Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Drive belt prices
Put a little light on a subject I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Put a little light on a subject I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:12 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Put a little light on a subject I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Put a little light on a subject I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Put a little light on a subject I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Put a little light on a subject I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Put a little light on a subject I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Put a little light on a subject I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Put a little light on a subject I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Put a little light on a subject I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Put a little light on a subject

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Put a little light on a subject Empty
PostSubject: Put a little light on a subject   Put a little light on a subject I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:08 pm

I just completed a project of installing a new switch for my light bar. It is illuminated when off and goes dark when on. I don't know why, it just is that way. For day time riding it is not an issue. I never turn the lights off. However at night, I do turn them off in oncoming traffic. The problem is in cold weather with heavy gloves, I can not see or feel the switch. I expect to learn where it is with experience, but for now, I would like to maybe run a filament of fiber optic fiber from some source to just put a little illumination in the swith area. Do any of you have a suggestion or another idea that would help me?
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Put a little light on a subject   Put a little light on a subject I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:27 pm

Maybe one of those flashlight type lamps that straps around your head would be of value??? Laughing cyclops clown
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Put a little light on a subject   Put a little light on a subject I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:56 pm

Gary, Do you have anything that attaches to your brake reservoir yet?
Kuryakyn makes a Accessory Switch for Master Cylinder Reservoir Cover
Put a little light on a subject ZZ97200_a

This switch is made for goldwing but we use the same reservoir so it will
work on our bike as well.
It will not only give you a switch for the light bar, but two other items to be figured out later.
Not cheap. But get the cover, do it the install once, and have a head start on solving future problems.

There are many other switches on the market too.

Dan
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Put a little light on a subject 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Put a little light on a subject   Put a little light on a subject I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:59 pm

Would luminescent paint work? I don't even know if they make such a product, but a trip to an auto parts store might help. Also would a strip of reflective tape near the switch help until you are comfotable with finding the switch? I like low tech solutions Now Betty may like high tech, but that's for ya'll to decide. Smile
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Put a little light on a subject   Put a little light on a subject I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 10:29 pm

Actually, all three of you have made doable suggestions. I do have (somewhere) one of those little LED clips that clip to the bill of a cap that I might could set something up.

No, Dan, I do not have anything on the reservoir. So, that is an option. I like the looks of that Kuryakyn switch. It is not really all that expensive for all it does. I will consider that, especially if the switch I just installed today doesn't work out. Do you have it and if you do, how do you like it?

Lewis, I do have some reflective tape that I hadn't thought of. I don't do a lot of night riding so I didn't realize what dark was until I drove to town and back today after dark. Could not see anything on the handle bars when I turned the switch off. The tape may work until I get used to it.

I really like the looks of that Kuryakyn switch assembly. May put that on my Christmas list for the grandkids to buy for me. I really have been good this year.

Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Put a little light on a subject   Put a little light on a subject I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 10:48 pm

No Gary I don't have it.
I put my 3 switches into the plastic on the center of the handlebars (see my album for that.)
Those are basic automotive dash switches that you can pick up in an auto parts store. They light up when on, but are easy to find when off.

Dan
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Put a little light on a subject   Put a little light on a subject I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 12:25 pm

Gary,
There is a wide range of illuminated switches on Ebay. You may find something there that stays lit whilst in both the on and off positions.
Worth a look on your ebay over the pond.

Cheers,

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Put a little light on a subject   Put a little light on a subject I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Put a little light on a subject
Page 1 of 1