Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 2:49 am

» New to Me Swing
Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Tee Shirts

Go down 
+10
oldwingguy
Meldrew
Cosmic_Jumper
exavid
gary c
Art
MikeO
Old Limey
PeterC
Tommo
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Tommo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tommo

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2015-10-01

Tee Shirts Empty
PostSubject: Tee Shirts   Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 4:04 am

https://teespring.com/drt678
think I should order one :lol!:
Back to top Go down
PeterC
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
PeterC

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2015-11-16

Tee Shirts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tee Shirts   Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 4:12 am

I think we should ALL order one!! A special run for the SWingers Chapter?? LOL
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Tee Shirts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tee Shirts   Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 9:47 am

There are some similar tee shirts on EBay. One says" Sons of Arthritis-Ibruprophen chapter."
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Tee Shirts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tee Shirts   Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 10:25 am

I've got one of those as well as a few others.
Good-quality T-shirts.
Back to top Go down
Art
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2015-12-25

Tee Shirts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tee Shirts   Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 10:59 pm

Old Limey wrote:
There are some similar tee shirts on EBay. One says" Sons of Arthritis-Ibruprophen chapter."
I saw that on a guy at my store recently, loved it, might order one
Back to top Go down
gary c
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2015-09-21

Tee Shirts Empty
PostSubject: t shirt   Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 5:42 am

too good to pass up- mines on its way
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Tee Shirts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tee Shirts   Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 3:51 pm

Nah, that Harley is a deal breaker.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Tee Shirts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tee Shirts   Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 5:52 pm

I'm with Paul W on this. I'll pass.

Perhaps someone creative here on the forum could come up with a more Silverwing, or scooter-appropriate T-shirt design. I like the 'Old Coots on Scoots' theme though.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4177
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Tee Shirts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tee Shirts   Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 5:48 am

Why do you need a T-shirt to shout out and proclaim that you're an old git, or ride a Silver Wing? They can see you're an old git just by looking at you, and I doubt if anyone cares what scooter you ride or if it's a Silver Wing. It's bad enough seeing mature riders here dressed in top to toe Harley Davidson branded clothing, letting everyone know by all the black leather, logos, flames, eagles, US flags, that they're HD owners. ( or in The Village People! Smile )

It's all rather silly, like that post on here a few years when someone was very proud he had a sticker on his Silver Wing saying 'I Ride In The Rain'. Rolling Eyes Smile
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Tee Shirts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tee Shirts   Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 9:25 am

I think they call it having fun Wink I know our local chapter thought it was anyhow. It's not something we would wear everywhere OR to make anyone think it was anything but fun. Honda only wishes it could have a branding developed like HD has, thinking how much all the peripherals add to their and the dealers bottom line. Over the last 30+ years of riding we have collected more than our share of rally and other event shirts, 99.9% of which are stored away probably to be tossed out or whatever by our kids.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Tee Shirts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tee Shirts   Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 10:29 am

I've got my share of T-shirts from rallies, rock concerts, craft breweries, etc; that I've collected over the years. I've another half a dozen from the Pike Brewing Company in Seattle alone. They're fine for slobbing about at home and casual wear but I very rarely wear them for riding. As my collection ages, fades,  shrinks, and loses favour they generally end up as cleaning and polishing rags and I've binned them.

That's about all cotton T-shirt are good for, casual wear. Under a textile or leather jacket they absorb perspiration when you're hot, and feel clammy and cold when you cool down. That's irrespective of the funny message or fancy design printed on on them. Out on tour they not that easy to wash and dry in a hotel room unless there's a radiator kicking out some heat.

When you and other old blokes may think your 'Sons Of Incontinence'  T shirt are cool and fun, and you're growing old disgracefully, to the younger generation you probably come across as a bunch of desperate old scrotes.

Last edited by Meldrew on Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

Tee Shirts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tee Shirts   Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 11:19 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:

Perhaps someone creative here on the forum could come up with a more Silverwing, or scooter-appropriate T-shirt design.
Tim

Well, if you must!
http://www.cafepress.co.uk/mf/19383883/just-gotta-scoot-silverwing_tshirt?utm_medium=cpc,cpc&utm_term=t-shirts,131758540--c-1006892&utm_source=google,pla-google&utm_campaign=cpc-product-ads-uk,225192150&utm_content=131758540,18862269390&productId=131758540
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Tee Shirts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tee Shirts   Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 12:10 pm

When you and other old blokes may think your 'Sons Of Incontinence' T shirt are cool and fun, and you're growing old disgracefully, to the younger generation you probably come across as a bunch of desperate old scrotes.>>>>>>>>>>>>

when one stops having fun one is old and I'm to the corner of don't really care and could care less street Thinking if I wore something else, say a suit like I did most of the time back when would that really make me a different person now? I see people I know dressed to the 9's I wouldn't trust to walk my dog let alone associate with it. In any case marching to the wrong beat never had a appeal to me, crazy pants and a bazillion pins and patches never made the grade either but I never condemned those that did.
Back to top Go down
Art
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2015-12-25

Tee Shirts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tee Shirts   Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 12:11 pm

well I guess I'm just an old scrote then, because I wear my 'Dragon' and 'Twisted sisters' tees all over the place
as far as cotton being worthless for all but polishing rags, the day they design a type of polyester that isn't hot, itchy, and smells in the pits even after a wash I might consider it
Cotton is more comfortable
Wool especially marino, is supposed to be better yet, but no source within 50 miles of me, and I don't buy clothes over the net without a test fit
Of course, I live in the south of the US, where you can wash your clothes in the bathtub, put em on wet, and ride them dry in an hour Laughing
Back to top Go down
DerrillW
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DerrillW

Registration date : 2013-09-28

Tee Shirts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tee Shirts   Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 3:22 pm

I'm not old but I think Mildrew is. :lol!:
Back to top Go down
Tommo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tommo

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2015-10-01

Tee Shirts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tee Shirts   Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 3:27 pm

DerrillW wrote:

He's going to tell you off now for spelling his name wrong :lol!:
My Tee Shirts on order. bounce
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Tee Shirts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tee Shirts   Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 5:30 pm

DerrillW wrote:

Of course you're old mate, stop kidding yourself. At 71 you're way older than me and too old to qualify as being one of the Baby Boomer Generation.

Maybe you should get that printed on a T shirt.

As for this Mildrew, Mildew etc. Sleep
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Tee Shirts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tee Shirts   Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 7:09 pm

DerrillW, you are indeed old though a bit younger than me. That doesn't mean much, I can ride and shoot better than a lot of these young sprats. After all it's only the lucky ones who get to be old.

Your avatar looks quite a bit like Meldrew's old one so if he's younger than you he isn't holding up well.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Tee Shirts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tee Shirts   Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 7:50 pm

exavid wrote:
DerrillW, you are indeed old though a bit younger than me. That doesn't mean much, I can ride and shoot better than a lot of these young sprats.

'Ride and shoot'? Ride and shoot what exactly? scratch
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Tee Shirts Empty
PostSubject: All right, all ready.   Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 10:32 pm

Question  So everyone knows I love my scooter and I am old.
But in much better health and shape than most younger than I.

Yesterday I rode with my buddy that has (800,000) miles on his fifth G/W and he made me feel so secure because he is a retired fire man and a GREAT rider.
So why do I need this shirt again?

Love the shirt but in my mind, I know I love my scooter and my S/T 1100. each one has its place. :lol!:
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Tee Shirts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tee Shirts   Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 12:44 am

[quote=
'Ride and shoot'?  Ride and shoot what exactly?  [/quote]

Ride the ladies and shoot through.

That's why we refer to Seppos as Wombats.

Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Tee Shirts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tee Shirts   Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 3:36 am

If confused by the word Seppo as used by my learned friend in Western Australia, a quick reference to the Urban Dictionary at www.urbandictionary.com will educate and enlighten you.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Tee Shirts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tee Shirts   Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 8:51 am

I looked in that dictionary and conclude it's a slanarizer dickionary Laughing
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Tee Shirts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tee Shirts   Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 2:08 pm

Ride and shoot, as in old Western movies. In the late 60's at the Kotzebue, AK FAA station we had a problem with rabid foxes coming into our housing area. The best cure was to shoot them and send the heads in to the University of Fairbanks for testing. Usually when those animals came into our area and tried to attack people or dogs they were rabid.
One of the best ways to eradicate them was to chase them down with a snowgo (southerners call them snowmobiles) and shoot them. The throttle on a snogo is on the right handlebar. Southpaws like me don't have to let got of the throttle to draw and shoot a handgun. Makes it much easier bag a fox that way, no need to stop pull a rifle out of a scabbard and try to get a shot at a rapidly disappearing fox. I could pull alongside the critter and do the job at short range.
Back to top Go down
PeterC
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
PeterC

Registration date : 2015-11-16

Tee Shirts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tee Shirts   Tee Shirts I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 3:39 pm

KurtPerthWA wrote:
[quote=
'Ride and shoot'?  Ride and shoot what exactly?  

Ride the ladies and shoot through.

That's why we refer to Seppos as Wombats.

[/quote]

Hehehe   I saw a vehicle 2 days back with personalised rego plates as 'POMBAT'.  I confirmed with the owner that he was English born.  To those less knowing of Oz slang a 'Pom'* is someone from England.  In the context of the urban dictionary definition I thought the bloke did well to have laugh at himself but also elevate his 'stud status' as well!  And that's what the t-short thing is all about Meldrew, just having a laugh at yourself.  I got myself a t-shirt a coupla months back that shouts out 'WARNING   Grumpy in 3...2...1' . Everyone who's seen it thinks it's very appropriate (for me).

*Pom is thought to be derived from POME = Prisoner Of Mother-England.  Most often used in the phrase 'ya Pommie B@st@rd' during cricket matches with that mob Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tee Shirts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tee Shirts   Tee Shirts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tee Shirts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: