Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Slime Adapter I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 5:15 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Slime Adapter I_icon_minitimeby ButlerZoie Today at 4:21 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Slime Adapter I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:47 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to progreso, and could use some advice
Slime Adapter I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» LF extended back rest
Slime Adapter I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Slime Adapter I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Slime Adapter I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Slime Adapter I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Slime Adapter I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Slime Adapter I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Slime Adapter

Go down 
+8
exavid
bikehiker
cotetoi
GHM-PM
Mech 1 twa
john grinsel
oldwingguy
johnd
12 posters
AuthorMessage
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Slime Adapter Empty
PostSubject: Slime Adapter   Slime Adapter I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 10:07 am

After all these years of laying down on my side and trying to screw on my electric air pump and always losing air while trying to unscrew it, I found on Amazon the Slime 20332 inflator hose adapter for $ 7.42.
It simply screws on to the end of the air pump hose and clips on to the air valve.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Slime Adapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slime Adapter   Slime Adapter I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 12:15 pm

johnd wrote:
After all these years of laying down on my side and trying to screw on my electric air pump and always losing air while trying to unscrew it, I found on Amazon the Slime 20332 inflator hose adapter for $ 7.42.
It simply screws on to the end of the air pump hose and clips on to the air valve.

I just checked that out, I have an infiltrator and gauge combo that has that type of end that locks on, works very well.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3297
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Slime Adapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slime Adapter   Slime Adapter I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 1:00 pm

Best is simply on SilverWing, get rid of the goofy angled OEM valve stem and replace with Honda straight//short rubber valve rated for high speed----I found just about any of my air chucks fit right.

Laying/getting on the ground to get at it==good exercise for old farts.
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Slime Adapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slime Adapter   Slime Adapter I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 6:38 pm

I do not have goofy angeled valves that might change the weighting on the wheels at hi speed and I don't have any problem laying on the ground or getting up.
I just don't like not being able to screw on and remove the hose fast enough so that the air pressure stays correct. Actually, I don't like to get dirty anymore either. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

Slime Adapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slime Adapter   Slime Adapter I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 9:14 pm

Clip on air chucks are much better than screw type but not perfect still lose some pressure when trying to remove it. Rear stem is a MAJOR pain no matter what its to flexible and hard to reach.

I have some 90 aluminum stems on order. SW disc brake rotors are on opposite sides? NOT making it easy to install both in same direction for access.

Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Slime Adapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slime Adapter   Slime Adapter I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 7:12 am

john grinsel wrote:
Best is simply on SilverWing, get rid of the goofy angled OEM valve stem and replace with Honda straight//short rubber valve rated for high speed----

Last May when I had my tire replaced at my dealer, I asked if the angled tire valve could be swapped out for the same one as on the front(straight valve). I have fought that since 2012, the angled valve aims at the most congested part of the bike so made checking air a royal pain... Anyway the service manager did indeed switch valves and made it a lot easier, still have to kneel down to air up but no more contortionist acts as before!!! Plus, he didn't charge me for the switch... Much better.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Slime Adapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slime Adapter   Slime Adapter I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 7:13 am

Professional quality chucks are not screw on!
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

Slime Adapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slime Adapter   Slime Adapter I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 8:50 am

I use a 7 inch extension that makes it easier to screw on and off; but, regardless, I end up losing a bit of air taking it off anyway. I dial in an extra pound or two to compensate. I don't mind getting down there to do all this. I get a good look at other bits and pieces.

Jay.
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

Slime Adapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slime Adapter   Slime Adapter I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 1:12 pm

johnd, thanks for this info. A good find and a good option.
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Slime Adapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slime Adapter   Slime Adapter I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 2:10 pm

I should have tried the adaptor before sending in my opinion.
It is MUCH better than I had anticipated. I just used it for the first time and it is much easier and lost almost no air installing or removing the adaptor. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Slime Adapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slime Adapter   Slime Adapter I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 8:16 pm

oldwinguy wrote:

"I just checked that out, I have an infiltrator and gauge combo that has that type of end that locks on, works very well."

Okay, you got me confused  What's an 'infiltrator'? The only kind I know about are enemy agents.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Slime Adapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slime Adapter   Slime Adapter I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 8:37 pm

affraid affraid affraid I guess that's where the air from my compressor sneaks through the hose and gauge into the tire. Smile
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Slime Adapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slime Adapter   Slime Adapter I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 8:40 pm

There are a number of tire pressure sensors with dash LED display available. It will reduce the need to check the tires manually. I use the Steelmate TPMS Motorcycle Wireless Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TP-90) on my bike.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Slime Adapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slime Adapter   Slime Adapter I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 12:03 pm

My take on tire pressure sensors....just another un-needed piece of junk that can go wrong. Tire check should be part of every ride's start. If you cannot feel/sense tire going down on the move, you probably should not be on 2 wheels!
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Slime Adapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slime Adapter   Slime Adapter I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 11:39 pm

So then are you suggesting that your butt is so "sensitive" that you can actually sense the loss of several pounds tire pressure during the course of a day's ride? Say because you picked up a nail, etc. And also that during the course of one of your legendary multi-day rides that, at 79 years old, you actually flop down every day and check your tire pressures?

Tim
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Slime Adapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slime Adapter   Slime Adapter I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 3:58 am

Maybe riding commando as he does, his scrawny butt is sensitive to deflating tyre pressures and it puckers up as an early warning.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Slime Adapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slime Adapter   Slime Adapter I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 7:30 am

Yes---I like staying alive and have a "feel" for riding.
Back to top Go down
dekare
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
dekare

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2016-08-09

Slime Adapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slime Adapter   Slime Adapter I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 7:46 am

I'd be in favor of a tire monitoring system if it were strictly for monitoring and NOT an excuse for laziness in getting down and dirty checking the tire pressure manually. Not that the monitor doesn't do it's job telling YOU how many PSI's are in the tire, but the forced manual PSI check with a handheld gauge allows the RIDER to visually inspect the tires at the same time. A tire monitoring system ALONE will not detect that piece of debris sticking in a tire.
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

Slime Adapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slime Adapter   Slime Adapter I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 10:06 am

Down and dirty, so what ! Take a good look around while you are down there: it could save your butt !

Jay.
Back to top Go down
dekare
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
dekare

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2016-08-09

Slime Adapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slime Adapter   Slime Adapter I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 8:05 pm

cotetoi wrote:
Down and dirty, so what ! Take a good look around while you are down there: it could save your butt !

Jay.

Exactly!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Slime Adapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slime Adapter   Slime Adapter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slime Adapter
Page 1 of 1