Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
Europe Countries you have visited I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Europe Countries you have visited I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Europe Countries you have visited I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
Europe Countries you have visited I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Europe Countries you have visited I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Europe Countries you have visited I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Europe Countries you have visited I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Europe Countries you have visited I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Europe Countries you have visited I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Europe Countries you have visited I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Europe Countries you have visited

Go down 
+14
Mike from NS
Cosmic_Jumper
smellybeard
Mottza
Meldrew
Old Limey
Modernman1953
gremlin
beermebeerme1
john grinsel
Bluerider3
cotetoi
KurtPerthWA
JeffR_
18 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

Europe Countries you have visited Empty
PostSubject: Europe Countries you have visited   Europe Countries you have visited I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 11:32 am

http://www.29travels.com/travelmap/europe.php

Hi,

For those in Europe or who have ridden in Europe. Now you can put the countries on your map.

If you go to the Map Generator towards the bottom you can select other continents.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Day ride through the Palatian forests and mountains, Germany April 2015   Europe Countries you have visited I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 9:27 am

Hi all
My wife and I did a European holiday back in April May. We stayed with family for a few days and hired a Beemer for a day.

http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=t&chs=440x220&chd=s:AA&chco=ccffcc,00aaff,ffcc99&chld=DECH&chtm=europe&chf=bg,s,77ccff
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Europe Countries you have visited   Europe Countries you have visited I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 8:35 pm

From London, UK in 1977 : I did a whirlwind tour of France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany and Luxembourg in a Triumph TR6 with a couple of buddies in 5 days. That rear seat is only an illusion after an hour or two. Went to France several times after that and from Canada after 1988. In 1990, I went to Portugal and drove thru Spain to Biarritz, France. 2003, 2008 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. 2005 , went to Brussels, Belgium for the day from Paris. Several trips to Mauritius, my birthplace.
These were all before my two-wheeling days. On my next visit to Biarritz, I hope to hop on two wheels and do some Pays Basque and Pyrenees touring before I hang up the spurs or whatever it is we use to egg the two-wheeled beasts.
Living in Canada, barely an hour from the US border, I shop in the US practically on a weekly basis.
Jay.
http://goo.gl/Fxe4VJ
Back to top Go down
Bluerider3
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2017-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Europe Countries you have visited   Europe Countries you have visited I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 4:33 pm

Late 90's my family and my wife's parents went to Europe to visit her father's relatives. Went through Germany, Austria, Luxembourg, France and Hungary. Got to ride a Borrowed K75 BMW in Germany and Austria. Loved the autobonn and trying out the different beers in each town.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3295
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Europe Countries you have visited   Europe Countries you have visited I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 8:12 am

As this is scooter/two wheel forum how about limiting in put to countries you have actually ridden in, not visited by car.
Back to top Go down
Bluerider3
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2017-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Europe Countries you have visited   Europe Countries you have visited I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 9:24 am

Visited Germany, Austria, Luxembourg, France and Hungary. Road a borrowed K75 BMW in Germany and Austria.
Back to top Go down
beermebeerme1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2016-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Europe Countries you have visited   Europe Countries you have visited I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 4:35 pm

I've been to England, Ireland, Switzerland, France, and Italy. After last year's trip to Italy and France, I came home and bought a silverwing the next day. True story. I was impressed by the numbers and the skills of the riders there. Fearless they are.

I came home on Thursday, looked on line, and bought an 03 with 16k miles. Though I didn't ride in Europe, I was certainly inspired while I was there.
Back to top Go down
gremlin
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
gremlin

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2015-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Europe Countries you have visited   Europe Countries you have visited I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 5:55 pm

john grinsel wrote:
As this is scooter/two wheel forum how about limiting in put to countries you have actually ridden in, not visited by car.

I agree John,

btw, did I ever tell you that I did a train trip through France, Germany, Austria, Italy.................. jocolor
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3295
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Europe Countries you have visited   Europe Countries you have visited I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 7:05 pm

Actually ridden in: Germany/France/Holland/Belguim/Monaco/Italy/Austria/Leichenstein/Hungary/Austria/Andorra/DDR/Norway/Sweden/Finland/Denmark/ others cannot remember right now. Bikes, BMW/Kawasaki/Honda/MZ/NSU/ Scooters=Vespa, PX150E. Messerschmitt KR-200, cabin scooter....nice feature in winter=heater.

Took place 1958-2010---I don't care for cars
Back to top Go down
Modernman1953
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2016-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Europe Countries you have visited   Europe Countries you have visited I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 2:38 am

My father was a career soldier and served 6 years in Germany.

I went to high school in Wurzburg, HS. Visited many countries but the best was East Berlin, through Check Point Charlie.

Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Europe Countries you have visited   Europe Countries you have visited I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 2:02 pm

Never ridden in any country ,but, my own well, I suppose Wales is another country technically. Never wanted to either. I love riding and rarely go more than two days without riding except, when I go on Holiday (Vacation, as USA say). I like to go away completely from what I normally do, I don't drink alcohol except on holiday, I don't travel by bus except on holiday, I like someone else to cook my food make my bed and clean my room whilst I and my wife wander around taking in the sites. My wife does not share my two wheel enthusiasm, and never has. I still cover an average of ten thousand miles a year and never tire of the places i like to visit, each to their own I say. Smile
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Europe Countries you have visited   Europe Countries you have visited I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 2:42 pm

The countries I have ridden in are in blue on the map of Europe under my Signature. I'm still interested in touring, but certainly over the last few years I've found it's much easier to fly somewhere in Europe for short breaks. Mrs M does the planning and organises them for us both and I don't have to go through the usual prep, planning, booking, and packing than goes with maxi touring.

I've never subscribed to 'it's more about the journey than the destination' school of thought anyway, so either way works for me.
Back to top Go down
Mottza
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Mottza

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2021-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Europe Countries you have visited   Europe Countries you have visited I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 4:24 am

By Bike
Europe Countries you have visited Chart?cht=t&chs=440x220&chd=s:AAA&chco=ccffcc,00aaff,ffcc99&chld=BEFRGR&chtm=europe&chf=bg,s,77ccff

Countries visited
Europe Countries you have visited Chart?cht=t&chs=440x220&chd=s:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA&chco=ccffcc,00aaff,ffcc99&chld=BEBGHRCZFRDEGRHUIEITNLPLPTSIESTRGB&chtm=europe&chf=bg,s,77ccff
Back to top Go down
smellybeard
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2020-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Europe Countries you have visited   Europe Countries you have visited I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 12:10 pm

To celebrate the introduction of the Euro, I went on a trip with some friends (as passengers of a few nominated drivers) to have a beer in as many countries in one day as we could - paying in euros in each. Starting from the Netherlands where we went down to Belgium, France back into Belgium, Luxembourg and finished off in Trier in Germany.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Europe Countries you have visited   Europe Countries you have visited I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 1:48 pm

smellybeard wrote:
To celebrate the introduction of the Euro, I went on a trip with some friends (as passengers of a few nominated drivers) to have a beer in as many countries in one day as we could - paying in euros in each. Starting from the Netherlands where we went down to Belgium, France back into Belgium, Luxembourg and finished off in Trier in Germany.

Oh that sounds like a noble pub crawl if even there was one. Kudos.
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2013-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Europe Countries you have visited   Europe Countries you have visited I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 4:22 pm

Toured parts of England in 1994 with the prime target Blackpool. For the Backpool Dance Festival. Back to the UK in 1997 with Northern Ireland the prime focus, with the rest of the trip back to London. Left for home on the Thursday before Diana's Saturday car accident. A couple of great trips. Talk about a pub crawl, Tim.

This was many years before any two wheeled riding.

Mike
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Europe Countries you have visited   Europe Countries you have visited I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 5:55 pm

England, Wales, Scotland, Belgium, Netherlands, France, Germany, Austria, Italy, Yugoslavia (it was when I went there), Norway and Sweden.
The first six I have ridden in and all but Norway I've driven or been driven in.
I visited Norway during a Schools Cruise.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1381
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Europe Countries you have visited   Europe Countries you have visited I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 8:54 pm

I lived in Germany for two years on Uncle Sam's paid vacation plan, Army. I bought a car Dollar to Mark ratio was so good you could buy a decent used car for $1500 bucks. Traveled at bit when I had the time off. 1976 Ford Capri in lime green ran well and had some good times. Young and dumb describes it well.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Europe Countries you have visited   Europe Countries you have visited I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2021 3:05 am

Once upon a time I used to have that European map on my Signature, anyway apart from England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, and Ireland.

Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, including the old Iron Curtain era East Germany. Similarly the old Czechoslovakia and since then the Czech Republic and Slovakia, Pre and post Iron Curtain Hungary, Poland, Croatia, Montenegro. France, Spain, Gibraltar, Portugal, and Andorra. Luxembourg, Malta, Austria, Italy, Greece, a few of the Greek islands, Turkey, and Sweden.
Back to top Go down
fs23454
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2022-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Europe Countries you have visited   Europe Countries you have visited I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2022 12:21 pm

I was stationed overseas for close to 14 years. Italy, France, Germany, Spain and Israel.
Temporarily deployed to fun places like, Grenada, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Bahrain, UAE, Dubai, Fujah and Turkey.
I might be missing a few but, you get the picture. I've been around on ships and lived in several.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Europe Countries you have visited   Europe Countries you have visited I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2022 2:44 pm

Guernsey, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Denmark, Norway, Gibraltar, lived in Spain for a while. Also went to the Isle of Wight twice! Lived in Libya and Malta as a child but that don't count! I much prefer driving and riding on the Continent; there's so much more space  small moped
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Europe Countries you have visited   Europe Countries you have visited I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Europe Countries you have visited
Page 1 of 1