Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Drive belt prices
Oh ya !  Planes, Trains and automobiles NC Transportation museum  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Oh ya !  Planes, Trains and automobiles NC Transportation museum  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:12 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Oh ya !  Planes, Trains and automobiles NC Transportation museum  I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Oh ya !  Planes, Trains and automobiles NC Transportation museum  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Oh ya !  Planes, Trains and automobiles NC Transportation museum  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Oh ya !  Planes, Trains and automobiles NC Transportation museum  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Oh ya !  Planes, Trains and automobiles NC Transportation museum  I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Oh ya !  Planes, Trains and automobiles NC Transportation museum  I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Oh ya !  Planes, Trains and automobiles NC Transportation museum  I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Oh ya !  Planes, Trains and automobiles NC Transportation museum  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Oh ya ! Planes, Trains and automobiles NC Transportation museum

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Silverwing28681
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Silverwing28681

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2012-08-16

Oh ya !  Planes, Trains and automobiles NC Transportation museum  Empty
PostSubject: Oh ya ! Planes, Trains and automobiles NC Transportation museum    Oh ya !  Planes, Trains and automobiles NC Transportation museum  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 5:58 pm

Hi Everyone ! This weekend I took a short trip about 118 miles total to the NC Transportation museum in Spencer, NC, If you have never been then you should go if you are in the area, Cost is $6.00 to get in and another $6.00 to ride the train. The train ride is short ride where they talk about the History of area and buildings, Pretty cool. Inside the museum is a lot of Trains, and a number of old cars, a few airplanes and engines, Photos and old tools, Pull behind graders and much more,

You can see the turn table they used to turn the trains and send them in bays to be worked on, It is amazing that they did this from 1896 to 1960, worked and repaired trains,

I am going to include a few photos., If you want to see more click on the link to my photobucket album and see the rest !

Oh ya !  Planes, Trains and automobiles NC Transportation museum  96c3cb1e

Nothing like a Silverwing !!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh ya !  Planes, Trains and automobiles NC Transportation museum  Abb6d5dd

Oh ya !  Planes, Trains and automobiles NC Transportation museum  Cdc065e1

Oh ya !  Planes, Trains and automobiles NC Transportation museum  D0087d78
This is the turn table used to turn trains

Oh ya !  Planes, Trains and automobiles NC Transportation museum  D6f7147b
Bays the trains went in to be repaired

Oh ya !  Planes, Trains and automobiles NC Transportation museum  7f424c46

Just one of many trains

Oh ya !  Planes, Trains and automobiles NC Transportation museum  B05f361f

Look at the size of this building it was built in the early 1900s !

Oh ya !  Planes, Trains and automobiles NC Transportation museum  53393d71

A look at the outside of the same

Click on link to see more photos !
https://s1052.photobucket.com/albums/s458/Silverwing28681/NC%20Transportation%20museum/

Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3792
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Oh ya ! Planes, Trains and automobiles NC Transportation museum    Oh ya !  Planes, Trains and automobiles NC Transportation museum  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 9:20 am

Right up my street!
Thanks for the pictures. Smile
Back to top Go down
Silverwing28681
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Silverwing28681

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2012-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Oh ya ! Planes, Trains and automobiles NC Transportation museum    Oh ya !  Planes, Trains and automobiles NC Transportation museum  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 12:00 pm

Anytime Mike glad you enjoyed the photos!!
Back to top Go down
andyman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Oh ya ! Planes, Trains and automobiles NC Transportation museum    Oh ya !  Planes, Trains and automobiles NC Transportation museum  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:08 pm

I really need to go there and check it out. I see signs for it on I-85 when visiting family up around Greensboro. Thanks for the pics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh ya ! Planes, Trains and automobiles NC Transportation museum    Oh ya !  Planes, Trains and automobiles NC Transportation museum  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh ya ! Planes, Trains and automobiles NC Transportation museum
Page 1 of 1