Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Drive belt prices
best mesh jacket for summer  I_icon_minitimeby landisr Today at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
best mesh jacket for summer  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
best mesh jacket for summer  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
best mesh jacket for summer  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
best mesh jacket for summer  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
best mesh jacket for summer  I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
best mesh jacket for summer  I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
best mesh jacket for summer  I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
best mesh jacket for summer  I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
best mesh jacket for summer  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

best mesh jacket for summer

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gremlin
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
gremlin

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2015-04-09

best mesh jacket for summer  Empty
PostSubject: best mesh jacket for summer    best mesh jacket for summer  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 12:20 am

Hi, in previous posts members have recommended the Firstgear mesh tex jacket as the best for riding in hot weather.sunny I am looking at importing one from US, as the price in Australia is more than double ( inclusive freight ).
I have noticed that they have changed the style in recent years with the older type ( black collar, black bar on sleeve ) made in Vietnam and the new style ( short collar in jacket color ) made in China. Has anyone bought the new style one and if so, can they recommend it? Or should I buy a new one of the older style. I can't see anything on the market that quite compares with it. I am quite happy to buy this as a summer jacket and wear leather in the cooler season; so I am not looking for a water proof or an all season model; I just don't want to ride in a t-shirt only🇳🇴
Back to top Go down
FLY_DMy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
FLY_DMy

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2015-09-14

PostSubject: Re: best mesh jacket for summer    best mesh jacket for summer  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 12:43 pm

No... have no practical experience with it, but there is a new one in Silver Wing "Silver"  ...pretty impressive, could wear spring, summer, fall, with zip out liner on RevZilla.com (cant send a link, cause apparently I am still cited as a Rookie) but google "firstgear-mesh-tex-jacket" nice feature video!
Back to top Go down
http://356-porsche.com
bicyclenut
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bicyclenut

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2015-09-04

PostSubject: Re: best mesh jacket for summer    best mesh jacket for summer  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 3:32 pm

I've been pretty happy with the Viking Warlock Mesh Jacket I bought for just under $80 shipped.  Been riding with it in 90 degree weather and I do sweat a bit with it on, it feels pretty cool and comfortable when moving.  Lots of pockets, CE armor and a removable liner I've used on some 50 degree mornings.  I like the Hi-Vis Yellow and for the price it was a great buy.

Viking Mess Jacket on Amazon
Back to top Go down
http://www.MarkNovackPhotography.com
ericclapham
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ericclapham

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2014-01-30

PostSubject: Re: best mesh jacket for summer    best mesh jacket for summer  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 10:52 pm

Hi Gremlin, I have been more than happy with a summer mesh jacket I bought from Wicked Gear in Oz. It has CE armour (removable for washing the jacket) and a zip-out thermal lining. Their web site shows about 4 styles for around the AUD120.00 mark. Very prompt service too.
Back to top Go down
gremlin
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
gremlin

PostSubject: Re: best mesh jacket for summer    best mesh jacket for summer  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 12:06 am

ericclapham wrote:
Hi Gremlin, I have been more than happy with a summer mesh jacket I bought from Wicked Gear in Oz. It has CE armour (removable for washing the jacket) and a zip-out thermal lining. Their web site shows about 4 styles for around the AUD120.00 mark. Very prompt service too.

Thanks mate, I value a recommendation from a fellow Australian. I know too well what the summers are like in SA; I used to be a frequent visitor to the Barossa and Clare Valley on our wine buying tours. I have just ordered one from Wicked Gear for Aus $ 103.00 and free delivery. The quality seems good enough! I think apart from the BMW jackets they are nearly all made in China or surrounding countries now. I am well aware that this will not give me the full protection of a good quality leather jacket, but for me it is this or a t-shirt in temperatures above 30 C. I do not cope with the heat too well anymore. In many ways when you are on two wheels you are already putting your self at risk; but I am rather out there cruising than sit at home in safety!
Back to top Go down
gremlin
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
gremlin

PostSubject: Re: best mesh jacket for summer    best mesh jacket for summer  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 12:51 am

FLY_DMy wrote:
No... have no practical experience with it, but there is a new one in Silver Wing "Silver"  ...pretty impressive, could wear spring, summer, fall, with zip out liner on RevZilla.com (cant send a link, cause apparently I am still cited as a Rookie) but google "firstgear-mesh-tex-jacket" nice feature video!

Thanks for the tip, the Firstgear mesh tex in silver would have been my first choice and they are priced well. Even with postage it would have been worth it for me. The problem with motorcycle jackets is that every manufacturer has got different sizing charts and some of them are ridiculous. The Firstgear jacket in large is for a chest size of 42-44, the Xelement jacket in large is 50. So you really don't know what you get; you only have to read some of the reviews. Buying from the US is generally good value and excellent service but returns to US are not economical, because our postal system has become one of the most expensive globally. I do appreciate the help, I buy from the US alot and have made lots of friends from over there over the decades. Smile
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: best mesh jacket for summer    best mesh jacket for summer  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 1:06 am

I've had a couple of First Gear mesh jackets over the past ten years or so. One thing I like in real hot weather is to wear my water soaked vest under the jacket. Ordinarily in 100F+ weather the vest will dry out in half an hour losing its cool so to speak. Worn under the mesh it lasts over an hour before drying out.
One thing about mesh, it's actually cooler to me than wearing a polo shirt. It shades one but still lets the wind blow through. This summer on a 109F day I was wearing the jacket and felt pretty comfortable until I got stopped behind an accident on the road. Man, was it hot when not moving.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: best mesh jacket for summer    best mesh jacket for summer  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

best mesh jacket for summer
Page 1 of 1