Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Silverwing Brakes
Givi Air Flow initial review I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 11:57 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Givi Air Flow initial review I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:50 pm

» LF extended back rest
Givi Air Flow initial review I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Givi Air Flow initial review I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
Givi Air Flow initial review I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
Givi Air Flow initial review I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Givi Air Flow initial review I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Givi Air Flow initial review I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Givi Air Flow initial review I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Wed May 08, 2024 12:11 pm

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Givi Air Flow initial review I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Givi Air Flow initial review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ridr44
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-06-04

Givi Air Flow initial review Empty
PostSubject: Givi Air Flow initial review   Givi Air Flow initial review I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 8:58 am

For what it's worth I thought I would give my initial impression of my new AF. As I have reported, I have had two previous SW's and on each I installed the original Givi, so I have experienced that one thoroughly.

It rained last night and I have to work today, it's overcast and the air is a bit wet this morning but I just had to give it a try...

For the maximum isolation from wind and noise, the original Givi is the way to go. The AF does pretty well but leaves some air flowing around your head, and your body, even at the max height. The price one pays for maximum isolation with the original is having the edge of the shield at your eye level. I found that most of the time I would look through the shield with the original. The AF leaves me seeing above the shield even at it's maximum height. I also noticed that the top of the shield bounces around quite a bit, I only went up to 60mph. I wonder how much it will move at 80? I'll try again tomorrow and see how it does. BTW, I purposely rode without gloves this morning and no wind on the hands:)

Hope this helps people decide...Dan
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Givi Air Flow initial review   Givi Air Flow initial review I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 4:02 pm

Mine is good at 80mph so i don't think you'll be disappointed with it.

(tested in France where 80mph is legal)

Cheers,

Last edited by tarmacburner2 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Capital 'F' in France.)
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Givi Air Flow initial review   Givi Air Flow initial review I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 8:24 pm

I can tell you from first hand experience it's solid at a bit over 100mph. One thing I had to do on mine was to reshape the metal brackets a bit better so the rear end where you have to drill through the plastic to get to the welded on nut would lay flatter to the plastic. That little bit of reshaping helped a lot in getting the windshield bezel ends to screw in nice and snug with no gap. Those little metal plates do stiffen up the installation quite a bit. I bolted on the screen without them just to see how solid it would be and got a lot more flex without them than with them. They transmit most of the windload directly to the bike frame rather than just having the plastic carry it. I'd be afraid to mount the thing without the plates in case you get in real heavy wind or a bird hits it. I was out today riding in 40F weather comfortably with an open face helmet. I really like the adjustable shield, it's safer too because you can adjust it so you never have to look through it without being able to see over it.
Back to top Go down
ridr44
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Givi Air Flow initial review   Givi Air Flow initial review I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 9:08 am

Yeah!!! I put the brackets in under my shield...no problem. Thanks for the pics in a previous post...dan
Back to top Go down
rogerscoot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Givi Air Flow initial review   Givi Air Flow initial review I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 9:28 pm

I prefer my AF to the old solid Givi. The main reason being turbulence around my helmet. This has improved considerably up to approx 80mph on French motorways, but then it sets in again, so its good to keep to speed limits. As I'm usually doing 8-10 hour days, it's nice to keep my head in good order.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Givi Air Flow initial review   Givi Air Flow initial review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Givi Air Flow initial review
Page 1 of 1