Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 8:05 pm

» What were they thinking?
Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes I_icon_minitimeby cotetoi Yesterday at 7:49 pm

» Earth cable stress
Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes Empty
PostSubject: Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes   Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 11:59 pm

News article from Associated Press
http://newsmax.com/US/US-Aging-Riders/2010/01/24/id/347809
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes   Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 5:48 pm

One thing I couldn't help notice is that they missed mentioning the most widely triked bike, the Goldwing. For myself when I can no longer ride on two wheels I'll go to a convertible. A trike isn't for me, if it doesn't lean in the turns I'd rather have a car. I did like the Carver though it was so expensive that they went out of business. It was pretty cool great performance considering it only had a 660cc engine.

http://www.3wheelers.com/carver.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes   Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:37 pm

I read this information at 5:30 in the morning. When the morning paper arrived it was all there. Word for word. Hwo did you do that?
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes   Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 5:52 pm

John wrote:
I read this information at 5:30 in the morning. When the morning paper arrived it was all there. Word for word. Hwo did you do that?

There used to be a TV show called "Early Edition" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_Edition ) where a cat would show up the newspaper for tomorrow would also show up ... and then the person spent most of the time trying to correct tomorrow's major problems.

I do not have a cat ... but I do have a dog (Pomeranian) Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes Icon_smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes   Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:48 am

Ha Ha.
Take a look at these cool EXPENSIVE motorcycles. http://www.wimp.com/ecomobiletests/
I just got this in an email from a friend
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes   Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 11:02 am

Cool bike, but very expensive! Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes 186319 The enclosed bike that is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes   Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 4:46 am

I can't get past the visions of flea-infested hippies in homemade VW-powered three-wheeled choppers. But I grew up in the '70s.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes   Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:09 am

I can't get past the visions of flea-infested hippies in homemade VW-powered three-wheeled choppers. But I grew up in the '70s.

Mickey with visions like that it makes me think you are smokeing some wacky tobaccy. Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes Drunken_smilie I grew up in late sixties early seventies and I always wanted a VW three wheeler. Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes Icon_geek This crazy site is the highlight of my morning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes   Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 4:36 pm

Chief Rider wrote:

Mickey with visions like that it makes me think you are smokeing some wacky tobaccy. Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes Drunken_smilie I grew up in late sixties early seventies and I always wanted a VW three wheeler. Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes Icon_geek This crazy site is the highlight of my morning.

I grew up in Utah. People on motorcycles with an engine displacement greater than 250 cc were automatically assumed to be drug-addled murderers.

Today, of course, every Mormon church meeting involves at least a half dozen customized Harleys in the parking lot. The times, they are a-changing.

My dad was always a Honda guy as a kid. I vaguely remember his classic Hondas from about 1970 or so. But then he was a troublemaker. Now he rides a VTX1800.
Back to top Go down
pja
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pja

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Aging Bikers...   Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 5:08 pm

I was on a Ulysses day ride on Wednesday and we passed two folks on Piaggio MP3's going the opposite way (both bikes were black and both riders dressed in black riding gear - very sinister and very cool Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes Icon_cool ).

I have test ridden the MP3 400 several times and I think some day one of these (or the new 500 Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes Icon_lol ) might replace the trusty SilverWing.

The MP3 takes about five minutes to get used to and then is just brilliant. It goes quite well and handles very well and as you slow to a stop you can lock the front suspension so it just sits there.

While these bikes have a lot going for the "aging" motorcyclist; they are just very good motorcycles full stop!

Regards,
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.caseysbeach.com
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes   Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 1:07 am

Yesterday I had a small window of nice weather here in Santa Barbara. It was about 68 deg. (02-10-10) Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes Smile_shades

It all started, when I went looking around (for the lost three months) for other super scooters and found 6 in this small town of 98000.

There were two S/W 600 one Yamaha Birmingham 650 and one of the Piagios 400 that you are talking about.

We were able to get in a fantastic 3 1/2 hr. ride which included having pizza at the half way point.

While great to look at and I did not get a chance to ride, There was just no way the Piagio was able to keep up in the mountains with the S/W.

I also noticed that when the 650 Burnham was in front of me (which was not that often) that he kept shaking his hands and lowering them like he was getting major vibration through his handle bars.

We on the other hand felt like we (on the S/W) were ridding on a majic carpit.

OH and by the way, have you been told the price of one of those Piagios? How does $14,000 strike you?

I live my Silverwing more and more each time I ride it.
Of course after investing another $800.00 to make it just the way I like it's just a little bit better than stock.

Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes Smile_shades John D
Back to top Go down
pja
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pja

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes   Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:57 am

johnd wrote:
...OH and by the way, have you been told the price of one of those Piagios? How does $14,000 strike you?

I live my Silverwing more and more each time I ride it.
Of course after investing another $800.00 to make it just the way I like it's just a little bit better than stock.

John,

Hi! I have test ridden an MP3 400 twice now and not noticed the vibrations. However, there is a strange feel through the handle bars with TWO front wheels reacting to road bumps and undulations. However, you quickly get used to that.

400cc is always going to be slower than 600cc particularly when both bikes weigh about the same.

The MP3 400 is about AUD9,500 ride-away in Australia and so is more than AUD4,000 cheaper than a Honda SilverWing or Suzuki Burgman.

All that aside, I think if I ever get to the stage where I have concerns about keeping my S/W upright, particularly in difficult parking situations, then I WOULD consider a Piaggio MP3.

Regards,
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.caseysbeach.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes   Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aging Bikers Taking to the Streets On Beefy Trikes
Page 1 of 1