Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
yss shocks again I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 11:39 am

» Drive belt prices
yss shocks again I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 10:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
yss shocks again I_icon_minitimeby landisr Today at 2:15 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
yss shocks again I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 12:27 am

» New to Me Swing
yss shocks again I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
yss shocks again I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 9:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
yss shocks again I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
yss shocks again I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
yss shocks again I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
yss shocks again I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

yss shocks again

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hondapete
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2021-04-25

yss shocks again Empty
PostSubject: yss shocks again   yss shocks again I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2023 7:28 pm

i've trawled a few pages so settling on yss shocks. i'm not fussed about cost but are the Z-series much better than the eco ones? rear end hopping and crashing over bumps spoils an otherwise great machine. ta.
Back to top Go down
JohnyC
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
JohnyC

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2022-12-23

yss shocks again Empty
PostSubject: Re: yss shocks again   yss shocks again I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2023 8:42 pm

Hi hondapete.

TBH I couldn't find a pair of Z series when I went shopping for rear Yss shocks, but decided to buy the ECO's anyway, to replace ageing Hagons.
The Yss eco's come pre-loaded but seemed a little soft for my liking, after comparing them with Hagons pre-load distance from top eye to start of the spring I found the Yss were 20mm shorter on stated distance. So I increased the pre-load distance to match the Hagons.
Much better but after a bit of trial and error settled for adding an extra 10mm making a total of 30mm increase on preload over supplied settings.
Perfect for my style of riding (fast hell rider lol)considering my mods to performance.
In combination with Hyper pro front springs, a pair of Michelin City Grip 2s, the Swing now feels planted under all conditions of road surfaces as a solo rider(johny no mates brave enough to go on the back)
Hope this helps you decide.
Be safe, be seen.

99 Suzi Burgman 400 with mods
09 Honda Swing 600 with a lot of mods.
Back to top Go down
hondapete
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

yss shocks again Empty
PostSubject: Re: yss shocks again   yss shocks again I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 26, 2023 10:45 am

splendid. i'll go for the eco ones and spend the rest on hyperpros. my last bike was a firestorm so i know where youre coming from!
Back to top Go down
hondapete
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

yss shocks again Empty
PostSubject: Re: yss shocks again   yss shocks again I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 3:03 pm

just got some eco yss shocks and looking to drill holes in the underseat area for access to the bolts, and it's already done! so many thanks to the previous owner (siataukreg)' looks like the holes are around 25mm with rubber grommets fitted. changing the shocks over the xmas break, weather permitting...
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2016-10-01

yss shocks again Empty
PostSubject: Re: yss shocks again   yss shocks again I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 4:26 pm

Some say that it is not necessary to drill holes to get to the upper bolts, they can be accessed using a slim spanner. However, I made holes in the underseat bucket to make sure I get a good square grip with the socket for torquing up. I also have the YSS Ecos.
Back to top Go down
hondapete
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

yss shocks again Empty
PostSubject: Re: yss shocks again   yss shocks again I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2024 12:25 pm

finally had a dry day to fit new yss eco shocks. they came supplied with 65mm thread to the top of the adjuster so fitted them as supplied. much better handling and i'm happy with them as they are. no metal bushings though, just a hard neoprene bush. i'll be keeping an eye out for wear
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2016-10-01

yss shocks again Empty
PostSubject: Re: yss shocks again   yss shocks again I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2024 8:23 pm

I fitted my YSS Ecos out of the box as they lined up perfectly with OEM ones.

The only problem I had with my first set was an allen key grub screw. One of them siezed and no way could get it out. I bought a new pair of the same shocks and I make sure there is no chance of it happening again. The neoprene bushes on the first pair were still in good condition when I removed them.
Back to top Go down
hondapete
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

yss shocks again Empty
PostSubject: Re: yss shocks again   yss shocks again I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2024 8:59 pm

thanks for that. i was a bit concerned about the lack of steel collars. looking forward to my first rideout of the year as it's meant to be ok on friday
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

yss shocks again Empty
PostSubject: Re: yss shocks again   yss shocks again I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

yss shocks again
Page 1 of 1