Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Mouned drink holder pic I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Yesterday at 7:57 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Mouned drink holder pic I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 1:44 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Mouned drink holder pic I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
Mouned drink holder pic I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Yesterday at 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
Mouned drink holder pic I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Mouned drink holder pic I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Mouned drink holder pic I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

» Silverwing Brakes
Mouned drink holder pic I_icon_minitimeby Silverwingdays Fri May 10, 2024 6:20 am

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Mouned drink holder pic I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Wed May 08, 2024 12:11 pm

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Mouned drink holder pic I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Mouned drink holder pic

Go down 
+6
KurtPerthWA
Meldrew
GHM-PM
Greydog
hotwings
hardee41
10 posters
AuthorMessage
hardee41
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
hardee41

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Mouned drink holder pic Empty
PostSubject: Mouned drink holder pic   Mouned drink holder pic I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 4:36 pm

http://community.webtv.net/hardee2/FoldingcupholderonS

You may have to copy the url; unless it highlights after I post. harley

Mounted on rt. running board all the way back.
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Mouned drink holder pic   Mouned drink holder pic I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 3:05 am

Hopefully you dont plan on using this while riding!!!
Back to top Go down
Greydog
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2013-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Mouned drink holder pic   Mouned drink holder pic I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 5:55 am

Yeah, that would be tough to get while riding, wouldn't it??
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2565
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Mouned drink holder pic   Mouned drink holder pic I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 8:14 am

I'd probably kick it off while riding...   Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mouned drink holder pic   Mouned drink holder pic I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 9:39 am

I think he already has, it's nowhere to be seen in the photo.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Mouned drink holder pic   Mouned drink holder pic I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 10:25 am

What's the point of this mounted drink holder anyway? All this 'morning coffee and afternoon Coke' is fine but you can't drink on the move very easily, you're riding with one hand when you're holding the cup or can, you have to lift your head up to take a sip and when you do that you have to raise your head and take your eyes of the road, and you've got your hand in front of your face blocking your vision. So it's not good practice in my book.

You can't take a hot drink wearing a full face helmet as the lower half prevents it, but you may be able to take a cold drink using a straw. On open face helmets you'd have to raise the visor fully, and on flip front helmets raise the front, and if you're not intending to drink when riding isn't it a lot easier to carry a hot drink in a thermos in the top box and drink when you stop. I've got a leakproof Contigo travel mug that's ideal for that and cold drinks too.

It's also a lot easier to keep yourself hydrated on hot days by wearing a Camelbak hydration pack, mine holds 1.5- 2litres and it's easy to put ice cubes in there too. I've got a neoprene cover over the drinking tube to stop the water or isotonic drink in it warming up easily, and there's no problems taking a drink from the bite valve on the move wearing any style of helmet.

Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Mouned drink holder pic   Mouned drink holder pic I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 10:29 am

WOW Meldrew IS right 100%.

My problem is where to put the TV screen and dishwasher for the cups.
Back to top Go down
hardee41
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
hardee41

PostSubject: Re: Mouned drink holder pic   Mouned drink holder pic I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 11:02 am

I don't understand the all problems you mention. I cruise along at 70mph on the interstate; cruise set, easily reach down 6" and pick up the drink; eyes never leave the road.

I never thought about it before; maybe I'm just special. Wink  harley
Back to top Go down
Colin B
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Colin B

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2013-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Mouned drink holder pic   Mouned drink holder pic I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 11:05 am

Talking of "Thermos" flasks which keep hot drinks hot or cold ones cold.

The question is ... how do they know?!   Neutral   scratch

Anyway. Whilst I don't disagree with the above comments, they are, once again, an outright and unsolicited attack. Why not ask the member HOW he uses it, before stoning him.

I have a crescent shaped table, which straps around my waist and has two legs which extend down to the footboards. It's perfect for eating a meal, or doing a little work on my laptop as I ride along. But I'm sure as hell not going to mention it here in case you ridicule, or worse, steal my brilliant idea.

drunken
Back to top Go down
hardee41
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
hardee41

PostSubject: Re: Mouned drink holder pic   Mouned drink holder pic I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 11:11 am

I like Colin B. Laughing  Everyone have a good day. h
Back to top Go down
Colin B
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Colin B

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2013-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Mouned drink holder pic   Mouned drink holder pic I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 11:24 am

hardee41 wrote:
I like Colin B. Laughing 

"He don't know me very well, do he!" (Bugs Bunny?)

Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Mouned drink holder pic   Mouned drink holder pic I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 11:59 am

Colin B wrote:
Talking of "Thermos" flasks which keep hot drinks hot or cold ones cold.

The question is ... how do they know?!   Neutral   scratch

Anyway. Whilst I don't disagree with the above comments, they are, once again, an outright and unsolicited attack. Why not ask the member HOW he uses it, before stoning him.
It's simple, I was sitting in a coffee shop with Brubaker and we've got cans and those disposable coffee cups in front of us, so we both tried it and our hands obscured obscured our vision. I've also read of Police prosecutions of drivers caught drinking from cans and bottles on the move. How often do you see any cup holders on UK bikes and scooters, you don't.

As for a outright and unsolicited attack, that's only your view and like me you're just another rank and file member, so read my post again and I'm not attacking anyone, just cup holders.
Back to top Go down
PHXScooterBill
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
PHXScooterBill

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2011-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Mouned drink holder pic   Mouned drink holder pic I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 1:52 pm

When I bought my Silver Wing from the previous owner it already had the same cup holder mounted but to the lower left side.  To be honest, I almost never use it. I think my first week on the bike I kicked it by mistake and broke it. When I took it off, there were two prominent drill holes visible. I then ordered another one on ebay, mounted it, and only used it once to my recollection. With my left hand and stationary at a long enough red light I took a drink of coffee. But having it unfolded with the drink there got in the way of properly having my left leg to be back far enough to keep the bike up straight.
Personally I think that if it ever breaks again, I'll dismount it and figure out a way to fill in the drill holes with something black that blends in.
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Mouned drink holder pic   Mouned drink holder pic I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 2:13 pm

Well, I have an ashtray on my bike just in case i ever take up smoking.Laughing 
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

PostSubject: Re: Mouned drink holder pic   Mouned drink holder pic I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 6:12 am

Geeeze ol Limey, That IS NOT an ashtray. Its a portable loo, whatever you do don't mix the right with the left cos if you use the left you may get a shock from the lighter!
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Mouned drink holder pic   Mouned drink holder pic I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 7:25 am

Loo? Shocked  I thought you Aussies called it the dunny! Wink 
Back to top Go down
Nowun
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Nowun

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2012-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Mouned drink holder pic   Mouned drink holder pic I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 10:11 am

In England and Wales you would be liable for prosecution for not being in proper control of the vehicle, if you were drinking while driving, including being stationary at traffic lights. Same would apply to using the dunny, eating a sandwich and using a mobile (or cell) phone.

US laws must be different - as are their roads. Miles of straight highway with little traffic, compared to ours, rough twisty and clogged. I'd get more down me front than in my mouth.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

PostSubject: Re: Mouned drink holder pic   Mouned drink holder pic I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 11:28 am

Yeah Meldrew, we call it loo sometimes so the poms can relate to it. We also refer to it as the Thunderbox and on occasion the Shouse.
For example
The Aussies played shouse cricket while the poms used the wicket as a dunny.
OOPS this has become an "OFF" topic.
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Mouned drink holder pic   Mouned drink holder pic I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 2:47 pm

LVScooterBill wrote:
When I bought my Silver Wing from the previous owner it already had the same cup holder mounted but to the lower left side.  To be honest, I almost never use it. I think my first week on the bike I kicked it by mistake and broke it. When I took it off, there were two prominent drill holes visible. I then ordered another one on ebay, mounted it, and only used it once to my recollection. With my left hand and stationary at a long enough red light I took a drink of coffee. But having it unfolded with the drink there got in the way of properly having my left leg to be back far enough to keep the bike up straight.
Personally I think that if it ever breaks again, I'll dismount it and figure out a way to fill in the drill holes with something black that blends in.
As a carpenter i know there are small plastic caps available at hardware stores that are used to snap onto screw heads inside cabinets to hide the unsitely heads. These cap heads are very thin. I would think they would, with a little coaxing, cover your drill holes nicely. Im not sure if black is available but you could always paint them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mouned drink holder pic   Mouned drink holder pic I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mouned drink holder pic
Page 1 of 1