Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
What's Your Favorite Mod? I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
What's Your Favorite Mod? I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» checking the oil
What's Your Favorite Mod? I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Fri May 03, 2024 7:41 am

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
What's Your Favorite Mod? I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
What's Your Favorite Mod? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
What's Your Favorite Mod? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
What's Your Favorite Mod? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
What's Your Favorite Mod? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
What's Your Favorite Mod? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
What's Your Favorite Mod? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

What's Your Favorite Mod?

Go down 
+4
JeffR
KurtPerthWA
jdeereanton
Scooterian
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Scooterian
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Scooterian

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-02-03

What's Your Favorite Mod? Empty
PostSubject: What's Your Favorite Mod?   What's Your Favorite Mod? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 8:04 am

I'm curious. Other than windshields (which I consider more of a necessity than a mod) what is your favorite modification? While I really like my iso grips, I'd have to say my Givi top box wins out.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Mod?   What's Your Favorite Mod? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 8:52 am

This may fall into some folks definition of a necessity, but our custom saddles have to rank as my favorite modification,
What's Your Favorite Mod? Seat_a10
followed closely by the change out of the painted pieces of our '05 Swing dashboards for the '07 and later textured black plastic dashboards.

Oh - let me add the switchable underseat light. This is really a great addition and has protected me from a drained battery many times.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Mod?   What's Your Favorite Mod? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 9:51 am

I'm with jdeereanton on the switchable underseat light.
First thing I did to it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Mod?   What's Your Favorite Mod? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 3:34 pm

Heated grips it's Cold over here at present
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Mod?   What's Your Favorite Mod? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 4:57 pm

My favorite mod is the J. Costa variator. I really gives the SWing much more performance. I also think changing the windshield out is a must, at least for taller riders. The top case is really good too but the J. Costa trumps that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
scooterbob
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
scooterbob

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Mod?   What's Your Favorite Mod? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 5:52 pm

My favorite mod was putting mirror extenders and hand guards on the scoot. These pictures are of my 03, but it is also the first thing I did on my 08.

What's Your Favorite Mod? Deflec10

On this picture you can see where I trimmed the hand guards to clear the windshield.

What's Your Favorite Mod? Deflec11

Next favorite would by the backrest, then the power outlet. Followed by the GPS, alarm system, tunnel bag, CB ant. mount & radio, LED stop light license plate holder, ect. ect. ect.

Have a great day
bob
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Mod?   What's Your Favorite Mod? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 7:08 pm

I'd have to say my Givi top box for now...............since I don't have too many
farkles right now.
Back to top Go down
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Mod?   What's Your Favorite Mod? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 10:13 pm

What's Your Favorite Mod? 003My GPS (Thanks to DennisB's mount) and my amp/speakers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.windycitylaser.com/flying.htm
Ghost_rider
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ghost_rider

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Mod?   What's Your Favorite Mod? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 12:52 am

The mods i have on my 04 swing are running
lights on the rear with the blinkers. I also
have a led display under the spoiler. The
throttlerocker is a great relief on the right
hand. Plus i have the stabel air horn and
that thing is LOUD.
Ghost rider Greg
Houston tx usa
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Mod?   What's Your Favorite Mod? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 5:43 am

I think it is difficult to have a definitive favourite "mod" as they all add up to personalise your "S'wing" to suit you.... The end package has a very different feel to the stock S'wing, which lets face it, is a pretty damn good machine anyway!

Best luggage Mod.... Givi monolock topbox (check out E-bay!) I went for a 46 litre one..... good enough for another two helmets(the trick is to turn one of them on their side to get both in!)

Best comfort mod..... laminar lip and ears (though an airhawk seat cushion is good as well for long runs)

Best economy mod..... Power commander (improved fuel economy, more so with the dyno, engine much smoother, throttle response also much better)

Best safety mod...... Hyperpro progressive springs (better ride handling and slightly better braking, and control under braking) Have also had a two tone car horn fitted... I think bikes and scoots should have these as standard....

Best performance mod..... J Costa Variator (also reduces belt slap, and is noiser than the stock variator, makes a buzzy more business like sound)

Best feel good factor...... Free flowing exhaust can (though the J Costa, is good for nosie too, except that with the louder exhaust you don't hear the variator noise)

If I could only have one mod, it would be the J Costa variator, which IMHO makes the most significant change with improved acceleration, at the expense of a little low speed, and average speed fuel economy. Over 70mph it actually improves the economy. After that my next choice would in addition be the power commander, and then the hyperpro progressive springs.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my S'wing first as a fun commuter then as a project and a hobby, and now as part of an expression of my mid life crisis Exclamation, (I think?) and a practical fun machine that keeps me sane. I suppose I was so impressed with the S'wing that my intention was to see if it could be tweaked to become a genuine replacement for a similar type of "motorbike" that is a comfortable and competent commuter/tourer.... I believe that in all respects it achieves this, though you could argue that the 0-60mph time is not quite in the same league as a similar bike, but it's fast enough for a big scooter and holds it own well in the traffic! For instance I don't think that there is a bike which can carry as much luggage and still fit through the narrow gaps that the S'wing can on a busy commute. PLus you are always in the right gear Exclamation. In retrospect I am well pleased that I went for the Honda as with regard to enhanced performance, as I think it now tops the competition notably the 650 Burgie and T-Max, and though not quite as fast or as powerfull as the Gilera GP800, it's not far behind, and it is more comfortable. So I have to ask myself, in this increasingly competetitive area, why don't Honda at least provide options to enhance the S'wing as a standard....? Potentially there is a big market out there.... I wonder what they do about this if anything in the future....?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Mod?   What's Your Favorite Mod? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's Your Favorite Mod?
Page 1 of 1