Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Locally we call the Swing "The Harley Buster" I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:39 am

» Drive belt prices
Locally we call the Swing "The Harley Buster" I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Locally we call the Swing "The Harley Buster" I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Locally we call the Swing "The Harley Buster" I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Locally we call the Swing "The Harley Buster" I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Locally we call the Swing "The Harley Buster" I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Locally we call the Swing "The Harley Buster" I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Locally we call the Swing "The Harley Buster" I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Locally we call the Swing "The Harley Buster" I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Locally we call the Swing "The Harley Buster" I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Locally we call the Swing "The Harley Buster"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
compguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
compguy

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2010-10-11

Locally we call the Swing "The Harley Buster" Empty
PostSubject: Locally we call the Swing "The Harley Buster"   Locally we call the Swing "The Harley Buster" I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 8:29 pm

Why? Because when they take off fast from a say a red light they have to pull the clutch, even though for a spit second and the Swing keeps power to the rear wheel all the time and continues to pull away. Not that I have anything against Harleys and I'm not sure if I'd ever try that cause I'm sure some of them would get upset. Twisted Evil

Anyone else heard of this?

Keith
Iowa
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Locally we call the Swing "The Harley Buster"   Locally we call the Swing "The Harley Buster" I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 8:37 pm

Harleys always look nice in the rear view mirror.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Locally we call the Swing "The Harley Buster"   Locally we call the Swing "The Harley Buster" I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 2:20 am

Twice in the past few months I've had the pleasure of "scootering" a Harley 883 Sportster across an intersection. The second time was with the same guy who was ready for me after having been beaten the first time. It didn't matter, the SW still beat him across the intersection. I don't know how long the scooter could hold the lead but it did for at least 50yds. I didn't push it any further because I was already over the speed limit a bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Locally we call the Swing "The Harley Buster"   Locally we call the Swing "The Harley Buster" I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 10:43 am

I've done that a few times. It will hold the lead until the cop pulls you over. I usually back off at 55 because that is the speed limit (for me) in Michigan. 70 is the more likely speed limit for many, many others.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Locally we call the Swing "The Harley Buster"   Locally we call the Swing "The Harley Buster" I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 11:00 am

I once had a cop pull up next to me at a light on his Harley Police Bike.
We chatted for a minute and then he asked how fast does that bike go?
I said, "Why, it goes the speed limit officer."
He laughed and said, "Well how fast when their is no speed limit?"
I said, "a little over 100 according to gps."
He said, "And that's a scooter? Good thing I have a radio. I wouldn't be able to catch you."

That felt really good.

Dan
Back to top Go down
redeye
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Locally we call the Swing "The Harley Buster"   Locally we call the Swing "The Harley Buster" I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 12:19 pm

dspevack wrote:
He said, "And that's a scooter? Good thing I have a radio. I wouldn't be able to catch you."
Nice that he had a sense of humor about the whole exchange. Your comment to him about going the speed limit was priceless. We have a deputy sheriff who routinely patrols my neighborhood. He's tough-looking and no-nonsense on the exterior, but can spin an unexpectedly hilarious story or wisecrack on a moment's notice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Locally we call the Swing "The Harley Buster"   Locally we call the Swing "The Harley Buster" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Locally we call the Swing "The Harley Buster"
Page 1 of 1