Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Get new Silverwing with or with out ABS Brakes  I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Today at 7:57 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Get new Silverwing with or with out ABS Brakes  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 1:44 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Get new Silverwing with or with out ABS Brakes  I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Today at 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
Get new Silverwing with or with out ABS Brakes  I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Today at 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
Get new Silverwing with or with out ABS Brakes  I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Get new Silverwing with or with out ABS Brakes  I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Get new Silverwing with or with out ABS Brakes  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

» Silverwing Brakes
Get new Silverwing with or with out ABS Brakes  I_icon_minitimeby Silverwingdays Fri May 10, 2024 6:20 am

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Get new Silverwing with or with out ABS Brakes  I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Wed May 08, 2024 12:11 pm

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Get new Silverwing with or with out ABS Brakes  I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Get new Silverwing with or with out ABS Brakes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wingmann
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
wingmann

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-08-22

Get new Silverwing with or with out ABS Brakes  Empty
PostSubject: Get new Silverwing with or with out ABS Brakes    Get new Silverwing with or with out ABS Brakes  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 8:01 pm

I am getting a Silverwing this spring and I would like to know the Pro's and Con's of getting a Silverwing with ABS brakes and should I get my new silverwing with ABS brakes.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Get new Silverwing with or with out ABS Brakes    Get new Silverwing with or with out ABS Brakes  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 9:39 pm

ABS Yes!
You aren't stunt riding or racing, where you need to be in manual control even in emergency situations.

If you can afford ABS, its a no brainer.
Back to top Go down
scooterbob
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
scooterbob

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Get new Silverwing with or with out ABS Brakes    Get new Silverwing with or with out ABS Brakes  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 10:26 pm

I will second that.

ABS adds value to your scoot if ever you decide to sell, and is a real life saver when you need them. Also, by not locking up your rear tire can give some extra millage out of it.

The several times my ABS kicked in that I knew about, really saved my skin.

When I purchased my 08, the added cost was $500. I know that I have more than made that up in deductibles that I never had to incur.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Get new Silverwing with or with out ABS Brakes    Get new Silverwing with or with out ABS Brakes  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 10:41 pm

If I ever get another bike I will do my best to get ABS. It seems that insurance plans are cheaper too if you have it. But like Bob said about it saving his skin so that in itself would make it worth it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

PostSubject: Re: Get new Silverwing with or with out ABS Brakes    Get new Silverwing with or with out ABS Brakes  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 12:31 am

Get it if you can .
Back to top Go down
GaryL
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
GaryL

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Get new Silverwing with or with out ABS Brakes    Get new Silverwing with or with out ABS Brakes  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 2:03 am

Get the ABS. I needed it once on a BMW R1100RT, and I have been a believer ever since.
Back to top Go down
wingmann
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
wingmann

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Get new Silverwing with or with out ABS Brakes    Get new Silverwing with or with out ABS Brakes  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 10:42 am

Thanks for the replys. I will now only buy my new Silverwing with ABS brakes if it saves my life its worth the extra cost. THANKS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get new Silverwing with or with out ABS Brakes    Get new Silverwing with or with out ABS Brakes  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Get new Silverwing with or with out ABS Brakes
Page 1 of 1