Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Too Many Rear Pad Replacement Parts? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 1:54 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Too Many Rear Pad Replacement Parts? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Too Many Rear Pad Replacement Parts? I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Too Many Rear Pad Replacement Parts? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Too Many Rear Pad Replacement Parts? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Too Many Rear Pad Replacement Parts? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Too Many Rear Pad Replacement Parts? I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Too Many Rear Pad Replacement Parts? I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Too Many Rear Pad Replacement Parts? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Too Many Rear Pad Replacement Parts? I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Too Many Rear Pad Replacement Parts?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Too Many Rear Pad Replacement Parts? Empty
PostSubject: Too Many Rear Pad Replacement Parts?   Too Many Rear Pad Replacement Parts? I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 5:42 pm

I am in the process of replacing the rear brake pads on my 2003 SWing. I have removed the old pads; however, the new pad set from Honda has more parts that what I removed. What I removed was only the pad (which is the metal plate pushed directly and in direct contact with the piston and the brake lining that is sintered onto this metal plate). What Honda sold me was the plate (with pad attached), a white material (thin) cut-out in the shape of a the pad, and a sheet metal backing plate designed to clip onto the metal brake pad plate. The piston would then push on the sheet metal that in turn pushes onto the thin white material, that pushed on the metal plate with pad attached, then pushes on the rotor. I am wondering why my rear pads (I am 2nd owner) don't have these extra parts and if I should install my rear pads with these extra parts? I have purchased front brake pads and they also come with these extra parts - plus it looks as if these extra parts are installed on my front wheel - but they definitely were not on my back. Hoping to put things back together today and get my bike back in the garage. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by Dimond on Fri May 18, 2012 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Too Many Rear Pad Replacement Parts?   Too Many Rear Pad Replacement Parts? I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 7:12 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Too Many Rear Pad Replacement Parts?   Too Many Rear Pad Replacement Parts? I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 7:15 pm

Thanks BigBird for the clarification so that this installation may properly proceed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Too Many Rear Pad Replacement Parts?   Too Many Rear Pad Replacement Parts? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Too Many Rear Pad Replacement Parts?
Page 1 of 1