Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
this is my post I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 3:39 am

» Drive belt prices
this is my post I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 2:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
this is my post I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 6:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
this is my post I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 4:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
this is my post I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 2:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
this is my post I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 1:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
this is my post I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
this is my post I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
this is my post I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
this is my post I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:01 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

this is my post

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thubbadubba
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-10-20

this is my post Empty
PostSubject: this is my post   this is my post I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 10:12 pm

Thinking of using a dark-side tire. May not, may unload this big scooter, I have a Reflex I like too. Newb here. 2nd post.
Back to top Go down
bandito2
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2010-04-03

this is my post Empty
PostSubject: Re: this is my post   this is my post I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 9:27 pm

Thubbadubba wrote:
Thinking of using a dark-side tire. May not, may unload this big scooter, I have a Reflex I like too. Newb here. 2nd post.

You know, the Reflex can be darksided too with a 145/70R12 or a 145/80R12. The 145/70R12 is closer to the stock scooter diameter and will not have a negative effect on ABS if the bike is so equipped. I know because a 2006 Reflex Sport I restored and sold to a friend had the 145/70R12 car tire put on it at his request. Test rides showed the ABS brakes to work properly.

Now I kind of wished I didn't sell it.... I really did like how the ABS brakes worked.... Only ABS Reflex I ever owned and I sold it!!! What the heck was I thinking?........ Oh yeah.... the $$$$)

bandito2... a car tire heretic... and proud of it...  Originator of the darkside Reflex. (double darksided too)
Back to top Go down

this is my post Empty
PostSubject: Re: this is my post   this is my post I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 8:08 am

I recently (this summer) had a DS tire (Hercules Raptis TR1) installed on my swing and so far it has been great. I'm looking forward to not replacing my rear tire every 5K.
Back to top Go down
Thubbadubba
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

this is my post Empty
PostSubject: dark side   this is my post I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 12:21 am

I wrote a stinkin' long msg, it disappeared! Hate windows! Gonna use my OWN editor from now on!
I said a buncha really funny stuff, you wudda laughed. Then windows happened.

Was saying I ordered some Michelin's for my SW. And I had just put some new tires on my Reflex then parked it when I got the SW. Can't remember what they are now. Made some wooden tools to help hold the wheel for tire changing. Worked good.

Hercules Raptis TR1 seem to have good specs. Yesterday I was looking at ACHILLES PLATINUM 7 on-line, also good specs, but (IIRC) couldn't get past the cheap price. If they wanted twice the $46 and free shipping maybe I wudda bought em! :-)
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

this is my post Empty
PostSubject: Re: this is my post   this is my post I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 2:02 am

The Achilles Platinum 7 has a higher speed rating then the Hercules Raptis TR1 ,210 klph, the Raptis has 190 klph speed rating .At the time , the platinum 7 was $ 140.00 and now with the Ca. dollar exchange ,$ 160.00. You are lucky to get it for $46. and free shipping. The platnum has a nice tread pattern.
Back to top Go down
bandito2
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2010-04-03

this is my post Empty
PostSubject: Re: this is my post   this is my post I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 6:14 pm

Thubbadubba wrote:
I wrote a stinkin' long msg, it disappeared! Hate windows! Gonna use my OWN editor from now on!
I said a buncha really funny stuff, you wudda laughed. Then windows happened.

That has happened to me more times than I'd like to admit. That often happens if you leave the "post a reply" page. Using the back arrow just brings you back to the page sans any message you have typed.

You could just open another tab and do whatever it is you want to do so as to not affect the tab that silverwing.com and your message is on. Then just click onto the silverwing tab again when you are done on the other to get back to finish and send your message.

(but sometimes I have so many windows opened that I forget what is where and have accidentally closed the wrong windows and lost stuff that way too.)( scared the GF a few times yelling at the computer.... I don't feel too bad about that because she has been guilty of doing the same thing on hers.... trouble is.... she stays mad longer than me so I have to stay clear till she settles.)

So like you, I just use the  Windows notepad, but not always. I will use it if I know it is going to be a long post. The notepad will prompt you to save your work if you try to exit it. Then after I'm done, I just do a copy/paste of the message to reply. Even so, I'll still make occasional edits to my message even after posting to correct minor typos or to add or slightly change a thought.
Back to top Go down
Thubbadubba
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

this is my post Empty
PostSubject: Re: this is my post   this is my post I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 7:28 pm

Thank you for the excellent reply. I have my favorite editor. NOT a windoze editor. Yes, most of the mistakes are probably a result of my fat fingers, but Windoze makes it likely my mistakes will happen.
I yell at windoze when I can't figger out WHAT happened to my text, after I have searched for it. I have horror stories about windows. Totally unacceptable actions- policies, etc- that went into windows. But this fight has been over for decades. Where windows is concerned I need not be factual, I am a crotchety grouchy old man. I have used OS that were far better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

this is my post Empty
PostSubject: Re: this is my post   this is my post I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

this is my post
Page 1 of 1