Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Crampbuster or Cramp Buster I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Crampbuster or Cramp Buster I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Crampbuster or Cramp Buster I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Crampbuster or Cramp Buster I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Crampbuster or Cramp Buster I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Crampbuster or Cramp Buster I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Crampbuster or Cramp Buster I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Crampbuster or Cramp Buster I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Crampbuster or Cramp Buster I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Crampbuster or Cramp Buster I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Crampbuster or Cramp Buster

Go down 
+4
buddy19520
matthew
bikerboy
GHM-PM
8 posters
AuthorMessage
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Crampbuster or Cramp Buster Empty
PostSubject: Crampbuster or Cramp Buster   Crampbuster or Cramp Buster I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 7:51 am

This was mentioned in another post recently so thought it should be separate so someone searching might find it.

Crampbuster

Or Cramp Buster whichever. I was looking for something to help my wrist et al from not getting a cramp on long rides.

I was at a Cycle Gear Bike night and asked what kind of "cruise control" devices were available. Actually they have several but I decided to try this device. It comes under the heading of why wasn't this thought of YEARS ago. And the price is fantastic too!

You install it on your grip and then you can open your throttle hand and use the palm to apply pressure to your throttle. I drove 34 miles home with it and was extremely pleased.

So if you have need of such a device give it a try; you can't beat the price!!!
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Crampbuster or Cramp Buster   Crampbuster or Cramp Buster I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 11:25 am

It was thought of a while ago, I've had one for years. Effective, simple and cheap !!
Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Crampbuster or Cramp Buster   Crampbuster or Cramp Buster I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 1:31 pm

I imagine all cramp buster users graduating to some version of the "vista cruise" type throttle lock. Just as simple to use, almost as inexpensive, with about a 500% increase in utility and effectiveness. Just my humble opinion, of course.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Crampbuster or Cramp Buster   Crampbuster or Cramp Buster I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 3:09 pm

matthew wrote:
I imagine all cramp buster users graduating to some version of the "vista cruise" type throttle lock. Just as simple to use, almost as inexpensive, with about a 500% increase in utility and effectiveness. Just my humble opinion, of course.

I used to have one (vista cruise) on my CB750 years ago and it did OK. Never held speed all that well but did relieve my hand. Cycle Gear has these too for 35 bucks or so but imho looked like a big act to install so decided to try this first.
Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Crampbuster or Cramp Buster   Crampbuster or Cramp Buster I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 3:21 pm

Not a big deal to install providing you're minimally comfortable with a coupla basic wrenches. If not, someone you know who is can install it in a matter of a few minutes. Quite simple, really.
Yes, they don't hold speed as an electronic cruise control might, but then that's not what they're designed to do, so you can't really call that a fault.
Anyway, as a person who "graduated" myself from the cramp buster, I can only say that for me the throttle lock is much more useful, keeping my expectations in line with reality.
Back to top Go down
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Crampbuster or Cramp Buster   Crampbuster or Cramp Buster I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 6:05 pm

matthew wrote:
Not a big deal to install providing you're minimally comfortable with a coupla basic wrenches. If not, someone you know who is can install it in a matter of a few minutes. Quite simple, really.
Yes, they don't hold speed as an electronic cruise control might, but then that's not what they're designed to do, so you can't really call that a fault.
Anyway, as a person who "graduated" myself from the cramp buster, I can only say that for me the throttle lock is much more useful, keeping my expectations in line with reality.

I will second that. I have had both and much prefer the vista cruise. I also got one of the Go ??? (forgot what it's called) and it is better than cramp buster, but not as good as Vista. Much easier to install, but takes more fiddling with each time you use it.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Crampbuster or Cramp Buster   Crampbuster or Cramp Buster I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 7:00 pm

I was not vilifying any of the other systems Shocked . Please don't attack me!!! Sad I was simply wanting to state my thoughts on this very cheap device!!!
Back to top Go down
WingMan02
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
WingMan02

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Crampbuster or Cramp Buster   Crampbuster or Cramp Buster I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 11:21 pm

I got a throttle lock, 177 NEP Cruise Control CC-3 Dual Cable, for under $20 from California Sport Touring. I like this because I am able to release my right hand from the throttle for a few moments to relax my hand and arm. You can easily override the resistance of the lock and adjust the throttle. You set/release the lock with just your thumb.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Crampbuster or Cramp Buster   Crampbuster or Cramp Buster I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 4:51 am

Cramp busters can cramp your style.
They should be banned on any vehicle with a centrifical clutch

In a fast stop or emergency stop it is possible (happened to 2 friends and me) that the hurried application of front brake will not let the throttle slip closed as the buster may be still active against the heel of the palm. Your involuntary reaction to "hang on" will keep pulling in the brake lever while trying to grip the throttle. If you cannot disconnect drive from the motor via a clutch then power will still be applied to the back wheel.

The Old Dear from our club caused concern from other riders when she tried to stop at the lights, hit some minor gravel, spun into the kerb with the front wheel pressed hard up on the gutter, still upright and the back wheel still spinning out on the gravel from some roadworks. We thought she was just unable to control her bike. so I took her scoot (125 Chinese thingy) and rode it back to the campsite. I had never ridden with one of these things so when I braked to miss an oncoming car I found the surge to be off putting. as I thought the throttle cable was stickin. At the next lights the scoot still surged under braking. I took this item off and had no more problems.
Another freind dropped his ST 1100 and hurt his shoulder through an unexplained incident. He was using power to walk his bike over some difficult terrain in a carpark when all of a sudden it lurched forward and stood up on its back wheel. We think the heel of his palm hit the crapbuster and before he could react and pull the clutch the bike took over.

Double deadly with linked brakes.

GHM-PM... Please consider a better system even if it costs you a few dollars more.
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Crampbuster or Cramp Buster   Crampbuster or Cramp Buster I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 5:35 am

Vista cruise. $17 cdn. cheers
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Crampbuster or Cramp Buster   Crampbuster or Cramp Buster I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 5:53 am

$27 (oops hit wrong key) Embarassed
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Crampbuster or Cramp Buster   Crampbuster or Cramp Buster I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 7:17 am

Personally I have had no problems at all with the crampbuster fitted to either scoot. But that is not to say it is good for everyone,

Cheers,

Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Crampbuster or Cramp Buster   Crampbuster or Cramp Buster I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 7:40 am

Thanks for the info. I just thought people needed to know about this device. I personally had never heard of it. I plan on using it mainly for long trips. And I can see where problems might arise with inexperienced riders but I don't foresee a problem for me. We shall see.

The reviews on the page listed above are predominantly good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crampbuster or Cramp Buster   Crampbuster or Cramp Buster I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crampbuster or Cramp Buster
Page 1 of 1