Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Getting SW ready for winter storage I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 10:31 am

» New to Me Swing
Getting SW ready for winter storage I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Getting SW ready for winter storage I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Getting SW ready for winter storage I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Getting SW ready for winter storage I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Getting SW ready for winter storage I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Getting SW ready for winter storage I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Getting SW ready for winter storage I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Getting SW ready for winter storage I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Getting SW ready for winter storage I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Getting SW ready for winter storage

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Getting SW ready for winter storage Empty
PostSubject: Getting SW ready for winter storage   Getting SW ready for winter storage I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 9:40 am

I will be getting my SW ready for winter soon. What recommendations should I follow to prep my SW for short term storage? I will ride as long as the snow stays away. But that doesn't last forever. swing
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Getting SW ready for winter storage   Getting SW ready for winter storage I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 10:40 am

Put it on the center stand hook it up to a trickle charger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting SW ready for winter storage   Getting SW ready for winter storage I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 12:19 pm

Thank you.
Should I add anything to the fuel like Marvel Oil?
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Getting SW ready for winter storage   Getting SW ready for winter storage I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 3:27 pm

Dupe Winger wrote:
Thank you.
Should I add anything to the fuel like Marvel Oil?
Not necessary.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting SW ready for winter storage   Getting SW ready for winter storage I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 5:57 pm

I fill the gas tank up and add Seafoam then run it for five minutes or so to get into the system. Also an oil change is a good idea before winter storage. I'll also pull the battery out and bring it inside and put it on a battery tender. It gets mighty cold up here during the winter. And too long.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting SW ready for winter storage   Getting SW ready for winter storage I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 7:23 pm

I do the following:
1. Wash and clean
2. Change the oil
3. Add stabilize in freash fuel, make sure the tank is full to avoid tank corrosion
4. Connect a trickle charger to the battery
5. Cover it and put a cardboard under
6. Close all the openings to avoid rodents crawling in (exhaust pipe, air intake)
7. Optional. Stabilize could also be sprayed into spark plug openings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting SW ready for winter storage   Getting SW ready for winter storage I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 8:23 am

I add stabilizer to a full tank and run it about 5 minutes to make sure it is fully mixed with the fuel. I also remove the battery and put it on a Battery tender inside the house. Then I stuff a rag into the exhaust pipe to avoid finding a chipmunk nest in the spring. Finally I just put a motorcycle cover over it and then dream about the coming Spring. I don't know where Avon, OH is, but if you have to leave the bike stored for more than 8 weeks or so for the winter, you risk the fuel going bad and giving you trouble next Spring if you don't use something to stabilize the fuel. I've never used SeaFoam but have used Stabil for the last 15 years or so with no trouble whatsoever when starting up the bike after 3 to 4 months of inactivity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting SW ready for winter storage   Getting SW ready for winter storage I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting SW ready for winter storage
Page 1 of 1