Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
LED driving lights I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 2:49 am

» New to Me Swing
LED driving lights I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
LED driving lights I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
LED driving lights I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
LED driving lights I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
LED driving lights I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
LED driving lights I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
LED driving lights I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
LED driving lights I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
LED driving lights I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

LED driving lights

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
trouble1100
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
trouble1100

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2010-04-30

LED driving lights Empty
PostSubject: LED driving lights   LED driving lights I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 12:39 pm

Take a look at this new 1 watt LED driving light kit from Lewis at E.C.
http://www.electricalconnection.com/driving-lights/dl-1watt.htm

Also a post from the GL board about a 10 watt version from the same vendor.
http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256542
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

LED driving lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED driving lights   LED driving lights I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 1:26 pm

I want some! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-02-25

LED driving lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED driving lights   LED driving lights I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 3:15 pm

I got a niice black powder coated set from wally world for 15.00 I bought my own relay and there awesome. I fabbed some brackets outta alm and polished them as thats whats holding my lights in place. I spent 240.00 on piaas on my 07 and I wasnt gonna spend that kind of money again. These optronics 55 w lights do the same job as my piaas for hunderds less and these lights are kinda stealth as in not really bulky looking and I saved my front reflectors as well in the process. So there bolted back in place. A F.Y.I. optronics is one of the biggest manufactures of trailer lighting. I have a set of THERE clear lensed red led tail lights on my car trailer
Back to top Go down

LED driving lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED driving lights   LED driving lights I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:16 pm

I don't really know the history of that site but holy cow they really went nuts on the guy who dared to suggest that someone might be interested in a lower cost alternative.

They called his post BS. He got "owned" and accused of "running his mouth." People started to pile on. Someone called him an "Epic Fail." Called him "stupid." He got berated for talking about another light in a post about lights. Called him an "idiot." Someone piled on. Called him a "moron."

Then someone posted they were afraid to talk in the thread.

No wonder!

These people got violently angry at someone for suggesting that someone might prefer a cheaper and admittedly lower quality alternative. I can't imagine what they would think of the plumbing insulation I use on my grips. I wonder what they'd call me!

Poor Eddie here would have been lynched for what he posted!
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

LED driving lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED driving lights   LED driving lights I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 6:12 pm

Something similar happened to me on another Silverwing forum a while ago. affraid
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-02-25

LED driving lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED driving lights   LED driving lights I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:19 pm

Hey Doug cool post brother. Bro the last thing I ever wanna see someone do is spend more then they need. YA I PAID LIKE 240.00 FOR MY PIAAS and they were good but sad truth is the set I got from walmart from the optronics company HELL NO DIFFERENCE IN THE LIGHT IT THROWS . So compare 15.00 to 240.00 AND THATS MY COAST FOR PIAAS to me its a no brainer brother. We all learn from eachother on here bro on anything silverwing related. Thats wht this forum is all about and if I can save someone 1-200.00 or more?? HELL BRO IM THE FIRST IN LINE!!!!!!!!!!!! Now super long term will they be different in quality?? I dont know tight rubber seal around the wireing and powdercoated outside shell so no rust and if water dont get in then what can go wrong? I promised myself Ide make my 09 into what my 07 was but do things different bro and I did. All I can say is bro that sadly there is alot of small minded people out there but I feel as though If I can give input and save people DRASTIC MONEY on lighting im comming foreward and share my savings with them :-) I like to share what can i say??
Back to top Go down

LED driving lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED driving lights   LED driving lights I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:30 pm

Here's my low-cost solution. I put one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Magnet-Mount-Detector-more-FREE/dp/B001D2E88Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1282184846&sr=8-1

on my brake fluid cover and it holds my MP3 player(Sansa) perfectly. I got it for $5 at a truck stop and it works great.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

LED driving lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED driving lights   LED driving lights I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:01 am

I believe I will be getting a pair of these 36W:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13704029#post13704029

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13666045#post13666045

I will have to locate a waterproof PWM dimmer.

Back to top Go down

LED driving lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED driving lights   LED driving lights I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:51 am

Here's a pic of the magnet on my swing:

DSCN0487

Here's the player when attached:

DSCN0489

I also have one over the Honda logo on the handlebar cover. It holds my GPS perfectly.

EDIT: Sorry about the thread hijack attempt!
Back to top Go down
Hammy
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Hammy

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2010-05-22

LED driving lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED driving lights   LED driving lights I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 12:30 pm

Aren't you worried about the magnet doing something to the electronics, Duggle?

I have the 10Watt lights from Vision-X (I think they're marketed on Twisted Throttle as Denali lights) and will be mounting one euro beam on the right and one spot beam on the left. http://www.visionxusa.com/LED-Solstice-S1100/c1_48_88/p374/2%22_SOLSTICE_SOLO_BLACK_10-WATT_LED_POD_10o_NARROW_BEAM/product_info.html

They're only 10 watts, so they're not really all that powerful (in terms of distance they light up) and will be primarily more for conspicuity lighting since they are VERY bright. I'm interested in a proper pair of driving lights. Bill, do you have a link for those 36Watt driving lights? I only saw the thread on the advriders forum but didn't see a purchase link?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ezridersscooterclub.com
Hammy
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Hammy

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2010-05-22

LED driving lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED driving lights   LED driving lights I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:00 pm

From Bill's link:

Description:
Spot Beam 10watt / .85amp ~450 lumens total from 3 leds, 12v
Flood Beam 24 watt / 2amp ~1500 lumens total from 9leds (3 groups of 3), 12v
Aluminum housing
o-ring sealed
one meter leads
waterproof connectors -male and female
two mounting options - flat mount (stainless) or 7/8s bar mount(aluminum).
plastic lens

Cost+ship:
Pair Spot Beam - $90
Pair Spot/Flood - $105
Pair Flood Beam - $115

Those are pretty good prices for what look like really powerful lights!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ezridersscooterclub.com

LED driving lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED driving lights   LED driving lights I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 3:53 pm

I only use flash memory electronics with the magnets. I was going to use a nice old player of mine with a stainless steel back until I remembered it had a CF form factor mini-drive in it that would probably not like the magnet much. The flash memory devices work great.

But that is one reason I like the Sansa players, I have two that I paid $25 and $35 for...even if they do get damaged in some way, I won't cry too much. In fact I think I've gotten my money's worth out of both of them already. My wife treats her iPod like a Fabergé egg, probably because it cost about as much.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

LED driving lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED driving lights   LED driving lights I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 3:54 pm

Hammy wrote:
Flood Beam 24 watt / 2amp ~1500 lumens total from 9leds (3 groups of 3), 12v

Hammy wrote:
Pair Flood Beam - $115

I do not have any details on the switch. So when I find a good waterproof switch (maybe with LED illumination) and a waterproof dimmer switch that does not drain or lose power ... I will order the Flood Beam.

I will be mounting them on my DennisB light bracket ( https://www.silverwing600.com/silver-wing-accessories-modifications-f5/spot-light-relocation-and-bracket-t624.htm#4683 )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LED driving lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED driving lights   LED driving lights I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LED driving lights
Page 1 of 1