Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage... I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Today at 22:47

» I said Farewell...
Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage... I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 15:12

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage... I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 05:05

» LF extended back rest
Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage... I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 14:21

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage... I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed 24 Apr 2024, 09:28

» Drive belt prices
Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage... I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed 24 Apr 2024, 07:28

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage... I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed 24 Apr 2024, 05:37

» Rear shock longevity
Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage... I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue 23 Apr 2024, 17:11

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage... I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue 23 Apr 2024, 12:01

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage... I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun 21 Apr 2024, 13:37

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage...

Go down 
+9
pja
john grinsel
Cosmic_Jumper
Hammy
MaxB
Slick-Tenn
jdeereanton
mr fish
dspevack
13 posters
AuthorMessage

Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage... Empty
PostSubject: Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage...   Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage... I_icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009, 20:32

Since I never ride two up I had this crazy idea that I might be able to buy a hard or soft bag that fit over passenger seat and could be removed if not needed. Anybody has experience with this kind of luggage or perhaps has any suggestions for where to look for it? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage...   Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage... I_icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009, 20:57

http://www.cruiserbag.com/index.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage...   Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage... I_icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009, 21:56

Here is what I found:
http://www.giviusa.com/caschi_borse_bauli_accessori.asp?CO_ID=31264&lang=en

Around $150...
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage...   Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage... I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 04:32

I dont know if you get oxford products in the U.S but they do some handy expandable tail packs also put in a search for "motorcycle tail packs" in google or silmilar also try www.touratech-usa.com very handy for tips and luggage ideas
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage...   Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage... I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 08:11

Use your favorite search engine to do a web search using the term 'motorcycle tail bag'. This should give you quite a few responses. My wife and I used a Joe rocket bag for quite a few years before getting a hard case for the SilverWings.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
Slick-Tenn
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2010-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage...   Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage... I_icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug 2010, 21:00

Miro wrote:
Since I never ride two up I had this crazy idea that I might be able to buy a hard or soft bag that fit over passenger seat and could be removed if not needed. Anybody has experience with this kind of luggage or perhaps has any suggestions for where to look for it? Thanks.
Your best choice is at AerostitchRider.com. It's called a medium camp bag. I own one - it fits the back seat of the Swing like a glove - and holds more stuff than you'll ever haul. Extremely good quality and utility - many outer pockets, easy access to main compartment (from the side as well as the top!). At first, I fumbled around with it and thought "Way too complicated." But then, I determined to give it a good shakedown run, and did, and now, wouldn't leave home without it!
Back to top Go down
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage...   Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage... I_icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug 2010, 22:15

I'm a cheapy. I went to Wallyworld and found some small duffles that had a lining/coating on the inside of the nylon outer. (almost waterproof) They were $10 each I then got some straps ansd quick buckles th cinch it down with. or bungees)

For $20 I have very functional add on luggage. The ones I got were 12x12x24 in. That's a lot of room to stuff. And when it rains Really hard I just turn the zipper down and its dry inside. (I still put my sensitive things in ziploc bags) (camera, etc.)

I have used this rig for several yrs.

MaxB ( who likes to keep money for gas and more trips)
Back to top Go down
Hammy
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Hammy

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage...   Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage... I_icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug 2010, 22:49

I use a Nelson Rigg CL150 seatbag. It doubles as a backrest for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ezridersscooterclub.com
Hammy
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Hammy

PostSubject: Re: Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage...   Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage... I_icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug 2010, 22:58

I'm wondering if this is the rig you're talking about, Slick?

http://www.aerostich.com/motofizz-camping-seat-bags-medium.html

I personally hate having to use a separate raincover so would probably use one of these waterproof duffles:

http://www.aerostich.com/packing-it-in/seat-bags-and-tail-bags/dry-bags/expedition-dry-duffel.html
or
http://www.aerostich.com/packing-it-in/seat-bags-and-tail-bags/dry-bags/ortlieb-dry-bag-duffel-bags.html

A lot of other rigs will require straps, etc. which then make it very difficult and time consuming to access your underseat storage. One of these bags, bungeed to your passenger seat, should be easy to remove whenever you need to access your underseat storage, and won't cost you much in terms of wind resistance and mileage, especially if you get one that doesn't stick out on either side of you and your Swing.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage...   Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage... I_icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug 2010, 23:14

I use Aerostich's medium size Motofizz seat bag. It's great and very adaptable to various mount locations. A sight downside is that the bag's size and expanding feature "encourages" me to take too much stuff.

Hammy's comment about the seperate rain cover is also worth noting . The bag is mostly weather resistant in all but a serious downpour --at least as long as you're riding. But you'll need the the rain cover if you're stopped for any lenght of time. For me it's kind of a moot point though as I pack all my clothes, etc in heavy duty zip lock bags.

Tim
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3296
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Bag   Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage... I_icon_minitimeTue 17 Aug 2010, 04:48

Now I suppose this will upset somebody.

First thing to look for waterproof if you are serious rider.

At one time during second retirement I was by choice living off my bike around 6 months a year, so have tried various combos...and wasted a lot of money.

For Silverwing as well as other Honda Scooters I have had-----Yellow rubber bags (Aerostich)that open from top work great. Don't fill them too full and they go almost perfectly on seat behind and ride well. Not so full leaves room for junk you might find/buy along the way. Rubber Cords hold them on---WalMart has them with hook big enough to fit around the passenger hand rails.

Once on they are on----design problem with SilverWing with stuff on behind you, you cannot get into underseat storage. Guess the designers do not ride.

I try to keep/put stuff that I need often in my Givi box---but keep it light, Givi is about 54" from ground when bike is up right. Like putting rock on rear of arrow. I also have a couple of "tank bags" that fit in well----right fit and a little velcro keeps them steady. Safest place for my dog, too. Actually one bike small tank bag works fine, again velcro----magnet type don't work on plastic.

Accessory back rests take away from space you have on rear of seat for bags----but bags arranged right allow some rest for back if you need it.

Canoe bags/like duffel bags ---you can probably find them at WalMart, a little cheaper, end up round and are hard to stack on top of each other.

Of course, I know how to cheap charlie it, too. Any bag again WalMart, KMart, that fits your space needs---no water proof----put you junk in high quality garbage bags, and then in the bag----but can get messy after several wet days/camping, etc.

Stuff rides pretty good on seat behind---get your bungee cords long enough---too much tension, one end/hook flies at your face---hurts as min.

I haven't had bag fall off since near Denver 1958---Maico Blizzard, overloaded rack.

The seat behind you on SilverWing, the hand rails work pretty good---heavy stuff on bottom.

John Grinsel
Back to top Go down
pja
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pja

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage...   Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage... I_icon_minitimeTue 17 Aug 2010, 05:05

You might like to look at Ventura products.

See: http://www.ventura-bike.com/products.aspx?type=seatbag

Andy Strapz also carry a range of suitable packs and bags; see the A and AA Bagz in particular:

http://www.andystrapz.com/products.php?PCID=55

Regards,
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.caseysbeach.com
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage...   Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage... I_icon_minitimeTue 17 Aug 2010, 05:53

http://www.bikersfriend.com/

Similar to the Cruiser Bags that Dan suggested last year.
Back to top Go down
edbancro
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage...   Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage... I_icon_minitimeTue 17 Aug 2010, 07:31

I get e-mails from New Enough, and they seem to have had a lot of specials on various types of luggage lately (maybe it's the time of year?), so that might be worth a look for those looking for a good deal. They also have a pretty generous return policy, even on closeout stuff, so if you get something that doesn't work, you can return it and try something else for just the cost of shipping one way. (I'm not officially associated with them in any way, just a happy customer who buys almost all of his gear from them).
Back to top Go down
madcatta
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage...   Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage... I_icon_minitimeTue 17 Aug 2010, 08:41

I occasionally utilise a 30 litre Tatonka barrel bag which I purchased on line - at least I think it's a waterproof bag as the material is and the zippered opening is protected by a lip. The bag can also convert easily into a backpack although I've never used it as such. It has side and end handles which make it easy once it's sitting on the seat to attach to the hand rails via some velcro straps.

I have the small bag which fits the seat well but the Swing could probably handle the next size up

Cheers

Scottie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage...   Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage... I_icon_minitimeTue 17 Aug 2010, 10:48

I have never bought anything from this site, but this one page has more pictures of bike luggage than anyplace I've seen. You might find something you like just by looking at the pics then searching for the item.

http://www.afterburnermx.com/Luggage-s/1719.htm?searching=Y&sort=2&cat=1719&show=120&page=1
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage...   Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage... I_icon_minitimeTue 17 Aug 2010, 11:10

+1
Love the site and agree with spotting something then Searching other sites for it - I've bought the NELSON-RIGG SSC-140 MINI SADDLEBAGS for $3 less.
Still waiting for them to get through Customs, though! Less than a week to get to Belgium, now ten days since then. Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage... Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
KINN
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage...   Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage... I_icon_minitimeTue 17 Aug 2010, 12:46

Check out www.drybags.com. Waterproof is the number one priority for me and I bought their 70L Yukon duffel bag. It's a rugged product as well as watertight. It velcros nicely across the passenger seat and serves as a backrest as well.

I never take a passenger on my long rides so having a bag across the seat isn't an issue. I have a stock of Tilley Endurable clothing and can pack everything I need for a lengthy trip into the Yukon and my Givi Trunk.

I bought mine in Victoria, B.C. at Mountain Equipment Coop. They're available from them on line or from a number of suppliers in the US.

Back to top Go down
Hammy
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Hammy

PostSubject: Re: Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage...   Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage... I_icon_minitimeTue 17 Aug 2010, 14:38

I would probably buy this one:
http://www.aerostich.com/packing-it-in/seat-bags-and-tail-bags/dry-bags/ortlieb-dry-bag-duffel-bags.html in Large -- it's not so wide that it sticks too much out from your bike or your body if strapped sideways instead of the long way, is fully waterproof, has patch kits readily available, has straps that make bungeeing easy to the grabrails, etc... Since I only have a stock backrest, I would probably use my full pelt sheepskin and lay it on my seat and then over this bag to make a nice backrest without having to worry about the straps creating any discomfort. Bungees are easy to take off, and it'll then be easy to access the underseat storage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage...   Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for rear seat mounted bag/luggage...
Page 1 of 1