Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Drive belt prices
Gather up the tools and wash the hands I_icon_minitimeby landisr Today at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Gather up the tools and wash the hands I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Gather up the tools and wash the hands I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
Gather up the tools and wash the hands I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Gather up the tools and wash the hands I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Gather up the tools and wash the hands I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Gather up the tools and wash the hands I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Gather up the tools and wash the hands I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Gather up the tools and wash the hands I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Gather up the tools and wash the hands I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Gather up the tools and wash the hands

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
smellybeard
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2020-08-11

Gather up the tools and wash the hands Empty
PostSubject: Gather up the tools and wash the hands   Gather up the tools and wash the hands I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2023 9:57 am

I've just finished one of the longest tire changes I've ever done - not helped one bit by the service manual.

The previous Metzler didn't last terribly long. It developed a pronounced roundabout stripe on the right hand side. Bald as and not entirely suitable for a very wet summer. It was really nice when it was new.

The delays were largely down to it tipping down all week but also from trying to get the torx bolt out of the removable section of the swing arm. This, of course doesn't have to come out and brings me to the reason for this post. I wrote a note to myself on the inside of the plastic cover "x2 Hex 49nm. not *! Wheel 138". That should cover replacing the tire in an emergency without the manual and remind me to ignore the torx.

The new tire is a "Michelin Power Pure SC".
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2020-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Gather up the tools and wash the hands   Gather up the tools and wash the hands I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2023 4:23 pm

" I've just finished one of the longest tire changes I've ever done - not helped one bit by the service manual. "

According to Service Manual Section 15-4, REAR WHEEL/SWINGARM, REMOVAL, the very last step on that page "Remove the right swingarm mount torx bolts and right swingarm. ", but the previous step "Remove the final shaft holder mount bolts and final shaft holder." at that point the rear removable section of the swingarm (final shaft Holder) covering wheel/tire is off, no need to remove anything else.  scratch

The section is slightly confusing, a forward slash between titles usually indicates and/or procedure.

BTW, I found this on "Pictorials" Maintenance Section on this forum ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIADt7L5Gho
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Gather up the tools and wash the hands   Gather up the tools and wash the hands I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2023 9:24 pm

I have to admit, I used that video and then used the shop manual just for the torque specs- I can now remove the rear wheel/ tire in about 10 minutes.

Front wheel comes off in about 5 minutes.
Back to top Go down
smellybeard
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2020-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Gather up the tools and wash the hands   Gather up the tools and wash the hands I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2023 7:59 am

Unexpected benefit: The new tire has cured the bit of a misfire that I had! It seemed like a rich spot on acceleration, leaving sooty plugs and a slightly sooty tailpipe.

I assume it was an exhaust leak from the last time I had the silencer off, letting air in and somehow confusing the O2 sensor.

I'll watch the fuel consumption.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gather up the tools and wash the hands   Gather up the tools and wash the hands I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gather up the tools and wash the hands
Page 1 of 1