Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Type of helmet used I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Type of helmet used I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Type of helmet used I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Type of helmet used I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Type of helmet used I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Type of helmet used I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Type of helmet used I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Type of helmet used I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Type of helmet used I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Type of helmet used I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Type of helmet used

Go down 
+2
gremlin
NWSSC
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NWSSC
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
NWSSC

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-03-03

Type of helmet used Empty
PostSubject: Type of helmet used   Type of helmet used I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 4:42 pm

I have been wondering about the preference in helmets. I just replaced my 6 year old Nolan with another Nolan,this one is a N-91
My first Nolan had some paint problems but over all service was good.I prefer the flip-up design for the ease of fresh air.The N-91
also has a additional feature,a built in flip-up sun screen.The main feature I originally liked about the Nolan was the release mechanism for the chin strap.All my helmets have been white for visibility. What is your preference? Howard
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestsuburbanscooterclub.com/
gremlin
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
gremlin

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2015-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Type of helmet used   Type of helmet used I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 5:05 pm

I agree with your choice of helmet. I am also using a Nolan, the N102 flip-up. So much easier to put on and take off and just as comfortable as the Shoei multitec which is more than twice the price.
Back to top Go down
Tourezrick
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2014-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Type of helmet used   Type of helmet used I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 8:22 pm

Shoei Quest full face w/public anti fog insert.

Bought my first Bell Star when I started racing sports cars in 1973. Before that, I wore a no name 3/4 painted green metal flake, same as my Honda CB77 Super Hawk. I caught my fair share of horse flies and June Bugs with that open face, so, full face felt like a gift from above. Still have a 3/4 for my pillion.

ATGATT!
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3794
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Type of helmet used   Type of helmet used I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 4:23 am

My first was a Paddy Hopkirk open-face helmet which I wore on my Honda Express moped.
I bought an AGV X3000 full-face helmet when I took over driving our dragster. That was a state-of-the-art helmet.
When I bought my X9 I had a Roof flip-front helmet. I fell out of love with it and bought a Caberg flip-front - creeky but very comfortable.

I moved on to Nolans; first a flip-front (can't remember the number), then an N-43 and now an N-44, all excellent for me and my shape of head. The removable chin-piece has proved very useful, especially when travelling to and from the continent, saving me having to take off the whole helmet when passing through passport-controls.
I have a Nolan open-face helmet which I no longer wear.
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Type of helmet used   Type of helmet used I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 6:29 am

My wife and I wear silver Scorpion EXO-100's on the hotter days. We like the comfort and the ability to be able too talk to each other due to the open face. We like the option of the flip down sunshade.
On the cooler days I wear a black G-MAX 54S. It is a modular flip front helmet also with the flip down sunshade. It also has a built in LED light that has 5 modes of flashing, one mode is a wireless brake light that has a sending unit hard wired into the bike (on my Bandit not the SWing).
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Type of helmet used   Type of helmet used I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 12:33 pm

I can honestly say a lot of helmets I've owned have been less than perfect whatever type I've had. Brands like Nolan, Griffin, Kangol, Nava, BMW, Shoei, Kiwi, Shark, Baehr, and Schuberth have all been flawed, whether it's comfort, ventilation, noise, dodgy visor mechanisms, general quality etc. Even the two Arai SZ open face helmets I've owned have had dodgy rain seals.

I currently wear a Scorpion EXO 900 flip-up fitted with an intercom, drop down amber sun visor for ambient light, and a Supervisor peak that works far better in direct sun than any dark visor. It's an OK helmet but not one I find all day comfortable.

Last week I bought a very nice Shoei J-Cruise Corso with a very cool orange and white paint job, but wearing it at home I wasn't completely happy with the fit so I've exchanged it for a Schuberth M1 Metropolitan open face.

Schuberth seem to have redesigned the visor mechanism and the breaking visor tabs that flawed some of their other helmets, including the Schuberth J1 open face which has been my go to touring helmet for the last few years.

I hadn't really paid much attention to the M1 since it was introduced, but I like the fact there's no stitching in the lining to cause pressure points as it's heat welded instead. It also has earphones and microphones already installed in the helmet and all I have to do is plug in the specially designed Cardo SRC intercom in at the back of the helmet, pair it with my Garmin sat nav and I'm good to go.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Type of helmet used   Type of helmet used I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Type of helmet used
Page 1 of 1