Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Not sure if bike is charging battery on the go.  I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:47 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to progreso, and could use some advice
Not sure if bike is charging battery on the go.  I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» LF extended back rest
Not sure if bike is charging battery on the go.  I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Not sure if bike is charging battery on the go.  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Not sure if bike is charging battery on the go.  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Not sure if bike is charging battery on the go.  I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Not sure if bike is charging battery on the go.  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Not sure if bike is charging battery on the go.  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 pm

» I said Farewell...
Not sure if bike is charging battery on the go.  I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Not sure if bike is charging battery on the go.  I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Not sure if bike is charging battery on the go.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jd70
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
jd70

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2013-09-02

Not sure if bike is charging battery on the go.  Empty
PostSubject: Not sure if bike is charging battery on the go.    Not sure if bike is charging battery on the go.  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 1:24 pm

2008 600. Not sure if bike is charging battery on the go.
Is there a fuse for this. New battery in about year ago and does not seem to be holding charge.
Is there a fuse chart.
Back to top Go down
NWSSC
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
NWSSC

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-03-03

Not sure if bike is charging battery on the go.  Empty
PostSubject: Not sure if bike is charging battery on the go.   Not sure if bike is charging battery on the go.  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Simply put, you need to check the voltage that the alternator is charging. Install your meter (or borrow one) on the battery and see if you have about 14.+ volts at about 2500-3000 rpm.You need this much voltage to have a decent amount of amps going to the battery. Next simplest item would to see if you have a draw on the battery. Next you should take the battery to a scooter or motorcycle repair shop and have them do a brake down test on the battery to see if it has the capacity to hold a charge. Let us know so we all can help. Howard
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestsuburbanscooterclub.com/

Not sure if bike is charging battery on the go.
Page 1 of 1