Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
TomTom Rider 2013 model I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
TomTom Rider 2013 model I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
TomTom Rider 2013 model I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
TomTom Rider 2013 model I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
TomTom Rider 2013 model I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
TomTom Rider 2013 model I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
TomTom Rider 2013 model I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
TomTom Rider 2013 model I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
TomTom Rider 2013 model I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
TomTom Rider 2013 model I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

TomTom Rider 2013 model

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gyro
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Gyro

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2013-04-07

TomTom Rider 2013 model Empty
PostSubject: TomTom Rider 2013 model   TomTom Rider 2013 model I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 12:59 pm

The search feature does not seem to like "GPS," as it keeps telling me there are no posts on the subject, so there may be a thread about this already, but I can't find it. Neutral

The arrival of the newest version of the TomTom Rider GPS has been delayed several times since it was announced a few months ago.  I noticed this morning that Amazon.com is finally showing it in stock and available for immediate delivery.  The features on it look great, and the price is substantially less than Garmin motorcycle GPS units.

Maybe some of our British or European Rider owners could weigh-in with their experiences and help us poor, clueless Yanks make an informed decision. Wink

TomTom Rider 2013 model XsePbSyOjZ_rider_mount_500
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: TomTom Rider 2013 model   TomTom Rider 2013 model I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 3:45 pm

Hello Gyro,

I have the TomTom Rider Urban (and Rider II for back up). Google 'TomTom Rider 2013 review' and you should get some idea of the features it has. Here is a link to get you started http://www.stuff.tv/tomtom/tomtom-rider-v5-2013/review

I use TomTom a lot both on the scoots and in the cars. I even use it when I now exactly where I am going, never know when a road might be closed for whatever reason. Don't know how much use 'Twisty Roads' is going to be on your Yankee slabs.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Gyro
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Gyro

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2013-04-07

PostSubject: Re: TomTom Rider 2013 model   TomTom Rider 2013 model I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 4:33 pm

tarmacburner2 wrote:
Hello Gyro,

I have the TomTom Rider Urban (and Rider II for back up). Google 'TomTom Rider 2013 review' and you should get some idea of the features it has. Here is a link to get you started http://www.stuff.tv/tomtom/tomtom-rider-v5-2013/review

I use TomTom a lot both on the scoots and in the cars. I even use it when I now exactly where I am going, never know when a road might be closed for whatever reason. Don't know how much use 'Twisty Roads' is going to be on your Yankee slabs.

Cheers.

That twisties feature could be pretty handy for me.  I'm down in the corner of Kansas, right up against Missouri.  We are in the beginnings of the foothills of the Ozark mountains.  From here to points West, it gets pretty flat with only the gently rolling Flint Hills to break up the scenery. As you go East-Southeast, it gets progressively hillier the farther you get into SW Missouri and NW Arkansas.  The Ozarks are ancient mountains and are nowhere near as impressive at the Rockies or the Appalachians, but they reach 3,000 ft.  Pretty impressive, considering the average elevation on the flatlands is only a few hundred feet ASL.
TomTom Rider 2013 model Nar1

It's only a 1-1/2-2 hr ride from my home to Pineville, Mo, and a scenic ride at that, if one chooses.

TomTom Rider 2013 model IMG_3942
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TomTom Rider 2013 model   TomTom Rider 2013 model I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TomTom Rider 2013 model
Page 1 of 1