Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Changing rear brake pads I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 8:05 pm

» What were they thinking?
Changing rear brake pads I_icon_minitimeby cotetoi Yesterday at 7:49 pm

» Earth cable stress
Changing rear brake pads I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
Changing rear brake pads I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
Changing rear brake pads I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
Changing rear brake pads I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
Changing rear brake pads I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
Changing rear brake pads I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
Changing rear brake pads I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
Changing rear brake pads I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Changing rear brake pads

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Changing rear brake pads Empty
PostSubject: Changing rear brake pads   Changing rear brake pads I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 10:31 pm

I need to change my rear brake pads and saw a comment somewhere about a screw that is related to the parking brake. Have not changed before and not sure if you need to do anything but replace pads and re-install. Any help here will be appreciated.

Also, I have read some of your comments about changing the drive belt yourselves. What type of tools do you need to change the belt? I have many tools but nothing to conpress the spring if needed. I am going on 32,000 miles with the original belt, no problems other than a possible rubbing sound that, after reading comments on sliders, maybe they are making the sound. I have been doing some traveling at 75 mph (rpm @5700) for couple hours at a time and am wondering if that speed/heat has worn them faster.
Is the engine able to handle the high rpms?
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Changing rear brake pads   Changing rear brake pads I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 1:16 am

SilverBug wrote:
I need to change my rear brake pads and saw a comment somewhere about a screw that is related to the parking brake. Have not changed before and not sure if you need to do anything but replace pads and re-install. Any help here will be appreciated.

https://www.silverwing600.com/t862-rear-wheel-brake-pad-replacement-instructions#7026

SilverBug wrote:
Also, I have read some of your comments about changing the drive belt yourselves. What type of tools do you need to change the belt? I have many tools but nothing to conpress the spring if needed.

https://www.silverwing600.com/t23-variator-and-belt-pictorial?highlight=belt+pictorial#49

Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Changing rear brake pads   Changing rear brake pads I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 2:03 pm

What do clutch springs have to do with rear brake pads???? alien beamed up
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Changing rear brake pads   Changing rear brake pads I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 2:18 pm

joncallihan wrote:
What do clutch springs have to do with rear brake pads???? alien beamed up

Right - where do I start!!!

The knee bone's connected to the leg bone!

The leg bone's connected to - Ahhh you get the point!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Changing rear brake pads   Changing rear brake pads I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 3:56 pm

Let'd see... We covered the brake pad and belt replacement, the explanation of the clutch assembly and the RPM question. "the screw related to the Parking brake..." is the Parking brake adjustment screw covered here.

https://www.silverwing600.com/t2677-parking-brake-not-working?highlight=parking+brake+adjustment
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Changing rear brake pads   Changing rear brake pads I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:26 pm

Thanks for all your comments.
Pictures are worth a thousand words for changing belt.

Does anyone out there have pictures for changing the sliders? I am guessing now they are on the clutch side and what would be the tool to use to retract and hold the spring while changing the clutch parts?

Brakes:
I sound like all you need to do is remove the brake pin and that is it. No need to remove the whole brake unit, and that is the same for both rear brakes?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changing rear brake pads   Changing rear brake pads I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Changing rear brake pads
Page 1 of 1