Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Anyone interested in converting their rear turn signals to be additional brake or running lights? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Drive belt prices
Anyone interested in converting their rear turn signals to be additional brake or running lights? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Anyone interested in converting their rear turn signals to be additional brake or running lights? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Anyone interested in converting their rear turn signals to be additional brake or running lights? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
Anyone interested in converting their rear turn signals to be additional brake or running lights? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Anyone interested in converting their rear turn signals to be additional brake or running lights? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Anyone interested in converting their rear turn signals to be additional brake or running lights? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Anyone interested in converting their rear turn signals to be additional brake or running lights? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Anyone interested in converting their rear turn signals to be additional brake or running lights? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Anyone interested in converting their rear turn signals to be additional brake or running lights? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Anyone interested in converting their rear turn signals to be additional brake or running lights?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bikerdaryl
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-05-24

Anyone interested in converting their rear turn signals to be additional brake or running lights? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone interested in converting their rear turn signals to be additional brake or running lights?   Anyone interested in converting their rear turn signals to be additional brake or running lights? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 5:05 pm

I have been debating on making a kit to modify the Silverwing rear turn signals into something more... The usually dark space where your turn signals would be turned into a running light or a brake light and would overrided when your turn signal is activated.

While I could just do it to my bike, I could make into a kit if I spend the time/money to do it right the first time so I could recreate it for others.. I just do not want to spend time or money on something I would only be interested in..

I believe that the kit will cost $75-100 but will have everything that you will need to directly plug in except for the red light bulbs ( i might even be able to include them too but thought people might opt for LED versions instead.)

Instead of splicing your current wiring harness, I would sell a replacement one so that you could leave the old in place to restore if you ever wanted to.
I think it is better to replace than to rewire the exisiting wiring harness so you can always take it back to the factory original.

I know that $75-100 sounds high, but unfortunely a kit like this would mean replacing several pieces and it just adds to the cost..

No matter if you replace or splice into the existing wire harness, you must still replace the light sockets but you can still return to factory original if you keep the ones removed.

According to most States and Federal laws, a rear turn signal cannot always be lit when it is amber but may be lit if it is red.

So would anyone be interested? Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Buickguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2011-04-10

Anyone interested in converting their rear turn signals to be additional brake or running lights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in converting their rear turn signals to be additional brake or running lights?   Anyone interested in converting their rear turn signals to be additional brake or running lights? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 6:39 pm

You would need to make the lights red, yes.
I did that on my Rebel. It does add some visibility to the rear of the bike.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in converting their rear turn signals to be additional brake or running lights?   Anyone interested in converting their rear turn signals to be additional brake or running lights? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 5:54 am

I'll be a 'No'.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
trouble1100
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
trouble1100

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2010-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in converting their rear turn signals to be additional brake or running lights?   Anyone interested in converting their rear turn signals to be additional brake or running lights? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 6:54 am

http://www.electricalconnection.com/other-lighting/tsk-main.htm
Back to top Go down
bikerdaryl
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Problem with their kit   Anyone interested in converting their rear turn signals to be additional brake or running lights? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 11:24 am

trouble1100 wrote:
http://www.electricalconnection.com/other-lighting/tsk-main.htm
The problem with their kit is either having to drill and install led bulbs or using a ring of led lights around the base of the bulb..
I have used both types of their kits and while they were ok, I think there is some room for improvement.

Either way, if a led burns out, you have to buy another from them and of course led lights are not quite as bright.

My idea would be replaceable by any regular bulb or led replacement. Also it would not modify the original bike wring depending on how you install.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in converting their rear turn signals to be additional brake or running lights?   Anyone interested in converting their rear turn signals to be additional brake or running lights? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone interested in converting their rear turn signals to be additional brake or running lights?
Page 1 of 1