Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 4:21 am

» New member from Europe
Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Angle sensor

Go down 
+5
Cosmic_Jumper
jodders1
Meldrew
The Bern
Old Limey
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Angle sensor Empty
PostSubject: Angle sensor   Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 10:51 am

I was out riding and turned left. The engine cut out. The 15amp ign fuse was blown, I suspect the angle sensor to be the problem. How is it checked or reset, anyone know? If I replace the fuse, it will run for few seconds before it blows again.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

Angle sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angle sensor   Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 12:27 pm

Ear yer go bud ....

Angle sensor 20181210

Angle sensor 20181212

Angle sensor 20181211
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4171
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Angle sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angle sensor   Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 1:13 pm

Hi bud, I've been looking up the same info for Mr Sylar. My FSM differs from yours, it says remove the screen, front lower cover, and front cover first to get at the Bank Angle Sensor.

I also typed a load of stuff out, of course it never occurred to me that a picture is worth a thousand words. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Angle sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angle sensor   Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 1:30 pm

Hi bud, you might well be correct for panel removal, my book is for 2001 model so looks like it was moved at some point, test procedure should still be the same though
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Angle sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angle sensor   Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2018 4:09 am

Thanks everyone for your help, I am going away till after Xmas. I will investigate when get back.
Back to top Go down
jodders1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
jodders1

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Angle sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angle sensor   Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2018 5:46 am

In the Honda manual page 19-0 the diagram shows the 15amp fuse wires also goto the engine stop relay I would check the wiring around that relay behind the left side cover near battery
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Angle sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angle sensor   Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2018 7:00 am

Old Limey wrote:
Thanks everyone for your help, I am going away till after Xmas. I will investigate when get back.

Good for you mate, I'd quite forgotten you have to stay out of the U.K. for a certain number of days of each financial year to avoid paying super taxes on your vast Lancashire estates. Smile
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Angle sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angle sensor   Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 2:20 pm

Further to my last post on this subject. I have been trying to locate this electrical fault. The 15 amp fuse keeps blowing and the F1 light goes out. . The fuse holder says it protects the IGN, and fuel pump. I have used a multi meter. The input wire is red/black and shows live. The two output wire black/white. they lead to the  fuel pump shows continuity. the tilt switch likewise. Sometimes when I put a fuse in it does not blow and the engine will run for a few minutes then the fuse blows. My thoughts are that something is causing an intermittent fault so when checks are made all appears okay. Could a faulty relay cause this? The workshop manual shows how to test a relay and it checks out ( this is the Engine stop relay). One other point is when ignition is switched on, headlight is on and when pressing starter button headlight dims, so power must be getting to starter. Any thoughts would be helpful.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Angle sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angle sensor   Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 2:40 pm

FWIW All the relays in the system are the same and therefore interchangeable. So you could "borrow" the fuse from another circuit and see what happens.

Tim
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Angle sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angle sensor   Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 3:05 pm

A bare spot unseen in the (a) wire that vibration causes it to ground out? Odd that it runs for a while then blows.
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Angle sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angle sensor   Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 1:53 pm

It shows ( in the manual) how to test the Engine stop relay. If all relays are the same the same test should apply to them i think? I have looked very carefully at all wires going from this fuse point i can find no short or wire contacting any point. I am getting really fed up with this problem. I am thankful i bought the cruisym 300 in May, as this is my main ride now. I am okay with mechanical problems,but, electrical faults, especially on E C M controlled machines are beyond me i think.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Angle sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angle sensor   Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 2:22 pm

Get rid of the Silver Wing mate, downsizing is the way to go and you've already got the Cruisym.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Angle sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angle sensor   Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 2:45 pm

Is the wiring bundled with others? somewhere someplace there's a short, so far you haven't let the smoke out, that's when the cheese really gets binding.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Angle sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angle sensor   Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 3:01 pm

I'm wondering if the fuel pump has got an internal intermittant fault, try disconnecting the fuel pump, then turn ignition on, see if it blows fuse.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Angle sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angle sensor   Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 7:32 pm

More to Bern's point; also try disconnecting the fuel return hose per FSM 5-80, 5-81, extend the hose into a 1 gal container, then turn the ignition ON but do not attempt to start. If the pump fills the container w/o blowing the fuse then you can be reasonably assured that the pump is not at fault.

If the fuse does blow then you could disconnect the 4 pin plug at the fuel pump, make a test harness including a 15 amp fuse. Again with the fuel return hose extended into a 1 gallon container, connect the fused lead between battery + and the pump terminal where the OEM Br wire connects and another test wire between the pump terminal G/P and battery - or frame ground. With the ignition OFF the pump should function. If the test harness fuse blows then the problem is in the pump. If the pump fills the container then the issue is elsewhere in that IGN/Bank Angle Sensor circuit.

Caution: Be careful you don't connect the test harness to the wrong terminals. Doing so will burn out the fuel level rheostat and the resulting explosion will launch your charred remains into the next county. 

IIRC the pump and sensor terminals are two different sizes.

Tim
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Angle sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angle sensor   Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 8:24 pm

The Bern wrote:
I'm wondering if the fuel pump has got an internal intermittant fault, try disconnecting the fuel pump, then turn ignition on, see if it blows fuse.

Good thought perhaps heating up then causing the problem much like the old pulse sensors on the 1200 GW's
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Angle sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angle sensor   Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 4:36 am

I thank everyone for their suggestions. I keep working on the bike and leaving it a couple of days, or I might smash the thing up in frustration. I will try the things suggested, even if I want to get rid of it Meldrew I still have to get it running. The weather here is not too bad really for January. On Monday it was foggy and raining. Tuesday it snowed. Wednesday there was ice on the roads. Thursday it was clear so, I had my ride to the coast were it was cloudy but a weak sun, thick fog on the way home. The Cruisym, now wired up with my heated vest, giving a lot enjoyable rides.
Back to top Go down
jodders1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
jodders1

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Angle sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angle sensor   Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 6:56 am

reconnect any wiring altered like side stand switch etc and disconnect any new wiring you have added sometimes our alterations can cause intermittent faults over time
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Angle sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angle sensor   Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 1:54 pm

First thing I did was reconnect the side stand switch, I have no other additions. Today I disconnected the pump connection, as suggested, I swapped relays, I did wiring checks again. I sprayed all electrics with WD40. Bike started, ran for five minutes or so then blew fuse( I put 20amp in). I pushed all wiring again and found no break anywhere. Put another fuse in,it blew,put another fuse in bike ran up to temperature and then fuse blew. I think it needs the diagnostic tool that the dealer has as I am getting nowhere. I will call into my local Honda dealer and ask advice. I have to admit defeat. I will let you know what finally happens in case anyone else ever has the same problem. When bikes had ignition coil, contact breaker you could check these out but, Engine management systems with sensors all over the place one thing relying on another, I give up.
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

Angle sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angle sensor   Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 6:57 pm

Could the short have anything to do with the fan coming on? Maybe try one more time with the fan disconnected.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2016-01-02

Angle sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angle sensor   Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 7:54 pm

jodders1 wrote:
In the Honda manual page 19-0 the diagram shows the 15amp fuse wires also goto the engine stop relay I would check the wiring around that relay behind the left side cover near battery

Also goes to engine stop switch. Check the wires into switch housing and such.
Most exposed area and gets used often. Corrosion possibly in there.
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Angle sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angle sensor   Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 10:51 am

I have checked all wires and all connections especially to the engine stop relay. The fan does not come on at normal running temp so it cannot be that. I have been to my local Honda dealer today, not very helpful, just says I am not near enough to his premises for them to call out. If I get the bilke transported to them, then, they will look at it but, minimum of three hours would be charged(around two or three hundred pounds). I will persevere!!
Back to top Go down
Flyingpanman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Flyingpanman

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2016-06-03

Angle sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angle sensor   Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 11:24 am

In your original post, the engine cut out after turning left. I suspect turning the handlebar may be causing one of the moving wires that lead up to the ignition, etc. by the steering head to short. Try starting and turning the bars from lock to lock perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Angle sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angle sensor   Angle sensor I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 1:45 pm

I have had the handlebar cover off to inspect wiring .I have had front cover off(the part that contains the lights) both foot panels are off as are the middle section covering the fuel tank,as is the seat and middle upper section and side panel covering main fuse and other fuses. I have inspected every bit of wiring I can see and done all the checks for relays and switches as covered in the workshop manual. I myself thought after turning it could be the tilt sensor ,but it checks out according to the manual. It must be a gremlin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Angle sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angle sensor   Angle sensor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Angle sensor
Page 1 of 1