Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Ignition wires to which plug?
Windshields I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Today at 6:39 pm

» noise under load
Windshields I_icon_minitimeby COMick Today at 6:04 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Windshields I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Yesterday at 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Windshields I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Windshields I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Windshields I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
Windshields I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
Windshields I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Windshields I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Windshields I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Windshields

Go down 
+8
exavid
cotetoi
cliffyk
Cosmic_Jumper
john grinsel
GHM-PM
Meldrew
Bluerider3
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Bluerider3
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2017-02-14

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 3:39 pm

Saw a Silverwing over the weekend and I asked the owner about the windshield. He said it was a Madstad windshield. Said it had the same or similar properties and benefits of the Givi brand, but didn't have to drill any holes to mount it. Came with it's own mounting base, brackets and windshield. Fully adjustable for height. Cost I believe he said was about $265. Just a straight up mounting using the original mounting holes. Might be checking that one out since I am not prone to drilling holes in a bike if it can be avoided. Any here have or has tried this brand of windshield? Just doing a little more research before investing in a new windshield. Forgot to mention that the Madstad in made in America, which means a lot to me. Plus it is height and angle adjustable.

Last edited by Bluerider3 on Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 5:59 pm

Just do a little research on this forum and there's three topics on the Madstad.
Back to top Go down
Bluerider3
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 6:51 pm

Thanks, will look further.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2566
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 10:04 pm

Price seems high to me. That is Givi adjustable price range...
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3299
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 7:34 am

Have though about Madstad---never bought, as I feel the same old Maxi-scooter problem will apply=YOUR NOSE IS TOO FAR FROM TIP OF SHIELD!! Idea of full adjustable good however.

Would like to give one a try, but my days with new SilverWing #2 are limited as I plan to sell/trade at 50,000 miles and move to something smaller/lighter/hopefully cheaper.

The Givi AF series is probably best choice for SilverWing----drilling holes for mounts, hurts nothing, the holes are covered in use....and there must be a reason.

The comfort I seek behind windshield is that of a Heinrich equipped 500cc BMW, bought 1st 1959, because have this I did not give up riding in foul/cold weather. CECO in US, made copy I had on YDS-3 Yamaha--went thru air nice, mountings a little mickeymouse.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 8:27 am

One advantage to a Madstad is that the aluminum base allows a lightbar & driving lamps to be securly mounted. Higher and more secure than the "old" light mount bracket which mounted on the fairing bolts.

We actually fabricated light mounts and a bar to fit a Madstad base on a Forza which allowed mounting two 3" single-bulb LED lamps along with a "Screaming" something, ultra loud, horn mounted between the lamps. Everything is very secure, and the lights are up high where they project further down the road.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 9:10 am

john grinsel wrote:
Have though about Madstad---never bought, as I feel the same old Maxi-scooter problem will apply=YOUR NOSE IS TOO FAR FROM TIP OF SHIELD!!  Idea of full adjustable good however.

Would like to give one a try, but my days with new SilverWing #2 are limited as I plan to sell/trade at 50,000 miles and move to something smaller/lighter/hopefully cheaper.

The Givi AF series is probably best choice for SilverWing----drilling holes for mounts, hurts nothing, the holes are covered in use....and there must be a reason.

The comfort I seek behind windshield is that of a Heinrich equipped 500cc BMW, bought 1st 1959, because have this I did not give up riding in foul/cold weather.  CECO in US, made copy I had on YDS-3 Yamaha--went thru air nice, mountings a little mickeymouse.

I've never figured out what's so good about having your nose near the tip of the screen/shield, what is the advantage? I don't want to make contact with my Airflow either accidentally, or under heavy braking. My wind protection is a combination of Airflow screen height, Wunderlich wind deflector adjustment, and a well fitting quiet helmet worn with custom made ear plugs to prevent hearing damage.

This combination works for me and allows me to ride comfortably all day when necessary without getting fatigued in fair or foul weather. Nothing more needs to be done and I haven't altered the screen height for years.

Constant reference to the efficiency of Heinrich screens are probably a mystery to the collective here. They were made specifically for what are now old vintage air cooled boxer BMW's in West Germany. From what I remember from my BMW years Heinrich ceased manufacturing many years ago and their fibre glass moulds and other equipment sold off to someone who carried on making a few fairings and leg shields as a cottage industry.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 10:22 am

Actually Karl Heinrich was probably most famous for big gas tanks. He tried too get BMW to take on his fairing design----they liked to ride in the open.....same idea as their ruff toliet paper. R. Glaeser also had right idea on wind and weather protection.

Nose close to tip of shield=12" to 18" works and puts you in front of any buffeting, too close and you may bump into it. I stand on: life behind Heinrich fairing was comfortable in all weathers.

Tip on top of Givi adjustable would surely help comfort...provided you are tall enough to look over.

Harley got it right, too---as some of their business used to be commercial---Reg windshield, winter windshield kit and tin leg shields, worked well. My new '66 FLH with factory sidecar was so equipped.

Had a couple of Avon handlebar fairings....and they worked well, too.

Current maxiscooters do not offer comfortable control of buffeting---had Honda NT700V and it had well controlled air management up to 65mph. My Kawasaki Concours was world buffeting KING!! with factory fairing/windshield. truly miserable.

Makers sell on what feels comfortable in showroom not function on highway. In addition, to Harley and Heinrich experience, I offer Vespa PX200E late 70's----Vespa USA offered windshield probably made by National Cycle, that provided nice air management and hand protection.
Back to top Go down
cliffyk
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
cliffyk

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2016-05-15

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 6:52 pm

My '06 came to me with some Givi windscreen that was (to my way of thinking) absurdly tall--had to cut 5-3/4" off the top to be able to see over it:

Windshields SL500-02

I routinely ride wearing a baseball cap (no helmet law in FL, visor forward) at speeds of 65 to 80+ mph with the cap not moving an inch--in fact t many I know have commented on HTF does that not blow off. The few time I have ridden in rain (Florida rain, which if you have not experienced it is an eye-opener) I have felt well protected at speeds of 30 to 35+...
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2017 2:14 pm

[quote="john grinsel<>...Vespa PX200E late 70's----Vespa USA offered windshield probably made by  National Cycle, that provided nice air management and hand protection.[/quote]

Could your perception of the Vespa USA windscreen be effected by the fact that Vespas are really not suitable for, or capable of, use on high speed Interstates & freeways and are therefore mainly used on local access highways at slower speeds?

Tim
Back to top Go down
cliffyk
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
cliffyk

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2017 4:09 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
john grinsel wrote:
...Vespa PX200E late 70's----Vespa USA offered windshield probably made by  National Cycle, that provided nice air management and hand protection.

Could your perception of the Vespa USA windscreen be effected by the fact that Vespas are really not suitable for, or capable of, use on high speed Interstates & freeways and are therefore mainly used on local access highways at slower speeds?

Tim

Wadda ya' mean; they make a 300 that'l do 76 mph flat out, and a $10,500 155 that will hit 60 mph! And it's red!

Windshields VESPA-RED-gallery-1
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2017 4:32 pm

My perception of Vespa Windshield----I owned a PX200E, bought new, ridden in US on Freeways. In Europe I had a PX150E.....it worked fine on Autobahn. I have to assume new GTS300, would/can go fine on US Freeways----and there are enough different windshields available to find buffet free ride. Secret your nose is closer to tip of windshield than on SilverWing.
Back to top Go down
cliffyk
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
cliffyk

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2017 4:49 pm

There is also the personal subjective of what is good, better, best; tolerable and unacceptable.

You should "hear" the crap the Burgman 650 crowd gave me about buying a Silver Wing...
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 8:30 am

My 2007 ( when I get it ) has the exact windshield as yours. The PO has it cut down even lower than yours. I can see over it and that's great for rainy days, etc. The original w/shield is totally inadequate at speed, with roaring and buffetting. I had a Clearview on my 2005 and I really liked the "quiet " space. If the GIVI on this 2007 is too low I would go with the Clearview again.
Jay.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 8:43 am

Cee Bailey makes great windshields too. I bucked the trend on this forum and measured my scoot and ordered a custom CB. Perfect height now. Saved $150.00 over the Givi adjustable too. (putting on my flak jacket). INCOMING!!! What a Face
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 9:49 am

SilverWing I have had Clearview (vented), Givi fixed and adjustable-----The Adjustable may be better choice simply because you can adjust height---body changes from day to day. But true comfortable wind/air management on maxiscooter is impossible to reach=nose too far from tip of shield! If you don't believe me simply move head closer to tip---12-18 inched ideal. Things quiet down.

Want real comfort on SilverWing 600? Simply slow down! 50-60mph works for me. Anyway scootering more enjoyable at slower speeds. Do I do it all the time? No but I am learning.

Important point--look over shield height best. The look thru people I guess do not ride in rain/snow/sleet/dust storms/fog or at night in rain.....or know any better.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 12:37 pm

john grinsel wrote:

Want real comfort on SilverWing 600?  Simply slow down!  50-60mph works for me.  Anyway scootering more enjoyable at slower speeds.  Do I do it all the time? No but I am learning.

Good advice, I try and keep speed down, my reactions are slower than they once were (ahem).  Fuel mileage improves and ride overall is better!

Important point--look over shield height best.   The look thru people I guess do not ride in rain/snow/sleet/dust storms/fog or at night in rain.....or know any better.

I like my windshield so can see over it but duck behind it in a pinch!  Stock unit was way too low to do that.

Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 4:25 pm

Yeah, slow down on the freeway to 50-60mph. If you like horns blaring and semi's passing it's fine.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 5:37 pm

It doesn't matter how fast you go, somebody always wants to go faster Right lane fine with me.

Germany, passing lane, get in it you have to run 120mph to pass, and be able to accelerate beyond that....or get run down.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 6:35 pm

john grinsel wrote:
It doesn't matter how fast you go, somebody always wants to go faster  Right lane fine with me.

Germany, passing lane, get in it you have to run 120mph to pass, and be able to accelerate beyond that....or get run down.

No you don't, on three lane autobahns 80-90mph is usually sufficient speed for overtaking any centre lane traffic and getting back in the middle lane again But you always have to be aware in that once in that outside lane there'll inevitably be the headlight beams in your mirrors of far faster traffic bearing down on you. Then impatiently flashing their light warning you to get the hell out of their way.

Having said that I feel a lot safer on two wheels on autobahns than some of the multi-lane Interstates around Miami, Florida and Houston,Texas where I've been in a hire car.

Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 7:35 pm

Germany has such a thing as Lane Discipline-----unheard of in US. In TN, most people think the left lane is the driving lane.

I rode 25 years in Germany---Never having anything really fast enough to really get out and run--Kawasaki Concours really un- comfortable at top speed of 120mph, BMW R80 RT, slow with top speed of maybe 100mph-----in 1950's BMW 500 could run with the big boys, my experience there was one model Opel that would really go----60 HP Porsche--really had to work to get by me, at 80 MPH, downhill maybe 90mph or until valve float in top gear on bike. Not all Autobahn is 3 lane, even today.
Back to top Go down
cliffyk
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
cliffyk

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 8:28 pm

I bought my '06 Silver Wing as a reasonably powerful, reasonably easy to handle bike--kind of like my '03 Burgman 400, but on steroids, but without the marginally engineered mechanical complexity of the Burgman 650.

It's for getting to and around town ("town" is 15 miles @ 60-70 mph from where we live) and an occasional day trip to visit my father (250 miles RT) and brother (200 RT).

Had I been interested in real touring the S'Wing would have been way down the list, with some big American iron or maybe a Gold Wing at the top. That's why I stripped off all the silly "touring" stuff (big a** 55L Givi trunk, CB/intercom, cup holders, etc.) the day after I bought it--lopped 5-1/2"+ off that damned windscreen too...
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 10:07 pm

I don't believe I've ever purchased a motorcycle or scooter without taking a log of stuff off them. On one Goldwing I bought brought me almost $400 for the stuff I took off it. Rings of fire, trailer hitches, extra lights, various chrome bits, etc. Not to mention a lot of pretty badly cobbled up added on wiring. That's the downside to buying used machinery. But the savings over the years is certainly worth it.
Back to top Go down
cliffyk
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
cliffyk

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 10:22 pm

exavid wrote:
I don't believe I've ever purchased a motorcycle or scooter without taking a log of stuff off them. On one Goldwing I bought brought me almost $400 for the stuff I took off it. Rings of fire, trailer hitches, extra lights, various chrome bits, etc. Not to mention a lot of pretty badly cobbled up added on wiring. That's the downside to buying used machinery. But the savings over the years is certainly worth it.

Yup, I sold the stiff I pulled off for $350 with just a couple ads on the local Craigslist...
Back to top Go down
Modernman1953
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2016-06-01

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 10:53 pm

Speed limit in Idaho is 80 mph. Trucks 75. Ride 60 on that. Go ahead. Smile

75 in Oregon and Washington.

If you are going to ride 60, you had better be on secondary roads out west.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 11:04 pm

Modernman1953 wrote:
Speed limit in Idaho is 80 mph.  Trucks 75.  Ride 60 on that.  Go ahead.  Smile  

75 in Oregon and Washington.  

If you are going to ride 60, you had better be on secondary roads out west.  

It is 80 MPH on freeways in Texas as well. BUT I believe if you read posts above we were not referring to superslab riding... Secondary roads FTW! If I am going to put loads of freeway miles on, the Goldwing is my choice. Effortless at 80 and has cruise control.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 8:48 am

Gee I have ridden on the roads of 49 states recently went to all 2014----SilverWing, Burgman 400, TU 250, use right lane ride at scooter speeds----never any troubles---yes the speeds are high in the left lanes.....but not really high like Germany. Americans seem to think left passing lane is driving lane, so seldom bother with right lane traffic.
Back to top Go down
Bluerider3
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 9:30 am

Sorry folks, the speed limit in my home state of Washington is only 70 mph on the freeway, not 75.
Back to top Go down
cliffyk
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
cliffyk

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 9:46 am

I-95 here is posted at 70, do it and you'll be run down by those doing 80 to 85+. Rural secondary roads are posted 60 or 65, actual speeds are 70 to 80. US1 between our house and Saint Augustine is posted at 55, 60 to 65 is the norm...

Last edited by cliffyk on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 10:36 am

I was just in FL last week---I 95 My 60mph or so in right lane didn't bother them as they are all in left lane running up each others rear.
Back to top Go down
Sidewinder Pilot
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Sidewinder Pilot

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2015-05-21

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 11:51 am

Where I live in Central Florida, I-75 is posted at 70mph.
However, if there are no obstructions, it will have a prevailing speed of about 85mph, with faster drivers clocking in at over 90-100!

The safety issue is not actual speed, but speed differential. When this differential is compounded by visibility of the surrounding traffic being blocked by center lane truck traffic it can be a disaster.

I have seen aggressive drivers, many times, dart around a semi in the middle lane traveling at 70mph and into the right in an attempt to "win the race" with the driver he was following, only to discover someone in that lane driving 60mph.
That's a 40 or more mph difference to react and brake from in less that the length of a truck.

Around here, if you want an Iron Enema, drive slow on the hiway!

BTW, since we've migrated off-topic, I'll nudge it back...At that speed the OEM screen has less negative effects on handling than the full-size Givi, even when trimmed to look-over height. I suspect it has to do with the "ears" creating extra turbulence, not sure about the AF.

I tried an experiment with a filler panel between the ears and the fairing, the results were encouraging, it reduced the buffeting around my thighs so that my shorts didn't flap.

There, back on-topic! cheers
Back to top Go down
Bash On!
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2015-08-24

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 12:21 pm

Sidewinder Pilot wrote:

I tried an experiment with a filler panel between the ears and the fairing, the results were encouraging, it reduced the buffeting around my thighs so that my shorts didn't flap.

Shorts? Ball cap (IIRC)?

You are a braver man than I. affraid
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 12:34 pm

Bash On---who rides in middle lane on scooter? Americans just don't know how to ride/drive fast safely.
Example: watch Harley riders in group---they hog the passing lane....just like they would do in their pickups!
That is just the way they ride/drive.

I understand speed differentials---rode in Germany over 20 years. Scooter is not left or even middle lane machine. I have stayed alive over 1.5 million miles on 2 wheels, by sticking to right lane, even on faster bikes. Been hit in rear once, in US, by lady on cell phone at stop sign she ran. In town.

Scooters ridden right can bring a lot of pleasure---but even the big ones are not sub by proper motorcycle.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 1:53 pm

john grinsel wrote:
I was just in FL last week---I 95     My 60mph or so in right lane didn't bother them as they are all in left lane running up each others rear.

I have no doubt that's true. They were all trying to get around you.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 2:00 pm

they were already in fast or middle lanes.
Back to top Go down
Sidewinder Pilot
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Sidewinder Pilot

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2015-05-21

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 3:21 pm

Well, so much for the windshield discussion....

Again the problem goes back to the "NASCAR Mentality" of so many drivers.
They have a need to get in front, no matter how risky the maneuver, I have been almost rear-ended while in the right lane running a little over the 70 posted limit by a cager coming across from the left lane and around one of those Megacampers in the middle lane. This has happened more then once over the years.
Since the US and SR routes around here run 60-70mph, I generally stay off the Big Road.
When I do need to jump on for a few exits, I run fast and hard to keep a clear space around me.
Back to top Go down
cliffyk
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
cliffyk

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 10:46 am

Sidewinder Pilot wrote:
Well, so much for the windshield discussion....

Again the problem goes back to the "NASCAR Mentality" of so many drivers.
They have a need to get in front, no matter how risky the maneuver, I have been almost rear-ended while in the right lane running a little over the 70 posted limit by a cager coming across from the left lane and around one of those Megacampers in the middle lane. This has happened more then once over the years.
Since the US and SR routes around here run 60-70mph, I generally stay off the Big Road.
When I do need to jump on for a few exits, I run fast and hard to keep a clear space around me.

This is my M.O. also, along with very defensive driving both on the scoot' and in the cage--expect the unexpected...

---------------------
People driving faster than you are idiots, those driving slower are ássholes.
-George Carlin-
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Windshields 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 12:47 pm

cliffyk wrote:
US1 between out house and Saint Augustine is posted at 55, 60 to 65 in the norm...

Never realized there was a speed limit to out house, but i"ll bet I've exceeded it! :lol!:

Sorry cliff I couldn't resist.
Back to top Go down
cliffyk
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
cliffyk

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 1:17 pm

Hi Yo wrote:
cliffyk wrote:
US1 between out house and Saint Augustine is posted at 55, 60 to 65 in the norm...

Never realized there was a speed limit to out house, but i"ll bet I've exceeded it!   :lol!:

Sorry cliff I couldn't resist.

I like it. The first house my ex and I owned was 3 rooms and a path, paid a whopping $3400 for it...
Back to top Go down
Bluerider3
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 4:08 pm

Didja pull that behind yer pickup truck and do you have a son that people call tater?

That would be a Jeff Foxworthy line right there.
Back to top Go down
cliffyk
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
cliffyk

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 4:21 pm

Bluerider3 wrote:
Didja pull that behind yer pickup truck and do you have a son that people call tater?

That would be a Jeff Foxworthy line right there.

Actually it was a bonafide "stick built" house, with a foundation and everything--but that was 52 years ago...
Back to top Go down
cliffyk
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
cliffyk

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 6:43 pm

Bash On! wrote:
Sidewinder Pilot wrote:

Shorts?  Ball cap (IIRC)?

You are a braver man than I.  affraid

My ex-mother-in-law asked me, some 50 years ago, if I was afraid of dying in a motorcycle crash? I told her then and would tell anyone who would ask now that I am more afraid of not dying in a motorcycle crash...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Windshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windshields   Windshields I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windshields
Page 1 of 1