Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Ignition wires to which plug?
Putting Leds in the top of headlight I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 6:39 pm

» noise under load
Putting Leds in the top of headlight I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 6:04 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Putting Leds in the top of headlight I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Putting Leds in the top of headlight I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Putting Leds in the top of headlight I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Putting Leds in the top of headlight I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
Putting Leds in the top of headlight I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
Putting Leds in the top of headlight I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Putting Leds in the top of headlight I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Putting Leds in the top of headlight I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Putting Leds in the top of headlight

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kennylxix
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2016-11-05

Putting Leds in the top of headlight Empty
PostSubject: Putting Leds in the top of headlight   Putting Leds in the top of headlight I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 5:45 pm

So I want to put leds in the little spots at the top of the headlight were it looks like they should be. Had anyone done this yet?
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Putting Leds in the top of headlight   Putting Leds in the top of headlight I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 9:26 pm

Kenny,
The top two corners are used for lighting required in the UK.
On a UK headlight there are holes there in the back of the light and the wiring harness for the headlight includes two small 5 watt bulbs.
On the American wing there are two small "Nipples"
These are probably the guides the machine uses to locate where the holes should be.
That's good for you because you know where to drill.
Remember that the inside of those areas are plastic and reflective.
Drill carefully and you'll maintain the reflective interior.
Start with a very small diameter drill bit  the enlarge as necessary once you have  a hole.
In mine I put multicolor LEDs (bottom left) that I could control the color or create a rotating color.
Putting Leds in the top of headlight Collag10_800x600
I have seen others put strobe lights attached to their alarm system also.
Lasers pointers are small enough now you can even put those in there.
Maybe rig a remote fire button on your handlebars.
Just remember not to use hot lights that are so big they are right against the plastic lens.
Don't want to over heat and warp it.
For more ideas on what you can do with your bike the link to my album is in my sig.

Dan
Back to top Go down
Kennylxix
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2016-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Putting Leds in the top of headlight   Putting Leds in the top of headlight I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 9:41 pm

Cool! Yeah I was thinking about going with a couple neopixel leds. I'm going to put an arduino on the bike to control various functions so I will use it to address them and make them whatever color I feel like at that moment (offroad use only of course:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Putting Leds in the top of headlight   Putting Leds in the top of headlight I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Putting Leds in the top of headlight
Page 1 of 1