Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
end of silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 4:55 pm

» I said Farewell...
end of silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
end of silverwing I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
end of silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
end of silverwing I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
end of silverwing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
end of silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
end of silverwing I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
end of silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
end of silverwing I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

end of silverwing

Go down 
+6
dickie
matthew
jdeereanton
Cosmic_Jumper
bigbird
john grinsel
10 posters
AuthorMessage
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3295
Registration date : 2009-08-18

end of silverwing Empty
PostSubject: end of silverwing   end of silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 8:26 am

Got blasted and buffeted on a couple of 25 degree F mornings the other day.

Givi Adjustable Windshield, which doesn't do much after 70mph. So tried my Clearview with GoldWing Vent and added Laminar Lip, still uncomfortable....then stock shield with Lip. Took next route because I can----got rid of bike.

Visited the 2 local Honda shops, one would not take SilverWing in on trade for new NT700V ABS, but he would trade for used NT700V non ABS. Crazy, I don't buy used bikes unless almost given to me. Bike among other things is transportation tool for me----new works better with warranty. Next shop made me deal on new Non ABS NT700V----only $100 more for new as opposed to used at other dealer.

So after near 250,000 miles of rubber band drive scooters and their buffeting---because of windshields being too far from your nose.....my Kawasaki Concours also buffeted me for 56,000 miles.

Previous NT test ride, showed no or little buffeting, comfortable (and proper) lean forward riding position, I bought one---still mickey mouse rear wheel removal, rear fender and muffler need to be removed and the pesky muffler packing.

So far bike is fine---for me as stroke person, forced using of left leg and foot for shifting and left hand for clutch, great. All movements require concentration, that with time become later become automatic.

Few mods required to use comfortably---Givi Rack for my E46 500,000 box, Throttle Meister for throttle stop (NEP doesn't work well). Idiots designed side opening bags or they don't ride---gravity causes stuff to fall out on opening---somewhat solved with $7 bags from WalMart. Locked carrying capacity more difficult to use than scooter, except when stuff for trip is on seat.

Warning---after more than 75 new bikes dealer prep sucks. Mine was missing two important foot rest support bolts, wrong tire pressure, no gas, they didn't even bother to set clock.

Stayed tuned I am going to have give away with some stipulations of SilverWing stuff. As I lead charmed life, just months away from 72 birthday, I have beern asked to return to work in my profession at rate of pay that allows me to waste a lot of money on bike stuff. A couple of things I will have to charge for.

John Grinsel By the way after Bridestone OEM, IRC and in end Michelin, orginal Bridestone work best
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

end of silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: end of silverwing   end of silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 10:05 am

john grinsel wrote:

Stayed tuned I am going to have give away with some stipulations of SilverWing stuff.

Does this make me first in line for free stuff?
I promise not to tease you any more about dirty Tennessee bathrooms.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

end of silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: end of silverwing   end of silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 10:18 am

Hmmm...Not that I want a 'gimme', but I'm sure interested in what Silverwing goodies you may want to sell.

Tim
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

end of silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: end of silverwing   end of silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 10:47 am

John,

Congratulations and good luck.

Last edited by jdeereanton on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correct a spelling error.)
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

Number of posts : 361

end of silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: end of silverwing   end of silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 3:19 pm

Ride safe, John, and good fortune in your new work.
Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238

end of silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: end of silverwing   end of silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 6:56 pm

John, best of luck with the new bike, stay in touch. I for one will miss your contributions to this forum. God Bless,..........Dick
Back to top Go down
wayneliz
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wayneliz

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2010-09-10

end of silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: end of silverwing   end of silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 7:47 pm

Good luck John- don't let your refound work interfere too much with your 2 wheel joy.

Ride safe
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

end of silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: end of silverwing   end of silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 7:55 pm

Best of luck to ya' John G. Take care and let us hear from ya'.
Back to top Go down
redeye
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-10-13

end of silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: end of silverwing   end of silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 8:02 pm

Congratulations on the new ride. The NT700 is high on my list of interesting motorcycles to consider in the future. Safe journeys to you!
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

end of silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: end of silverwing   end of silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 9:20 pm

John,

Congrats on the new bike and hope you enjoy it. It is a bike that I have liked for some time now. After you get a few more miles on it please write up a comparison if you find time. I just sat on the bike again when I was at the shop a few days back. Congrats.

Here are a couple of sites if you didn't already know of them:

http://www.nt-owners.org/

http://www.deauvilleuk.org/forum/

Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Sponsored content

end of silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: end of silverwing   end of silverwing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

end of silverwing
Page 1 of 1