Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Today at 1:55 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» I said Farewell...
Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi?

Go down 
+4
JeffR
model28a
"Hi Yo"
2x_lung
8 posters
AuthorMessage
2x_lung
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2015-06-09

Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi? Empty
PostSubject: Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi?   Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 7:31 am

What is the best, most cost effective passenger backrest for my swing?   I do not have a rear trunk and just want a backrest for the passenger.  Any links will be great too.  Thanks so much guys!! Smile
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi? 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi?   Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 8:17 am

It would be easier to type your question into the search box. Just type in passenger backrest. There you will find all kinds of links to everything from aftermarket to homemade backrests. The best for you is the one you like best. Who knows, you might come up with something entirely new.

Good luck with finding what is right for you.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi?   Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 11:53 pm

2x_lung wrote:
What is the best, most cost effective passenger backrest for my swing?   I do not have a rear trunk and just want a backrest for the passenger.  Any links will be great too.  Thanks so much guys!! Smile

If you are looking forward to learning and plan on doing your own maintenance you'll find you can do anything you need or want with the service manual and help from this forum.
I add the paragraph below for most new members because there's a lot of information in the links and may save you some work.
Here are some links(3 below in blue)that will help you learn a lot about your Silverwing. If you can't find what you need in the links below the search on this forum works good, and if you still need help just ask and someone will do what they can to answer your questions.

Maintenance, Tips and Hints
Maintenance "Pictorials"
Accessories-Modifications
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi?   Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 12:03 am

I don't recall anyone but Givi making a backrest really. But if you find one tell us what you did.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3794
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi?   Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 12:46 pm

Pretty sure you're right, Jeff; I bought a Givi one for my other Silverwing and it proved very good.
My pillion passengers found it much more comfortable than the ones that fit on to the top box.

It supports the lower back rather than the middle.

If - big 'if' - I replace the Honda box with a Givi, I shall buy the separate backrest as well.
Back to top Go down
sandancroy5
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
sandancroy5

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2014-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi?   Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 1:06 pm

if you want cheap try using a car headrestaint.mine is going fine and no problems at all.you will find pictures in this section if this helps.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3794
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi?   Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 1:23 pm

Which section?
Link, please.
Back to top Go down
sandancroy5
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
sandancroy5

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2014-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi?   Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 2:24 pm

Back to top Go down
hardee41
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
hardee41

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2013-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi?   Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 3:28 pm

I bought a trunk with a back-rest for a little over $30. at amazon; cheaper than a backrest. Working fine for 3 yrs. http://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_14?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=trunk+for+scooter&sprefix=trunk+for+scoo%2Caps%2C1153
Back to top Go down
DJ Charles
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DJ Charles

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2015-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi?   Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 10:47 am

i made my own back rest
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi?   Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Passenger Backrest....cheaper the better..givi?
Page 1 of 1