Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

United States map of states you have visited !!!

Go down 
+28
Meldrew
Cosmic_Jumper
Black Sapper
lalee
JeffR_
ridr44
jdeereanton
Somerled
SamHouston73
papa johns
honda_silver
CathyN
smorkle
MaxB
DennisB
Opalsboy
Sweendog
roadrunner
Windrider
redeye
"Hi Yo"
KurtPerthWA
pja
matthew
midlifecrisis (Paul)
GaryL
joncallihan
JeffR
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 11:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi,

Here is a site where you can put the map of the U.S., Canada, and Mexico..of states you have visited.

Here is how I did it (although someone may have better instructions):

1) Go to the website and choose the map/maps you want.

2) Choose the states/provinces you have visited. If you choose more than one map you will need to save each one seperately, and post them in your signature seperately too.

3) Right click on each map you want to save and hit "Save As" and then give it a name. i.e. U.S. Map...Canada Map etc.

4) Go to your profile and then to "Signature" and then you will need to hit "Host an Image" and put it at the bottom of your signature. Choose the smallest size when it asks you which one to use. There are about 4 sizes to choose from and if you choose the forum size it will probably take the entire post. Make sure before you "host an image" that your cursor is in the proper place in your signature.

5) Once you get it there make sure you hit "Save" or it will not save to your signature.

http://www.epgsoft.com/VisitedStatesMap/

IF YOU USE A LARGER MAP IT WILL TAKE LONGER FOR THE PAGES TO LOAD. FOR THOSE WITHOUT HIGH-SPEED INTERNET IT WILL REALLY EFFECT THEIR DOWNLOAD SPEED. PLEASE ONLY USE THE SMALLEST MAP WHEN DOING THIS TO BE CONSIDERATE OF THOSE WITHOUT HIGH-SPEED INTERNET. THANKS

Even though I have almost 33,000 miles on my SWing I have only been in California and Nevada, and I didn't go very far at all into Nevada. But I don't get a chance to tour at all. I have always wondered where people get these maps and found this.

Hope it works.

Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

AuthorMessage
Somerled
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Somerled

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-06-02

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 1:43 am

Hmm, wondering if I should keep Canada and Mexico.... anybody wanna vote?
Back to top Go down
Somerled
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Somerled

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 2:02 am

Heh, think I voted all by myself. It was just too busy with the other two, and besides, I have more than a dozen countries in Europe and even Afghanistan that I couldn't put up there too.

United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 2ea0cf3f
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:07 am

I believe the intent was states (territories, provinces, countries, etc.) where one has ridden the Silverwing or motorcylce. I've been to quite a few exotic locales while in the employ of my uncle, but only rode a motorbike in one of them.

Have ridden the north shore of the UP of Michigan (rode through Marquette) on a Honda Reflex while riding the Lake Superior Circle tour.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
Somerled
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Somerled

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 11:31 am

And that's what I was talking about. That's what my map shows and what the two I dropped would show. If I did a map of Europe it would also show where I've ridden a motorcycle. The picture above shows me about to take a spin in Afghanistan. I settled on just what states I've ridden in though as anything else is just too busy for a signature. If I was to show merely what states I've been to it would show the entire lower 48.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 10:41 pm

I was helping someone to setup their United States map.

From "Profile" button
Click "Signature"
Click "Host an image button"
- I logged in uploaded the image

In the "Edit signature" box I added the URL from the upload for the Image

[~img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f44/13/84/20/85/11072211.jpg[/img]

Remove the "~" above.

When I previewed the signature everything worked ... except when I posted a test.

From "Profile" button
Click "Preferences"
Click "Always attach my signature :" to "Yes"

Then the posts successfully showed the map below:
United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 11072211
Back to top Go down
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 12:36 am

u p tom wrote:
I have noticed that no one has listed Michigan as a place visited. I'm not concerned. You are following the wisdom of our pioneer ancestors who must have encountered the first swamps and mosquitoes and said this ain't the right place, then headed back south and then west. Pioneers had wisdom. In modern times you will encounter rough roads and chilly winds. There is much more favorable territory to explore in this great country. I live here and have no money to move so I do like to hear about your travels ... and dream.

I have been through Michigan twice on bikes. Camped in the UP and went accross the long bridge (name lost in memries) Mackinac ????
While there I had a confusing vegetable for a day untill I stopped and asked.
"What are deer carrots???? " I had raised several varieties but not those. hahaha
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 6:52 am

For those wishing to post map of states they have visited. WARNING!!! Read the entire post if you have trouble and you won't feel alone. Smile
Back to top Go down
ridr44
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-06-04

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 10:13 am

I am having the same trouble that has been mentioned. Can't get the past the hosting part...Dan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 9:43 am

Never ridden a scooter or motorcyle in the U.S,but I have driven & played golf/sea fished in these ......

United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 VisitedStatesMap_zpsf598337d

Most memorable ...
Arizona,it was snowing at the Grand Canyon on a bright sunny day scratch Meteor crater was amazing & drove a bit of Route 66 Cool 
All over New England in the fall,stunning scenery
South Carolina,'gators sunbathing on the tee's affraid 
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 10:02 pm

Hi,

I'm just posting on this old post to bump it.  For those of that haven't seen this in awhile you can download this and post all the states you have been to.

Just go to the very first post on page 1 !!!
Back to top Go down
lalee
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2013-11-09

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 10:22 pm

I put mine in my signature. I wish I could finish the east coast sometime.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 7:33 am

That's funny, mine looks blank!
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 7:43 am

KurtPerthWA wrote:
That's funny, mine looks blank!
Are you referring to your map or your future?  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Black Sapper
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 8:41 am

I notice there appears to be no mention of one of the most famous motorcycling destinations in the world, the Isle of Man.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 9:51 am

Black Sapper wrote:
I notice there appears to be no mention of one of the most famous motorcycling destinations in the world, the Isle of Man.

That would be for enlightened motorcycling. However here we have Sturgis, dystopia for the Loud 'n Proud.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 9:57 am

Just the map HiYo, just the map.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 12:11 pm

Black Sapper wrote:

No one needs to mention the Isle of Man, if you look it's there on the European map as part of Great Britain.

I can't say I every fancied going over to the TT even in my biking days when I could see the Isle of Man from the West Cumbrian coast. I find a day of wall to wall bikers at at a UK race meeting bad enough, and a weekend at the Bol D'or 24- Hour Endurance Race at Circuit Paul Ricard in France was worse, especially when the sun bake tin roofed, hole-in-the ground toilets filled to overflowing.  Mad
Back to top Go down
ScooterBJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2013-11-14

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 2:00 pm

Meldrew wrote:
No one needs to mention the Isle of Man, if you look it's there on the European map as part of Great Britain.

For me, as a teenager in the early '70's The Isle of Man holds a bit of Motorsport romance gleaned from well worn motorcycle magazines. Though I am unlikely to ever manage to work it out, I would love to do a maxi-scoot tour of the British Isles. The Isle of Man would certainly be on my route, just to ride those famous streets.
Back to top Go down
Mottza
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Mottza

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2021-07-21

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 4:16 am

Not many for me...

United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 Visite10

UK counties wise, all but 2 (Merseyside and Northumberland)
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 9:55 am

United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 Visite10
Ride: AMTRAK
QANTAS
++++
DH Beaver, Lake Coeur d'Alene in Idaho
Big Ferry in WA Tacoma to Seattle
3 x domestic flights SF to Long Beach to LV and return to LA
flight over Grand Canyon
flight in chopper over Niagara Falls inc Canada
overnighted at McCord AFB.
And a few days around Buffalo NY
toured Yosemite, DC, NYC, SF, Seattle
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2021 5:30 am

I'm late to the game here, Pennsylvania, Florida, Washington, Oregon, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Texas.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2561
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2021 7:40 am

I thought I had already done this one but I guess not; must have been for another forum. In any case I logged states for ANY motorcycle I owned.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2021 8:17 am

All the lower 48 states 2 of Canadas providences, not trailering but for the most part pulling a trailer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

United States map of states you have visited !!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2