Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Mounting Givi Monolock Topbox Using The Universal Mount I_icon_minitimeby landisr Today at 9:15 pm

» Drive belt prices
Mounting Givi Monolock Topbox Using The Universal Mount I_icon_minitimeby landisr Today at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Mounting Givi Monolock Topbox Using The Universal Mount I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Mounting Givi Monolock Topbox Using The Universal Mount I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
Mounting Givi Monolock Topbox Using The Universal Mount I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Mounting Givi Monolock Topbox Using The Universal Mount I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Mounting Givi Monolock Topbox Using The Universal Mount I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Mounting Givi Monolock Topbox Using The Universal Mount I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Mounting Givi Monolock Topbox Using The Universal Mount I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Mounting Givi Monolock Topbox Using The Universal Mount I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Mounting Givi Monolock Topbox Using The Universal Mount

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hankster
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2015-11-14

Mounting Givi Monolock Topbox Using The Universal Mount Empty
PostSubject: Mounting Givi Monolock Topbox Using The Universal Mount   Mounting Givi Monolock Topbox Using The Universal Mount I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 10:38 am

I have a Givi Monolock B47NTML Blade Tech top box from my old scooter that I wanted to mount on the Swing but didn't want to pop for the cost of the Swing specific mount. After looking over the universal mount that is included with monolock boxes I decided to see if I could get it to work.

The only mod I did to the mount was to cut away a little plastic in the center so it would sit closer to the front of the spoiler. In hindsight I'm not sure yet if this was a good idea as it now sits close enough to the pillion to be a back rest. Just have to wait and see if that will be uncomfortable for my rider leaning against the case without a pad. In any case I'm sure something can be rigged up to give a little padding if needed.

I only used 3 screws to hold the mount on the spoiler. I just drilled holes where the two rear outside lugs are molded into the spoiler for the rear screws. I then eyeballed the front center screw to a place that I thought would be as far forward as I could go. I may change the front screw to a shorter one as the length does tend to bow the bottom cover of the spoiler a bit. You can see the pic for the bolt locations.

Overall an easy install and it is very sturdy. Just hope this helps someone else if they are trying to decide to use the universal mount of buy the custom Givi mount.

Mounting Givi Monolock Topbox Using The Universal Mount 23821049126_dfcac5b992_c

Mounting Givi Monolock Topbox Using The Universal Mount 23479224489_8029ae1202_c

Mounting Givi Monolock Topbox Using The Universal Mount 23219008064_ff90fca9f9_b

Mounting Givi Monolock Topbox Using The Universal Mount 23764657491_841ce26d4f_b

Last edited by hankster on Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gustafa
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Gustafa

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2015-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Givi Monolock Topbox Using The Universal Mount   Mounting Givi Monolock Topbox Using The Universal Mount I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 10:57 am

Nice job! She looks great!
Back to top Go down
hankster
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2015-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Givi Monolock Topbox Using The Universal Mount   Mounting Givi Monolock Topbox Using The Universal Mount I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 9:41 am

Redid the photos for those that couldn't see them.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mounting Givi Monolock Topbox Using The Universal Mount 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Givi Monolock Topbox Using The Universal Mount   Mounting Givi Monolock Topbox Using The Universal Mount I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 1:09 pm

Gustafa wrote:
Nice job! She looks great!

+1
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Givi Monolock Topbox Using The Universal Mount   Mounting Givi Monolock Topbox Using The Universal Mount I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 9:01 pm

Looks great !!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Givi Monolock Topbox Using The Universal Mount   Mounting Givi Monolock Topbox Using The Universal Mount I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mounting Givi Monolock Topbox Using The Universal Mount
Page 1 of 1