Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Map sensor I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 11:44 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Map sensor I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Map sensor I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:43 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Map sensor I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:41 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Map sensor I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Map sensor I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 5:15 am

» LF extended back rest
Map sensor I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Map sensor I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Map sensor I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Map sensor I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Map sensor

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pindar
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2022-04-08

Map sensor Empty
PostSubject: Map sensor   Map sensor I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2022 3:44 pm

For the life of me I cannot find the sensor to buy online ....it's a 2005 - 600 abs. Gas consumption when from 4.5l/100km to 7l after winter storage have done all the maintenance and parts replacements..... And I am suspecting the map sensor is to blame .... Subtle misfire at 3okm....been on here plenty of times and it's been helpful..... Did the carb synchro .... Wiggeled the connections and cleaned the map sensor ..... Starts fine at 1900 rpms and lows to 1100 untill the third bar where it settles at 1400 ..... If cheap enough I'll just buy new one....? Where
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2020-03-11

Map sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map sensor   Map sensor I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2022 4:50 pm

The MAP sensor shows as USD183 at Partzilla, so I wouldn't be rushing there. I'd expect a faulty MAP snsor would also throw up a fault code if the inputs aren't as the ECU is expecting. I know this from personal experience leaving a vacuum hose disconnected on my VFR.

I'd suggest you look for some more fragile items that can easily fail and cause issues, specifically the vacuum hoses. One to consider would be the connection to the fuel pressure regulator, or even the FPR itself. The FPR varies the fuel rail pressure to the injectors, and it is controlled by the vacuum signal from the intakes; more intake vacuum reduces the injector pressure. A leaking vac hose reduces the vacuum signal and the injector pressure is higher and therefore richer. The FPR itself also has an internal diaphragm that can perish and that allows fuel to be sucked directly down the vacuum line.

So my first suggestion would be to replace all vacuum lines. It's cheap!
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Map sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map sensor   Map sensor I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2022 4:56 pm

The MAP Sensor is listed on the Throttle Body page.

https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/37830-MCF-003?ref=85b65cfc3f570bceb06d426d7de4a274eb3186b1

However, in all the years of dealing with Silverwings , and on many forums, I have never heard of a MAP / MAF sensor being defective.

This MAF part is common to many Honda motorcycles. So there is a great possibility that eBay has something for you.

You might also do a YouTube check for a “How to clean a MAP” sensor before spending a large chunk of your budget.

Please let us know how you sort this out. We all benefit from shared information.

Edit: Yeah to what Terry Smith just said.
Back to top Go down
Pindar
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Map sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map sensor   Map sensor I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2022 5:14 pm

I'lll do so prolly take a couple of days...it is raining again here..... And thanks for all the ideas .... 🛵
Back to top Go down
Pindar
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Map sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map sensor   Map sensor I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2022 5:46 pm

So I did all the above except buying parts .... Gassed up the bike and it was 9.2l / 115km...... Will see next gas up if that helped..... ... Drive the swing without gas cap ...no change, gapped the plugs, checked for vacuum leaks found none . Rebalanced and set the idle screw ......if there is no improvement I'll buy a fpr because the change of rpm at idle ...sometimes it idles at 1250 and other times at 1500 at free will
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Map sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map sensor   Map sensor I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2022 1:14 pm

I have had great luck cleaning MAF sensors on my 4 wheelers but not sure about the MAP on a scooter. If accessible, cleaning would be easy and cheap just pick up a can of cleaner at a parts store... Good luck!

37830-MCF-003 MAP SENSOR is the correct unit for the Silver Wing. eBay has a bunch for around $80 if you need a replacement.
Back to top Go down
Pindar
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Map sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map sensor   Map sensor I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2022 12:12 pm

Update.....replaced the fuel regulator , put on new belt (easier than I thought) rebalanced the carbs , changed the brakes all around and for my own piece of mind change the tires, cleaned the rollers and everything accessible and now it idles fine , kicks in 300 rpms lower ( was @2100 now at 1800) . Filled it up and put in some injector cleaner. Time will tell...... I wonder if the air filter I replaced before winter storage has anything to do with my high fuel consumption. ? Enjoy every moment riding, I do. Cheers
Back to top Go down
Pindar
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Map sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map sensor   Map sensor I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2022 11:53 pm

Good mileage again 100km/5l......hurray
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2020-03-11

Map sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map sensor   Map sensor I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2022 12:20 am

Sounds like the most significant change from bad fuel consumption to great, was the installation of the new fuel pressure regulator. A clogged air filter sure won't help but would tend to get progressively worse, not a sudden change as you appear to have experienced.
Back to top Go down
Pindar
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Map sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map sensor   Map sensor I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2022 12:25 am

Yeah it went from good to bad within 6 to 8 fill ups......good you picked that up.......👍🛵
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Map sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map sensor   Map sensor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Map sensor
Page 1 of 1