Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum) I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum) I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum) I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum) I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum) I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum) I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum) I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum) I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum) I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum) I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
smorkle
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
smorkle

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-08-21

State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum) Empty
PostSubject: State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum)   State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 10:17 pm

Today I made a ride with a new bunch of friends. One of my regular group rode with us as we rode up to St Joseph, MO and toured the State Lunatic Asylum #2, now the Glore psychiatric museum.

The ride up was nice and our first stop was at Plattsburg, MO where we stopped for ice cream. The first few pics were taken there and we discovered this cool garage behind the gas station where the guy collected neon signs! He had quite the collection.

On to St Joe we went. Made it to the museum and saw a lot of interesting "therapy" devices. You'll just have to look through the pics. The museum also had some information about the pony express and a section about local American Indian tribes. There were even a couple of cars in the basement.

Ron suggested an alternate route to our lunch destination and we toured the St Joe Parkway which was an absolutely beautiful ride.

When we got to 45 highway and turned south, I looked north and could just barely see another group of motorcycles coming our way. Within a mile, 3 "Crotch Rocket's" passed us like we were standing still..... all doing wheelies at 90MPH we estimate. Ahhh to be young and indestructible again.

We made it down the road to the Lunch place, Pat's Steak house. One of our group ordered coffee and when she brought it to him she tottered and dropped the coffee in his lap.... he thought. It was a prop and apparently did this trick to many patrons who ordered coffee. We all got a good laugh out of it.

We made our way back down some back roads to KC that I had never been on before and a couple that I had been.

All in all it was nice to meet some new friends and have an interesting ride to an interesting destination.

State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum) 40756_439774694226_568009226_5381475_4742918_n

All ride photos can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=235829&id=568009226&l=7602c7b4ea
Back to top Go down
Hammy
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Hammy

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum)   State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 11:11 pm

That sounds really cool, even though I'm aware of what old-time psychiatry involved.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ezridersscooterclub.com
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum)   State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 7:04 am

Oh so you ride with Ron (Met him at HAMS). I'm guessing we will meet at HAMS in KC, 2011. Looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
smorkle
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
smorkle

PostSubject: Re: State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum)   State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 9:52 am

YES! Ron is my #1 guy. He's such a great guy to ride with because he knows the roads around here very well. He's also just an all around good guy. Wish I were more like him. I, too, will be at the HAMS4 rally next year. Ron was asking me yesterday to lead some rides. Hope to see you there.
Back to top Go down
Hammy
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Hammy

PostSubject: Re: State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum)   State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 9:54 am

What's HAMS and where's it done?
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum)   State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 10:03 am

Just wondering if this Asylum was ever on "TAPS - Ghost Hunters" TV program before?
Back to top Go down
smorkle
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
smorkle

PostSubject: Re: State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum)   State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 3:17 pm

Hammy: HAMS= Heart Of America Maxi Scooters. It's in Missouri and it moves from year to year between St Louis, Jefferson City/Columbia and Kansas City. Next year it will be in KC. The forum for the rally is here: http://hams4.freeforums.org/ but it's still WAY in the rough.

Dennis: Read all you want about the Glore museum here: http://www.stjosephmuseum.org/glore.php It doesn't seem like the kind of place ghost hunters would wanna go though.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum)   State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 3:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Hammy
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Hammy

PostSubject: Re: State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum)   State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 3:27 pm

Gracias.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum)   State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

State Lunatic Asylum #2 (Glore Museum)
Page 1 of 1