Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Replacement Parts Nightmare! I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 11:19 am

» New to Me Swing
Replacement Parts Nightmare! I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Replacement Parts Nightmare! I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Replacement Parts Nightmare! I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Replacement Parts Nightmare! I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Replacement Parts Nightmare! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Replacement Parts Nightmare! I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Replacement Parts Nightmare! I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Replacement Parts Nightmare! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Replacement Parts Nightmare! I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Replacement Parts Nightmare!

Go down 
+2
kbcmdba
rcarrillojr
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rcarrillojr
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2012-08-19

Replacement Parts Nightmare! Empty
PostSubject: Replacement Parts Nightmare!   Replacement Parts Nightmare! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 12:21 am

Hello, everyone.

I am frustrated as hell right now because I am looking at fiche sights for parts and they are either too expensive or unavailable.

I have been riding for about 2 months now and I dropped my SW after turning over some algae water at 15mph, appx. The front cover is damaged on the right side, the glove box popped out and is now lost somewhere on the I5 freeway, the steering wheel panel is cracked, the rear right cover is scratched, etc.. Needless to say, I want to fix it. I want to be able to sell my bike one day and leave it in good condition.

Here is the frustration. Honda parts places sell just the glove box in about 10 different parts, which amounts to $191 for the right inner box! This is ridiculous. My question is, where can I buy a complete glove box something more reasonable, like $50 or less?

I need to replace the entire front cover as all the connecting plastic parts are broken.

I'd appreciate any info that might save me money. Sad
Back to top Go down
kbcmdba
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
kbcmdba

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Parts Nightmare!   Replacement Parts Nightmare! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 5:00 am

Not sure about $50, but look for someone trying to part theirs out after wrecking it but not where you want to scavenge. Probably cheaper than fixing the plastic bits.

KB
Back to top Go down
http://kbcmdba.blogspot.com/
Silverwing28681
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Silverwing28681

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2012-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Parts Nightmare!   Replacement Parts Nightmare! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 5:58 am

There is a lot of parts on ebay.com, even if you do not see the pieces you need ask the seller if he or has she has them. They just may and not have them listed yet.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3297
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Parts Nightmare!   Replacement Parts Nightmare! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 8:50 am

Plastic parts for Japanese scooters are expensive....best bet in my opinion, OEM/new from trusted Honda Dealer, with sharp parts man.

Bike/scooter junk yard possible---but they, too, know the new stuff is expensive and so charge for theirs. Insurance coverage?

New,OEM fits and hasn't been cobbled.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Parts Nightmare!   Replacement Parts Nightmare! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:34 pm

Broken parts cost hundreds. Scooter with broken parts = thousands loss at resell time, and looks bad. I was hit by hit and run and it cost over seven hundred to get back on road. I still need to spend another hundred and fifty to make it pretty again. I will buy the last part when money is not so tight. I need one more panel, I thought I would just get pant and have it fixed as it was just scratched. Then found out it cost eighty five dollars for one half pint of the proper paint then need clear cote, thinner, sandpaper, tape, pay someone to paint and so on. Now I realize I mite as well pay the hundred and thirty five plus shipping for the new panel and be done with it.
The labor is not to hard if you have a service manual. If you do tare it apart it is a good time to put on any accessories you may want.
Back to top Go down
acworthpatrick
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2011-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Parts Nightmare!   Replacement Parts Nightmare! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 8:27 am

Not sure if you have tried them yet, but I order everything for my bike from them.

http://www.hondaparts-direct.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Parts Nightmare!   Replacement Parts Nightmare! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Replacement Parts Nightmare!
Page 1 of 1