Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Forgive My Rookie Questions
"Power braking" to smooth out initial acceleration. I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:47 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to progreso, and could use some advice
"Power braking" to smooth out initial acceleration. I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» LF extended back rest
"Power braking" to smooth out initial acceleration. I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
"Power braking" to smooth out initial acceleration. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
"Power braking" to smooth out initial acceleration. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
"Power braking" to smooth out initial acceleration. I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
"Power braking" to smooth out initial acceleration. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
"Power braking" to smooth out initial acceleration. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 pm

» I said Farewell...
"Power braking" to smooth out initial acceleration. I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
"Power braking" to smooth out initial acceleration. I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

"Power braking" to smooth out initial acceleration.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SCTLVR
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2012-06-27

"Power braking" to smooth out initial acceleration. Empty
PostSubject: "Power braking" to smooth out initial acceleration.   "Power braking" to smooth out initial acceleration. I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 5:02 pm

Following wisdom found here, I held the rear brake and ramped up the throttle in a process that took ~3 seconds.
The smell of high temperature adhesives and friction materials followed.
The bike during initial acceleration is much smoother now. No negative results, from what I can tell or smell. Maybe removed some time from the life of the clutch, but well worth it. Far less "dash/fender rattle" and more comfortable.
When the time/distance is reached, the bike will get new roller, etc., but until then this is a great little trick.
Thanks, forumsters! Another satisfied customer! band
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: "Power braking" to smooth out initial acceleration.   "Power braking" to smooth out initial acceleration. I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 9:38 pm

SCTLVR,

I have been doing this for years and it is great when you need to do it. It seems to need it more if there is a lot of stop and go traffic. But in California we can split traffic, as you know, so I really don't need to do it much. Some though will not do this. They will take everything apart for some reason. It's good you posted this for the members who just recently joined.
Back to top Go down
Ishkatan
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Ishkatan

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: "Power braking" to smooth out initial acceleration.   "Power braking" to smooth out initial acceleration. I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 8:02 am

I had squealing when I first got the bike and did the "brake while accellerating" to get rid of it. Since then I have developed a heavy hand and simply do wheelies every time the light turns green. Strange cure.

Oh, the new belt has not squealed yet. The old (now spare) looked pretty good and was only a couple mm narrower so the few times I did this did not seem to matter. I would not recommend doing it a lot. Just do wheelies. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.parklawnsailingassociation.org
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178

PostSubject: Re: "Power braking" to smooth out initial acceleration.   "Power braking" to smooth out initial acceleration. I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 8:51 am

Ishkatan wrote:
I had squealing when I first got the bike and did the "brake while accellerating" to get rid of it. Since then I have developed a heavy hand and simply do wheelies every time the light turns green.

It's very interesting on here today, there's one old boy riding his Silver Wing with no hands and flapping his arms pretending he's a bird, we call that 'Orville Syndrome' in the UK. Now you're doing wheelies on yours every time the lights turn green, I really do find that hard to believe. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Ishkatan
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Ishkatan

Number of posts : 203

PostSubject: Re: "Power braking" to smooth out initial acceleration.   "Power braking" to smooth out initial acceleration. I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 9:51 am

Meldrew wrote:
Now you're doing wheelies on yours every time the lights turn green, I really do find that hard to believe. Neutral

Fantasy and perception have little relationship to reality. I think I do therefore I do... king

Or maybe I am a fisherman and the fish is THIS big.
Back to top Go down
http://www.parklawnsailingassociation.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Power braking" to smooth out initial acceleration.   "Power braking" to smooth out initial acceleration. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Power braking" to smooth out initial acceleration.
Page 1 of 1