Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards

Go down 
+5
MikeO
Meldrew
Dimond
Mudnman
CathyN
9 posters
AuthorMessage
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards Empty
PostSubject: Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards   Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 11:09 pm

Went to the International Motorcycle Show this weekend.

Stopped in at the Twisted Throttle booth.  Talked with Jenny Smith one of the  exhibitors.  Ask her about hand guards for the Swing.  She said Barkbusters had a brand new product Blizzard Hand Guards.  They are universal and very easy to install and remove? They are a semi-rigid hand guard that blocks the wind, snow, rain and keeps your controls dry.

I checked out this video
TwistedThrottle.com/Blizzard
Not sure if I did this right.  Interesting product. A bit pricey.
$104.99.  Just thought I would pass this along for members interested in hand guards for there Swing or any other bike they may have.

Last edited by CathyN on Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Trying to insert URL link.)
Back to top Go down
Mudnman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards   Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 12:38 am

Bet there great in the cold.Here is the link,maybe lol

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/blizzard-universal-fit-clod-weather-handguards-from-barkbusters
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards   Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 3:30 pm

CathyN wrote:
.... Barkbusters had a brand new product Blizzard Hand Guards.  They are a semi-rigid hand guard that blocks the wind, snow, rain and keeps your controls dry.

My concern with 'hand guards' is getting my hands on the brake levers QUICKLY during panic stops. Is my concern valid?
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards   Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 3:50 pm

They're hand guards not restrictive winter handlebar mitts, both brake levers are right there in front of your hands and there's nothing to stop you riding with a couple of fingers of each hand covering the levers.

My concern is why you're asking the question on a forum, and shouting too?
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards   Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 4:17 pm

I have Givi Universal muffs on my bike and had them on my X9's before that.
They have never prevented me from grabbing the brake-levers in a hurry.
Only problems were when I didn't adjust the straps properly so the wind blew the muffs on to the brake-levers sufficiently to light the brake-lights and when I inadvertantly operated the kill-switch on my X9 500 at 50MPH.  Smile 

I like the look of the Barkbusters.
Back to top Go down
Leena H
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Leena H

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2016-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards   Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 10:35 am

Anyone got these BBZ Barkbusters? I´m interested to hear are they good or not. According the features they are semiflexible that is a good point. They would cover your hands against cold, wind and smaller flying objects like small stones, insects etc. BBZ Barkbusters
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards   Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 1:02 pm

I always fit my handlebar mitts in winter. I have heated grips fitted but, my theory is with the mitts fitted the wind hits the mitts first and not my gloves so, it is an extra layer of protection.
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards   Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 4:47 pm

Probably a good, though expensive, choice.

Any hand guard/mitt/wind blocker will get you at least a 5+ degree colder riding temperature.

Ride with one hand behind wind screen for a short period in 35F and feel the difference.

Anything to get us out more often on that Swing.
Back to top Go down
Leena H
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Leena H

PostSubject: Re: Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards   Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 4:51 pm

A point to consider in this matter: I'm living in Finland, that is in the northern Europe.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards   Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 2:59 pm

I bought a set of Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards about four years ago. After a few half hearted attempts, I finally got round to fitting and using them for a few weeks last winter. As long as you suss out the correct pair of spacers and screws from the fitting kit so the handguards and metal stiffeners don't touch the brake levers, they work fine.

Last edited by Meldrew on Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leena H
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Leena H

PostSubject: Re: Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards   Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 3:08 pm

Thanks Meldrew for your reply! I was considering to fit them for the rides in the early spring and the late autumn and maybe take them off in the summer. Any point on that? Although there's no hurry to place the order, because the nights are still very cold and we´ll continue enjoying the Beast from East for some time longer. I started my season 1.4. last year, but I guess it won't happen this year as the snow hasn't even started to melt.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards   Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 4:26 pm

Hmmm, are they good for keeping rain of gloves bud ? If so I might invest in some for the Great British Summer, my hands are fine generally but if they get wet they loose heat really quickly.
Back to top Go down
Leena H
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Leena H

PostSubject: Re: Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards   Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 4:29 pm

According to the product info they're lined with waterproof membrane.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards   Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 5:34 pm

The Bern wrote:
Hmmm, are they good for keeping rain of gloves bud ? If so I might invest in some for the Great British Summer, my hands are fine generally but if they get wet they loose heat really quickly.

I'm sure they are bud, but it was mainly cold and dry the times I went out with them fitted. I removed them with an idea of extending the tops of them, which I still haven't done.

As I have gloves for wearing in the rain, a pair of over gloves in my rain kit, along with a pair of neoprene handlebar muffs I can quickly fit on the bars, it's not a priority and the Blizzards are sat somewhere on a shelf in the garage.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards   Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 6:11 pm

Cheers bud, I'll get herself on the case :Happy Holiday:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards   Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Barkbusters Blizzard hand guards
Page 1 of 1