Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Rode my first Non-CVT bike today I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Rode my first Non-CVT bike today I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Rode my first Non-CVT bike today I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Rode my first Non-CVT bike today I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Rode my first Non-CVT bike today I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Rode my first Non-CVT bike today I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Rode my first Non-CVT bike today I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Rode my first Non-CVT bike today I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Rode my first Non-CVT bike today I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Rode my first Non-CVT bike today I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Rode my first Non-CVT bike today

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ronjr009
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ronjr009

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Rode my first Non-CVT bike today Empty
PostSubject: Rode my first Non-CVT bike today   Rode my first Non-CVT bike today I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 2:35 pm

The guy who does my tires and major work is a good friend of mine. I've been telling him I'd like to learn to ride a bike that I can shift. He got ahold of a 250 dirtbike and gave me a call. So off to the shop I went. After going over the basics and getting used to the shift pattern and so forth, I made a couple of laps around his farm. Then he got really tough. He said I had to start in first at the bottom of a hill and shift 2 times going up the hill getting the bike into 3rd. Whew! Oh.... and to make matters worse, we had wet grass so it was a bit slick. After a few clutch coordination probs and a couple of stalls. I finally got the hang of it. I still wasn't perfect at it but I got the basics down. Just have to get a little better at coordinating the clutch with the throttle. I did the hill thing at least 25 times. I managed to pull a couple of wheelies (not by design of course) in the process as well. Right fun if I do say so myself. He said if I could handle the hill, I'd have no problem with a streetbike on the asphalt. Maybe I'm ready for an NT 700. While i like the NT, I don't think I can carry as much stuff as the Swing so I probably am not in the market for one anyhow. Maybe in the future though. It sure was fun to get a chance to shift and go through the gears.
Back to top Go down
Hammy
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Hammy

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Rode my first Non-CVT bike today   Rode my first Non-CVT bike today I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 3:03 pm

Good one! All I ever managed to do was stall out. And that was only going through first to 2nd! Yeah... gave up trying after that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ezridersscooterclub.com
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Rode my first Non-CVT bike today   Rode my first Non-CVT bike today I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 6:19 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ronjr009
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ronjr009

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Rode my first Non-CVT bike today   Rode my first Non-CVT bike today I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 6:39 pm

Yes, I see those all over the place. I do like the ST 1300. You hit the nail on the head with cost though. The Sport touring machines carry a hefty price tag. I'll tell you one that catches my interest that has great power and great mileage and isn't terribly expensive compared to the other Sport tourers is the BMW F800 ST (Sport Tourer) It is a middle weight but makes 85 horspower and is a good bit ahead of both the Mana and the NT 700 in performance AND mileage. But the NT 700 is a little more touring oriented and provides better protection from the elements and wins in the comfort catergory. If I could only combine the all the things I like from each of these bikes, I could make the perfect machine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rode my first Non-CVT bike today   Rode my first Non-CVT bike today I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rode my first Non-CVT bike today
Page 1 of 1