Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 8:05 pm

» What were they thinking?
Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeby cotetoi Today at 7:49 pm

» Earth cable stress
Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Today at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Yesterday at 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing

Go down 
+23
Cosmic_Jumper
NWSSC
terrier
bicyclenut
DickO
vader1701
"Hi Yo"
jpabs67
honda_silver
exavid
Waspie
Meldrew
DaveR
tarmacburner2
jimdaddy47
slava777
wayneliz
BlackFly
CathyN
roadrunner
MikeO
thomphoto
DennisB
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing Empty
PostSubject: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 3:16 pm

Hello,
I made 3 of these the first run and they sold out very fast. If you missed your chance to pick up one of these great light mounting bars for your SWing, here's your opportunity. Light Mounting Bar Places the lights at just the right hight from the street surface 29" centered. No drilling required and mounts to the scooter using the 2 lower Honda Fairing bolts so it's easy to install. Mount bar is made of 1/8" thick x 1" steel plate and is of welded construction. Finish is a generious coating of Rust-Oleum High Gloss Black epoxy enamel that is a very durable protective finish. Light mounting holes are 1/4" (6mm)

Price is $45.00 USD with a $6.00 USD shipping (Priority Mail for U.S.) or $13.00 USD (first class international).

If interested please send me a PM and I will send you the ordering information.

Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing Spots811

Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing Spots512

Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing Spots112

Sorry but light assemblies are not included with this Light mounting bar.

Thank You,

DennisB

Last edited by DennisB on Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:34 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Corrected BoBo)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:40 am

what a bit of kit great dennis and only three days from you to me thank you so much everybody says wow what a bike its the first time in years i felt this good i love your products more inportant your freindship respect adam oh lights are great next flag mounts with uk usa flags on
Back to top Go down
thomphoto
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
thomphoto

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:47 pm

Dennis, I would like to have one of these. Let me know how to order.
Wendell Thompson
2443 Old Ky 144
Owensboro, KY 42303
270-302-0007
wthomphoto@bellsouth.net
Back to top Go down
http://wendellthompsonfineart.com

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 12:54 pm

Dennis I would also like to order one of these. Let me know how to.
simdoc@sbcglobal.net

Thanks Dave
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3780
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 4:52 pm

Hi, Dennis,
Thank you for your PM with details and the information about the lights.

I thought I'd post my reply here so you don't have to keep repeating yourself in PMs. Smile

The lights you use look great - thanks for the link.
There doesn't seem to be a price, though.
I looked elsewhere for a rough guide - $30/$40 - is that each or per pair?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 5:13 pm

Hi Mike,

You should be able to get these lights for under $ 17.00 USD a pair.

If not let me know and I will get them for you and ship them to you. I can buy these at a store called Wal-Mart under a different part number.

DennisB sunny
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 8:23 am

Just added a picture.

Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing Spots911
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 2:41 pm

Dennis,

I thought that I saw somewhere on this forum the model number for the illustrated auxiliary lights that you used with your mounting bar. I now cannot find them.

Would you please post again the model number for the WalMart lights used? Also, what was the wattage of a single light or the combination?

Incidentally, elsewhere on this forum you provide a link to obtaining relays for the lights. When I checked the Ebay link, the result was "no longer listed." Do you have a part number and supplier for these relays?

Thanks for all the good information and your engineering expertise.

Leon
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:37 pm

Hi Leon,

The Wal-Mart Optronics Model QH-87CD Halogen Driving Lights. work great and don't brake the bank.

What I did was to do a little looking around and found this web sight that has some great prices on the SPOT light bulbs. These fit the Wal-Mart Lights and work very well. Q50MR16/CG/47/10 50 Watt, Narrow 10 degree bulb. Manufacturer's Part #: 18001
http://www.1000bulbs.com/12-Volt-MR16-Solux-Full-Spectrum/

Relay:
Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing 12vp-rsoe
On Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/12V-12-VOLT-30-40A-SPDT-RELAY-w-SOCKET-WIRE-HARNESS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem334fcc5001QQitemZ220382121985QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
50 Watt - Full Spectrum Solux MR16 - Halogen Light Bulb - 12 Volt - Narrow Spot - Glass Face - 4,000 Life Hours - Eiko 180

50 Watt - Full Spectrum Solux MR16 - Halogen Light Bulb - 12 Volt - Narrow Spot - Glass Face - 4,000 Life Hours - Eiko 180

Hope this information helps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:19 pm

Thank you, Dennis, for getting back to me so promptly.

I will get back to you if the only option that I have is auxiliary lights.

Leon
Back to top Go down
roadrunner
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
roadrunner

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 10:26 pm

I suck at wiring; is there a thread on the forum that provides details of wiring fog/spot/driving lights? I apparently suck at writing search queries too...
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 10:50 pm

Yes,

This first picture is the wiring that is needed under the left rear side cover (with relay).

Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing Relay_11

The second picture is wiring front lights with lighted switch.

Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing Untitl10
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:13 pm

Hi Dennis,

I sent you a PM on ordering a light bar yesterday. Just wanted you to know. Get back to me when you get a chance. It's not like I will be riding anytime soon. Thanks.

Cathy
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 11:53 pm

Dennis,

Sent another pm tonight. Re: light bar. Hope it's flashing this time.

Cathy
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 8:43 am

Hi Cathy,

OK, I got your last PM. I'll send you the ordering information today.

Thank You for your interest in this product. sunny
Back to top Go down
BlackFly
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
BlackFly

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 8:54 am

I'm interested in these bar but i'm living germany
Do you have an idea how much the shipping to germany will costs? If it is not to much, i have to check the German law for installation of additional lights on motobikes...
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:11 am

Hi BlackFly,

Cost of international shipping of the light bar is $13.50 USD

$45.00 USD for the light bar. (I include some extra things with the bar).
$13.50 USD for the International shipping (First class mail)
$58.50 USD Total, shipped to your front door.

Thank You.

Dennis

P.S. The extra stuff is: New mounting screws, Spacers (per year), Wire Covers, and a new rocker switch. All of this makes the installation look great and makes it easy to do.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 7:13 pm

Hi Dennis,

Will mail you a check Friday, Jan 28th. Look out for it.

Thanks,

Cathy
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 7:37 pm

Thank You Cathy,

I'll keep an eye open for it in the mail. What type lights are you going to run?
Back to top Go down
wayneliz
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wayneliz

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2010-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:50 pm

I have this light bar on my Swing. Like everything Dennis makes, it fits and works perfectly. I used the WallyWorld lights and they make a huge difference in being able to see and be seen. The switch Dennis includes fits in the bar cover nicely. All in all, a great upgrade.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 10:57 pm

I'm not sure what lights I am putting on yet. The Cree's look nice. It depends on my budget. I have so many upgrades I would like to do.

Cathy
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:23 pm

Hey Dennis,

I sent you anothe PM tonight re: lights.

Cathy
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:39 pm

Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 12:14 pm

Dennis,

Looked at the thread was very helpful. I sent you a PM after I viewed it. Has your computer been behaving?

Cathy
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 12:27 pm

Hi Cathy, I could not aford my own enternet connection any longer so I'm on a wire less connection off my niebors interent connection.

I will drive over to Wal-Mart and let you know what the price is for the Optronics lights and if they still carry them.

If you want my old black Optronics lights, I can send them to you. just pay for the shipping.
Back to top Go down
roadrunner
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 12:31 pm

Dennis,

I viewed the thread you sent Cathy -- are the lights in the pictures the Optronics?
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 12:34 pm

Yes, both are Optronics.
Back to top Go down
roadrunner
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 12:46 pm

Thanks. Is there any reason the lights couldn't be mounted on the underside of the bar?
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 12:55 pm

Dennis,

I can pay you for your old ones. Name a price and how much the shipping will cost and I will send you anothe check. You don't need to go to walmart to look for me. But, thanks for offering. I sent the check for the lightbar on Friday. You can ship everything together if that's ok with you.

Thanks,

Cathy
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 1:17 pm

Hi Roadrunner,

Yes, you can mount to the bottom. If you have the lower power draw LED type bulbs installed, you can run 4 up lights. Now that would be somthing to see.

Cathy, Here is the a thread to the Optronicts lights:
http://optronicsinc.com/competition-new.html?height=600&width=800

I'll need to check on what the cost is for the QH-12IT lights. I just do not think they are that much.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 1:37 pm

Dennis,

Thanks for the thread.

Cathy
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 12:16 pm

Hi Cathy,

Looks like another $20.00 and I will send the black Optronics lights with new MR16, 50W bulbs installed. A spare black housing and bezel, a Optronics install kit, and your light bar that you all ready paid for and ship it all USPS Priority Mail to you.

Does that sound OK to you?
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 9:23 pm

Hi Dennis,

Sounds good to me thank you. I will mail the check tomorrow. I hope to meet you someday, you an are amazing kind hearted person. Let me know when you get the check.

Cathy
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 12:48 am

Hi Dennis,

Received your light bar and lights today. Great job on the light bar, a quality piece of work. You are a real craftsman. Bob is going to be busy as soon as the weather gets better. The garage is not heated but we are expecting a warm up this week. I will assist him where I can. Maybe, I'll learn something.

Anyone, on this forum who is considering driving lights Dennis makes a custom light bar for the swing. See picture at the top of page one in this post. I highly recommend it.

Thanks again,

Cathy
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 9:04 am

Hi Cathy,

It's always fun installing new gadgets on the Swing. One of the things I recommend is the installation of a relay with the lights. That way your new Driving lights will turn off when you turn off your scooter.

Here's an EBay thread to a relay that works very well for this install:

http://cgi.ebay.com/12V-40A-RELAY-5-WIRE-SOCKET-HARNESS-SPDT-/280579171636?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4153d26534

Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing Relay_10
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 9:43 am

Hi Dennis,

Thanks, I showed your thread to Bob, of course he knew what it all meant.
He works in the electrical field.

Cathy

Back to top Go down
wayneliz
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wayneliz

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2010-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 9:34 pm

I have quite a few of Dennis' items and have found every one to be of exceptional design and quality. I agree with Dennis about the relay for the lights. I picked up the trigger voltage for the relay from the low beam power wire. This gives you the advantage of keyed on and off as well as having them cut off during engine start. By wiring the rocker switch Dennis provides in series with this wire, you have the ability to manually shut off the lights if desired.
Back to top Go down
slava777
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 6:48 pm

Dennis,
I need one driving lights mount. Please advise on payment.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 7:56 pm

Hi Slava777,

Just sent you a PM. Thank you for your interest in the product.
Back to top Go down
jimdaddy47
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
jimdaddy47

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 11:01 pm

Dennis, Are you still making the mounting bar for the driving lights? If so, let me know your price and how to order. Wendell Thompson from Owensboro bought this from you in 2009 and his looked good. Going to be riding in northern Arkansas this summer. Thanks
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 7:56 am

CathyN wrote:
Hi Dennis,

Thanks, I showed your thread to Bob, of course he knew what it all meant.
He works in the electrical field.

Cathy

Is that the 'electro magnetic' field? scratch Laughing

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 3:16 pm

Hi Jim

Just sent you a PM. Thank you for your interest in this product.
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 1:39 pm

I can attest to anyone who does not have one of Dennis's light bar's, you are only fooling yourselves... I have had one on my Swing for a long time
with the Wal-Mart driving lights as shown and I am positive they have
saved me from a possible accident numerous times. People can see you
when you have them on! Plus they really light up the road. Thank you again Dennis. I enjoy them and they are truly one of the best adds I have made to my Swing.
Old Dave in Western Nebraska Smile
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4169
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 2:21 pm

DaveR wrote:
I can attest to anyone who does not have one of Dennis's light bar's, you are only fooling yourselves... I have had one on my Swing for a long time
with the Wal-Mart driving lights as shown and I am positive they have
saved me from a possible accident numerous times. People can see you
when you have them on! Plus they really light up the road. Thank you again Dennis. I enjoy them and they are truly one of the best adds I have made to my Swing.
Old Dave in Western Nebraska Smile

Yes but look at it another way, you're in the state of Nebraska which has an area of 77,334 sq mi with a population density of 24.0/ sq mi. In comparison I live in the much smaller English rural county of North Yorkshire which has an area of only 3,341 sq mi but the population density is 320/ sq mi. So there's a lot more road traffic to contend with here, yet I don't feel any need to fit extra lights to get around.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 3:21 pm

Thanks Dave. When you live in the rural county, extra lights up front sure helps in spotting deer, bear and their eye shine next to the road at night. Shocked
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 4:14 pm

They do light up the road so you can see . . .but. . .more than that when you are in on-coming traffic, they can see you coming and are not as apt to turn in front of you because of your low profile. Safety!
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 5:40 pm

On the matter of deer, I find the creatures so unpredictable they can turn back on themselves in a flash.

Best cure for avoiding them I found is to reduce speed and give yourself time to spot the tell tale orange eyes.

I have had a few close shaves this year and it's only the 15th!!!!!

Back to lights, lighting, I did see a 'real' bike last month with a light bar and additional lights at the front. It did stick out from the other traffic. For me it was the triangular configuration rather than the actual illumination.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 9:15 pm

The extra lights like Dennis has are very good for additional light at night but for protection from oncoming cars turning in front of you I like headlight modulators here in North America. The variation in light output really catches people's attention. Not to mention they reduce the load on the electrical system and increase headlight bulb life.
A pair of riding lights mounted on Dennis' light bars and a modulator would be a great addition to any SW.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 3:11 pm

exavid wrote:
A pair of riding lights mounted on Dennis' light bars and a modulator would be a great addition to any SW.

I have Dennis light bar with

2 LEDs ( ADVMonster mod 60 ) mounted on the top controlled by Skene Design IQ-170A dimmer

2 LEDs ( ADVMonster mod 30 ) mounted on the bottom contolled by ADVMonster dimmer.

Let there be light ....
Back to top Go down
jpabs67
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 11:02 am

Hi Dennis.

I sent you a pm regarding your light bar.

Joe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing   Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mounting Bar for Fog/Spot/Driving Lights for Honda SilverWing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next