too long I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 11:20 pm

Hear is a link that will show you how to make a backrest out of your present but-pad.I made my own and it is still can be adjusted forward or back.I like it a lot,would not take it back off.Great for the long and short rides.
http://www.leroybeal.net/motorcycles/silverwing/articles/backrest/backrest.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My legs are too long   My legs are too long I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My legs are too long
Page 1 of 1