Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Woke up this morning I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Drive belt prices
Woke up this morning I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Woke up this morning I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Woke up this morning I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
Woke up this morning I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Woke up this morning I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Woke up this morning I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Woke up this morning I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Woke up this morning I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Woke up this morning I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Woke up this morning

Go down 
+9
oldwingguy
Mike from NS
E.D.
steve_h80
cotetoi
Scootypuff Snr
Cosmic_Jumper
Winger61
Modernman1953
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Modernman1953
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2016-06-01

Woke up this morning Empty
PostSubject: Woke up this morning   Woke up this morning I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 10:08 am

I woke up retired this morning. All done. Got the watch and the bonus yesterday.

I am in the midst of a move to sunny Yuma, Arizona. Our household goods are on their way and my Goldwing and Silverwing are already in Yuma.

Our camper is packed and we are heading out for central Washington State to Steamboat Rock State Park for two weeks and then the weather man picks the next place. We will be camping until Sept 1 and then start migrating down to Yuma.

For those that retired before me...... tell me what you are doing, did with your free time.

Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Woke up this morning   Woke up this morning I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 10:31 am

Modernman1953 wrote:

For those that retired before me......  tell me what you are doing, did with your free time.

Free time! What free time - never been busier. Senior management's got a list of jobs. When I get one done she adds another to the bottom of it! Smile
Seriously though, enjoy your time, you have to work a long time to get retirement status. Just before I retired from the Health Service three and a half years ago, my manager asked me to consider doing a three day week. After serving in the Navy from 16, and then, after discharge, working right through to 65, my reply was unprintable!
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Woke up this morning   Woke up this morning I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 10:49 am

Pardon the cliché, but welcome to the first day of the rest of your life.

Congratulations, Modernman. Best wishes for a happy & healthy retirement.

As Winger61 noted, my time is subject to the "needs" of senior management as well. That said, I'm still busy enough that I have no idea where I ever found time to hold down a full time job.

Yuma, AZ? That sounds as if it might just be about 5 miles away from hell this time of year.
Back to top Go down
Scootypuff Snr
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Scootypuff Snr

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2017-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Woke up this morning   Woke up this morning I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 11:04 am

Modernman

Congratulations on your retirement. I took early retirement 3 years ago and can't believe how quickly the time has passed.

I like the fact I control my time line and have adopted the term "why do today what I can put off till tomorrow" as nothing is now that urgent.

Money I never have enough of time I have in buckets and I've never been happier
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Woke up this morning   Woke up this morning I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 1:07 pm

Modernman, this is the time to follow your instincts and do what you like, never mind the boss. They have their own adjustments to make with you in their face more than they can stand ! If they want to join in, no problems. Time literally flies when you are retired, that's because you are not watching the clock !
Jay.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Woke up this morning   Woke up this morning I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 2:16 pm

Thank you ******'s!!!!!!
Think of me when I'm heading off tomorrow for another days forced labour.
I'm off now because it's unbecoming for a grown man to start sobbing in a forum :-)

Congratulations Modernman. Enjoy!

I'm still sulking though...

cheers
Back to top Go down
E.D.
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
E.D.

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2016-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Woke up this morning   Woke up this morning I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 2:40 pm

I've been retired for 6 years, and always busy, never been busier. I have a very very long list of things to do, even lists of lists!  My own personal things, and then people are always calling me to fix their electric panel or toilet or whatever! It never ends. Now I understand better why they say "Rest in Peace" when you die, I sure could use a rest sometimes, but it's always good to wake up and face a new day!  And I DO make time to go out and ride my scooter, usually set a day of the week aside for about a  200 mile ride. This summer I'm taking 3 weeks to ride the scooter all through the Appalachian mountains from TN to NC to VA .
Cheers!

Last edited by E.D. on Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2013-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Woke up this morning   Woke up this morning I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 2:45 pm

Congratulations Modernman,

Free time in this phase of life is like the Golden Years being golden ... a complete figment of imagination of the person that coined the phrase.  Everything hurts and nothing works !!   (And the clock turns faster each day ... just you wait and see !)   I hope you find just the opposite ... too much free time and thus many hours for the things you would rather be doing on all those days you went to work.  All this being said, it sounds that you have already put a great plan in place.  Best wishes for many happy years ahead.

Mike

Last edited by Mike from NS on Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Woke up this morning   Woke up this morning I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Congratulations, 18 years retired and still busy, the old saying how did I find time to do this and still work will come to mind Smile One thing I modified to help me is instead of just doing for others I help and guide them, that way I can say looks like you got the hang of it, call if you have problems
;0;0;0
Back to top Go down
DodgetheRog
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DodgetheRog

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2017-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Woke up this morning   Woke up this morning I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21, 2017 8:18 am

Happy retirement. I still have at least 12-15 years to go before I can do the same. Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.krfitness.co.uk
Gustafa
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Gustafa

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2015-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Woke up this morning   Woke up this morning I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21, 2017 9:12 am

I wish you all the best! I am far from retirement, but my dream is watching the sun rise, finding a new relaxing hobby, making sure my friends and family have all the help they need.

May God bless this stage of your life and enjoy that RV!
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Woke up this morning   Woke up this morning I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21, 2017 11:20 pm

Congratulations Motorman! Now you have to make sure you do all the things you wanted but couldn't because work was in the way. One thing about older age is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer to the end you get the faster the roll spins. Time seems to pass faster and faster every day for me now. Have fun!
Oh, yeah, it's going to take awhile to get used to living out of harness, so don't be surprised if you have doubts once in a while for a few months. Most of us had them.
Back to top Go down
Art
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2015-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Woke up this morning   Woke up this morning I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 1:22 pm

happy retirement sir! I have 12 years to go but, luckily, no senior management Laughing
Back to top Go down
Modernman1953
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2016-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Woke up this morning   Woke up this morning I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 1:47 pm

Thanks to all who posted here. I got back from a weeks worth of camping and we are finishing up or move to Yuma.

It is hot down there this time of year. We won't be there until Sept 1 as we are camping for the summer in the Northwest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woke up this morning   Woke up this morning I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Woke up this morning
Page 1 of 1