Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Silver Wing for sale - UK
laid my bike lightly on it's side today I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 5:15 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
laid my bike lightly on it's side today I_icon_minitimeby ButlerZoie Today at 4:21 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
laid my bike lightly on it's side today I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:47 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to progreso, and could use some advice
laid my bike lightly on it's side today I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» LF extended back rest
laid my bike lightly on it's side today I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
laid my bike lightly on it's side today I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
laid my bike lightly on it's side today I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
laid my bike lightly on it's side today I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
laid my bike lightly on it's side today I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
laid my bike lightly on it's side today I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

laid my bike lightly on it's side today

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

laid my bike lightly on it's side today Empty
PostSubject: laid my bike lightly on it's side today   laid my bike lightly on it's side today I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 1:39 pm

My wife decided to hop on my bike without warning then low and behold landed lightly on it's side with screaching tires ,the engine didnt turn off until i flipped the switch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: laid my bike lightly on it's side today   laid my bike lightly on it's side today I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 2:08 pm

Sorry to heat that. I hope everyone is OK.
Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: laid my bike lightly on it's side today   laid my bike lightly on it's side today I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 2:57 pm

Time for the MSF basic rider's course?
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: laid my bike lightly on it's side today   laid my bike lightly on it's side today I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:10 pm

tankyuong wrote:
My wife decided to hop on my bike without warning then low and behold landed lightly on it's side with screaching tires ,the engine didnt turn off until i flipped the switch.

It helps to have a consistent procedure/process for mounting and unmounting ( http://silverwing.org/cgi-bin/topic_show.pl?pid=15403#pid15403 ).
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: laid my bike lightly on it's side today   laid my bike lightly on it's side today I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 8:08 pm

Find out why it didn't turn off! That could be dangerous.
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: laid my bike lightly on it's side today   laid my bike lightly on it's side today I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:29 pm

When I read Tanks' comment about the bike not shutting off, I went back and reread the Bank angle sensor section in the handbook:

Your scooter’s banking (lean angle) sensor system is designed to automatically stop the engine and fuel pump if the scooter is overturned. Before restarting the engine, you must turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and then back to ON. The engine will not restart until you perform this procedure.
I don't know what they mean by overturned but it must be dam near 90 degrees!

I remember the couple of times I went over (0 mph) My right hand did twist the throttle but I was able to flick the red engine stop button with my thumb. I had to "reset" the system when we got it back uo on the stand.

Glad your are ok Tank. We need to train our passengers on what to do and not to do. I instructed my wife and my nephews that I will tell them "ready" when the bike is set for mount and dismount. Then they can safely get on/off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: laid my bike lightly on it's side today   laid my bike lightly on it's side today I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

laid my bike lightly on it's side today
Page 1 of 1