Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
120 mile ride today I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Today at 1:55 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
120 mile ride today I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
120 mile ride today I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
120 mile ride today I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
120 mile ride today I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
120 mile ride today I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» I said Farewell...
120 mile ride today I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
120 mile ride today I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
120 mile ride today I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
120 mile ride today I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

120 mile ride today

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

120 mile ride today Empty
PostSubject: 120 mile ride today   120 mile ride today I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 7:52 pm

Hi,

I went on a 120 mile ride today to a new store in Manteca, California. I think it is called Bass Outdoor Store. It is a huge store with hunting, fishing, camping, fishing, water sports, and clothing sections. I bought a comfortable pair of insulated gloves that work great. They have thin rubber pads that really grip the throttle.

I started out going about 20 miles on 2 lane winding roads only going about 45-50. So that was a nice and easy part of the ride. The last 40 miles is interstate going about 70-75 indicated. The SWing was so smooth and comfortable, although it got a little chilly going there. I was in fleeced lined jeans and a warm riding jacket but my fingers got a bit cold, which is why I bought those gloves. The store is huge and it is a chain store so I'm sure some of you have been to them. But this is the first one in the area.

On the way back I gassed up and then headed back home. After about 10 miles on the interstate a Harley merged on and before you know it he had to gas it and pass me close so I thought he wanted to show how tough he was. So I cranked it up and kept up with him and then passed him when I had a chance. I got up to 108 mph indicated which turned out to be 99.7 mph on my gps. I usually don't do this but he seemed to have an attitude so I decided to have some fun. We did this for about 20 miles or so and we finally just slowed down to about 80 indicated.

When I was going fast I was so surprised about how smooth the SWing was. It was like I was moving along on ice. I was really surprised on smooth it was. I also think that the Givi had something to do with it. When I would do this with the Clearview it would flex so bad it was like I didn't even have a windshield. So the Givi really kept the wind off of me that I don't think I felt any wind whatsoever on my head.

So that was a nice ride today. The weather's high point was only 50 degrees but the SWing does a great job with protecting us from the weather. It felt good to go out for a ride, even though it wasn't the longest ride. But it was really a very relaxing ride today. Hope others got to ride today, and for the ones who aren't able, I hope you can get on real soon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
DenGraham
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DenGraham

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-12-23

120 mile ride today Empty
PostSubject: Re: 120 mile ride today   120 mile ride today I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 1:25 am

Jeff,
It is going to be in the mid 60's here tomorrow. I am going to fire up the 06 and go a ride with my DW. We just moved from Chico (not Chino) CA this past year to Tennessee. I can't belive it is warmer here then in CA..too funny. Anyway, this will not last so I am going to gather some views. Thanks for your post.
Back to top Go down

120 mile ride today
Page 1 of 1