Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 am

» checking the oil
RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2020-12-26

RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING Empty
PostSubject: RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING   RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2021 6:18 pm

I don't know if I'm overthinking this scratch , but I don't see any type of water/dust seal on this bearing  Shocked, I'm taking it apart soon to check condition, etc., looking at shop manual, rear wheel/suspension page 15-9, it shows procedure to replace this needle bearing, but the parts manual does not list it confused
It only shows the higher assy or swingarm piece, aprox $90 USD No

Anyone has experience with this bearing or have a P/N for it ??. I might not need it, but JIC.

Thanks, Allen
Attachments
RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING AttachmentSW54.png
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(292 Kb) Downloaded 13 times
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING   RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2021 6:47 pm

Yeah, I agree. It’s puzzling that the bearing isn’t listed as a replacement item.

RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING A6a12910

Edit: Lousy picture, I know. But I even checked a European parts list for the FJS600 version, and that needle bearing isn’t shown.
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING   RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2021 9:19 pm

I used the zoom function on a pic of an ebay listing for the swingarm piece assy., I could read the P/N
NTN 7E-HKS 35x42x23 of the bearing, did research for a while and the size is not listed/available by any major bearing supplier including NTN,FAG, SKF, etc. My guess is a propietary size made for Honda by NTN. BTW tha's 35mm ID, 42mm OD, 23mm width, not sure if a bearing with seals, could not find my Torx bit set to remove piece and investigate Mad , will try tomm.WKYP.

IAC did more research and found that a HK3520 or HK3520-2RS(double seals/better) are suitable subs load bearing wise(static capacity 10Klbs/46kN), they are readily available in different brands/prices on ebay, amazon, etc., BTW they meet all the size specs, except the width, oem 23mm/.900in., these 20mm/.787in.

Sorry if TMI overload, just like finding solutions to challenges, Thanks, Allen
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING   RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2021 11:28 pm

FWIW For as long as I’ve been frequenting the various Silverwing forums, both the original Yahoo forum, the European .org forum and this forum I have never seen anyone post about needing that bearing replaced. It’s basically just a needle bearing so judicious gob of bearing grease should address any concerns.
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING   RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2021 3:36 am

Like I said on my 1st post "overthinking this" and it's possibly a mute point, but in the other hand how many people actually inspect for play/lube their swingarm bearings on the SW or any type of motorcycle ?, IME as a motorcycle mechanic most get changed after they develop play/fail, usually in the middle of nowhere !!, IAC I'll check mine and report back. Allen
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING   RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2021 7:57 am

Could it be they considered it a one and done item? Of all the bikes I've owned I never had a center stand fail me.
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING   RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2021 1:13 pm

Not really sure on your center stand post oldwingguy   confused 

IAC had a chance to remove the RH Swingarm pivot piece on my 11k+ miles SW, happy to inform that indeed is a double seal cup type needle bearing, so water intrusion should not be a issue normally, the area around the pivot pin was dirty but not greasy, the bearing grease looked dark but sufficient, IAC I cleaned and repacked with fresh grease, cleaned all parts and reassembled, torqued, etc. just wedge a piece of wood under rear tire while on centerstand for support while doing this. I would recommend lubing at belt change interval, more if you ride in heavy rain, etc.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING   RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 11:09 am

My mistrake oppsie, discombubled referance Sad
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING   RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 3:41 pm

Further to this, I plugged in the bearing size (35x42x23) into Google and did come up with a Honda part # 91026-MV9-671. The listing also shows that that bearing is used as a clutch bearing for a large selection of Hondas but no mention of a swingarm application.

https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/91026-MV9-671
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING   RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 7:55 pm

Good find on bearing #.  That looks difficult to remove and harder to install without damaging it.  A little grease goes a long way it's just a pivot I believe the left side takes most of the load on swingarm.
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING   RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2021 8:14 am

Mech 1 twa wrote:
Good find on bearing #.  That looks difficult to remove and harder to install without damaging it.  A little grease goes a long way it's just a pivot I believe the left side takes most of the load on swingarm.

The bearing itself is very robust, similar size bearings have a load rating of 10k lbs, 46k N static, unless it shows obvious damage to it or pivot point(dry, rusty, play) I would not worry, clean by whipping with rag and flush old grease out, do not spray chemicals, could damage seals.

IMO both sides of swingarm share load almost equally the CVT side is just designed to accommodate the components, replacing bearing would not be to difficult with proper tools.

CJ I did find that bearing in my research Honda part # 91026-MV9-671, its is the correct size, but it does not have the built in seals required for the SW swingarm that's exposed to elements.
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING   RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2021 1:33 pm

Found a pic on ebay of the Honda part # 91026-MV9-671 is an engine oil lubed bearing, has oil passages, etc. Won't work at all  Mad
Attachments
RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING AttachmentSW64.png
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(300 Kb) Downloaded 6 times
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING   RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RH SWINGARM FRONT PIVOT BEARING
Page 1 of 1