Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
What's your favorite tire? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
What's your favorite tire? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
What's your favorite tire? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
What's your favorite tire? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
What's your favorite tire? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
What's your favorite tire? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
What's your favorite tire? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
What's your favorite tire? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
What's your favorite tire? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
What's your favorite tire? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

What's your favorite tire?

Go down 
+7
roadrunner
masscoot
AAAA
bigbird
BlackFly
pancho
Scooterian
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Scooterian
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Scooterian

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-02-03

What's your favorite tire? Empty
PostSubject: What's your favorite tire?   What's your favorite tire? I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 4:07 pm

Other than the Dark Side option, I'm wondering what tires you guys like best. I just removed my rear wheel to replace the tire. It was a Pirelli Diablo. It's a great tire but I only got about 4k on it. I'm thinking about trying a Bridgestone Hoop. --Scott in Maine
Back to top Go down
pancho
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
pancho

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite tire?   What's your favorite tire? I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 4:23 pm

I have 7300 miles on my hoop,more than 3/4 gone....I will go to the darkside,did on my other motorcycles. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
BlackFly
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
BlackFly

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-11-20

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite tire?   What's your favorite tire? I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 5:02 pm

I have a pair of hoops (it's working fine) installed from the owner before but i will install a pair of Metzeler Feelfree Wintec (it's working better Wink and german law sais i have to install winter tires in Winter) this autumn because of my experience with my Burgman 650
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite tire?   What's your favorite tire? I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 8:05 pm

I like the kind that is properly inflated, correctly balanced, has lots of tread, and has no leaks.
Other than that, I'm partial to Pirelli Diablo.
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite tire?   What's your favorite tire? I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 10:29 pm

There's really not a plethora of good tires for the s-wing, IMO. I would still like to see a good dual compound. A bike like this, begs for em!
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite tire?   What's your favorite tire? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 8:49 am

Scott,

Look at the MetelerFeelfree. I made the change from the hoops last season. Most miles from a rear hoop was 6-7K. So far the Metzeler has delivered 6k+ with many more to go! No visible cuts or tread cracking. Mounted early last year for for $35 it held pressure even over the long winter we have had (something the hoops never did). I check my tire pressure before each ride and I am very pleased with this brand. The ride feels a little softer than the hoops (similar to the Pirelli reports) and they play well in the wet. I hope to make the entire second season on this one (last season 5.5k this years estimate about the same).
Back to top Go down
roadrunner
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
roadrunner

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite tire?   What's your favorite tire? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:27 am

I've been happy with the Bridgestone Hoops. They seem to stick well enough and I'm getting decent mileage -- changed the original rear at 11.5K miles (replaced with a new Hoop) and I'm about to get a new front Hoop at 14K.
Back to top Go down
Buickguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2011-04-10

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite tire?   What's your favorite tire? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 11:27 am

I haven't had to do tires on the SWing yet but I am excited about the Metzler offering. Of all the tires I ran on my old BMW, I liked the Metzlers the best.
Back to top Go down
Bobben
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-11-13

PostSubject: Metzeler Tires   What's your favorite tire? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:04 pm

Hello.
I have just ordered new Bridgestone Hoops at a supplier that also sypply Metzeler tires,(Bought new Metzeler tires for a 83 Honda VF 750 F), Because the company said that the Metzeler FeelFree Vintec was not made in the right dimmensions that would fit the 02 swing.
Putting them on Tuesday.
Anybody tested the min/max tiresize ?

Bob
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite tire?   What's your favorite tire? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:27 pm

"Gunnars" (screen name) on the silverwing.org has written extensively about tires (I think that he really likes Heidenau best).

Jon
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite tire?   What's your favorite tire? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 2:13 pm

Scott,

I had the OEM tires (Hoops) and they lasted about 10,000 miles but I think I could have gotten another 1,000 miles or so on them. I then put the Diablo's on twice and really liked them. I think they make the SWing ride a bit nicer and they do feel stickier too. After 2 sets of Diablo's I then had the Metzlers put on and I think they may be a bit stickier than the Diablo's. I only have about 4,000 miles on the Metzlers at this point, and they seem to be wearing nice, so I don't know how long they will last.

If the Metzler's last as long as the Diablo's I will probably put them on again. But they are all good tires and I think the Hoop's last the longest. I'm not sure why you only got about 4,000 miles on the Diablo's. Maybe it's the weather you get or the roads but I got about 9,000 miles on both sets of mine and could have went another 1,000 miles or so. But you may want to try the Hoops since it seems they would last longer, at least for me. Have you been pretty good about keeping the right amount of air, or even a bit more? I run a few extra lbs of air in my tires and it seems to prevent cupping more.

(If anyone wants to cut and paste the info that Gunnars put on the silverwing.org site please do. Some of us hooligans aren't allowed to even visit the site.) lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite tire?   What's your favorite tire? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's your favorite tire?
Page 1 of 1